Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

This sounds like fun- I think it could be a great way to start using some of the techniques I learned at the Scrap Expo I went to as well as all the new artsier supplies I have been gathering.

Rebecca

The biggest obstacle is coming up with 24 of something.
Resorts would be easy, rides would be easy.

not sure about parks as a whole. I would need to think about those.

Then the color scheme would be key.

My idea for each park was the Icon as the background. Tree, Spaceship Earth, Hat, castle (might be challenging)

Ack, lost my train of thought, mom came over.

Buffy, parks as a whole..
could you do one to symbolize the park itself and then off shoot from their and do lands w/in the park???

could you do one to symbolize the park itself and then off shoot from their and do lands w/in the park???

I'm not following this...help me please.:confused3 Are you suggesting one canvas for each park and later doing all the lands too? OR like a tree of life in the middle of an AK board with mickey heads around it representing the different lands/attractions? I'm thinking you mean the second but I might still be way off.

Buffy said she was having a hard time breaking the parks into categories. Rides and resorts were easy, but she couldn't decide what would be good ideas for how to do the parks besides the icon. I took PN to mean. For AK, someone could make a tree of life, then something to represent africa, then asia, dinoland, etc. Then for MK, someone could make the Castle, then TL, FL, Etc. To reach the 23 total or whatever number we would need.

I'm not following this...help me please.:confused3 Are you suggesting one canvas for each park and later doing all the lands too? OR like a tree of life in the middle of an AK board with mickey heads around it representing the different lands/attractions? I'm thinking you mean the second but I might still be way off.

I was thinking she meant doing on the parks on 1 canvas with the first in each row being the icon for the park and then from there across doing 1 to symbolize each land:

Tree of Life- Africa- Asia- Camp Minnie/Mickey- Dinoland - Oasis

Hat- Sunset- Hollywood- Echo Lake- Backlot- Pixar Place

Spaceship Earth- not sure which choices you would make here

Castle- Tomorrowland- Fantasyland - Adventureland - Frontierland - Liberty Square- Main Street

Anyway that just my thoughts on one for the parks in general.

Rebecca

Buffy said she was having a hard time breaking the parks into categories. Rides and resorts were easy, but she couldn't decide what would be good ideas for how to do the parks besides the icon. I took PN to mean. For AK, someone could make a tree of life, then something to represent africa, then asia, dinoland, etc. Then for MK, someone could make the Castle, then TL, FL, Etc. To reach the 23 total or whatever number we would need.

Well, explained Michelle and Rebecca.. that is exactly what i was thinking but was handling an issue at home while posting..

Nan - that's a great idea!!! I too was having trouble picturing what to do for parks...you cleared it up nicely!! OT...PJ all ready to go?

Buffy - I do not have skype or your e-mail but would love to get in on the secret!! LOL It has been put off long enough! I want to do family photos this fall and things need to shape up for that!

Wow!! Love all the ideas! These are going to be fantastic!

I may have missed the answer to this question somewhere, but. . . are we doing different swaps for each theme or one big swap? Also will we be using the same cricut cut or scal file so the mickey heads are uniform? I know the proportions are slightly different on a few of my scal files.

In case I miss all the sign-up fun I do want a spot in each of the groups...will try to check in when I can for updates! this is going to be such a fun swap!

You all are hilarious! I take a break for dinner and there are like 3 more pages of posts. Soooo glad everyone is excited about my idea and wanting to go all out with it. I'll do whatever groups you come up with.:thumbsup2 Might need to hold off on the paper piecing swap until later though if I'm adding a bunch more groups to this. You know I'll want to join all the groups here. The paper piecing one didn't have a huge level of interest...would that be lame of me?

No, it is not lame of you. If this turns out big, you can put something else off.

I am thinking more clearly today, than yesterday. Sorry to all who found my post confusing.

If we did 1 board for all the parks
Following our previous grid pattern it could be like Rebecca had. But EP is going to be tough.

If we did 1 board for each park we would have to figure out how to divide each park up. Attractions, lands, iconic features, etc to come up with 23 images. That's what I was having a hard time figuring out.

Nan - that's a great idea!!! I too was having trouble picturing what to do for parks...you cleared it up nicely!! OT...PJ all ready to go?

Buffy - I do not have skype or your e-mail but would love to get in on the secret!! LOL It has been put off long enough! I want to do family photos this fall and things need to shape up for that!

I'll PM you my email.

OT Answer:
Erin,
She is about ready to go! Meet her roommates on Monday.. they are going to have fun together! Last week of work is this next week and then we will go full force into packing... it's getting a little emotional for all of us...but we are so proud of her....and she is so excited!!! Thanks for asking..

WOW - I didn't log on last night and I've been super BUSY at work all day ...... and it seems I've missed A LOT!!! :rolleyes:

Anyone want to give me a quick catch-up without forcing me to go back and read all the posts since this time yesterday ......... :confused3

I still LOVE the idea of this swap & definitely want to participate ... I just need to make sure I'm up-to-date on what we're doing now ....:rotfl:

Characters is a go.
We are talking about adding additional groups for parks, rides and possibly resorts.

Oh and for the word for the parks we could do either Disney, 1 World, WDW.

Characters is a go.
We are talking about adding additional groups for parks, rides and possibly resorts.

Oh and for the word for the parks we could do either Disney, 1 World, WDW.

Thanks for putting that in a nutshell for me! :thumbsup2

Man, I tell ya, this full time job thing really gets in the way of my Dis activity!!! :rotfl2:

OK this is me brainstorming….. Avoiding Dinner. I just decided to make a few lists.

Parks- If we break it up by areas like PN suggested? The list below is 24, but if we take out Discovery Island because the Tree is already separate then that will bring it down to 23? Some of those might be hard to make something that isn’t attraction specific though?? You would have to be more about décor in those areas?

Epcot- Spaceship Earth, Future World, World Showcase
Magic Kingdom - Castle, Mainstreet USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland
Hollywood Studios- Hat, Echo Lake, Streets of America, Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place, Sunset Boulevard
Animal Kingdom- Tree of Life, Oasis, Discovery Island, Asia, Africa, Dinoland, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Camp Minnie-Mickey

Rides- Here are 29 Rides. I tried to leave off rides that were character specific like Dumbo, Stitch, Peter Pan’s Flight?? This is too many and of course this is not all rides. This also does not include any attraction or show- rides only.

Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
The Great Movie Ride
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Tea Cups
Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Speedway
Small World
Haunted Mansion
The Barnstormer
Astro Orbiter
Train
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Jungle Cruise
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Pirates

If it was me and I had to remove, I think it would be Barnstormer, Astro Oribiter, Liberty Square, TTA, the Speedway and one more??

Attraction or show could honestly be another 23 all by themselves. I made a separate list while doing the rides because there were so many. - Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, Swiss Family Tree house, Tom Sawyer Island, Carousel of Progress, Turtle Talk, Circle of Life, The Land (could be a ride, but kind of a tour too??), Imagination, Innovention, Figment, It’s Tough to be a bug, Flight of wonder, boneyard, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo the Musical, Fantasmic, Lights Motor Action, Disney Junior, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Muppet Vision, Little Mermaid, Backlot Tour (could be a ride too but more a tour??), Honey I shrunk the kids playground, Disney Animation, One Man’s Dream…..This is over 23 and this of course is not everything

… just brainstorming and starting lists like we did yesterday??

OK… I have to cook

OK this is me brainstorming….. Avoiding Dinner. I just decided to make a few lists.

Parks- If we break it up by areas like PN suggested? The list below is 24, but if we take out Discovery Island because the Tree is already separate then that will bring it down to 23? Some of those might be hard to make something that isn’t attraction specific though?? You would have to be more about décor in those areas?

Epcot- Spaceship Earth, Future World, World Showcase
Magic Kingdom - Castle, Mainstreet USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland
Hollywood Studios- Hat, Echo Lake, Streets of America, Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place, Sunset Boulevard
Animal Kingdom- Tree of Life, Oasis, Discovery Island, Asia, Africa, Dinoland, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Camp Minnie-Mickey

Rides- Here are 29 Rides. I tried to leave off rides that were character specific like Dumbo, Stitch, Peter Pan’s Flight?? This is too many and of course this is not all rides. This also does not include any attraction or show- rides only.

Tower of Terror
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
The Great Movie Ride
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Tea Cups
Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Speedway
Small World
Haunted Mansion
The Barnstormer
Astro Orbiter
Train
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Jungle Cruise
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Pirates

If it was me and I had to remove, I think it would be Barnstormer, Astro Oribiter, Liberty Square, TTA, the Speedway and one more??

Attraction or show could honestly be another 23 all by themselves. I made a separate list while doing the rides because there were so many. - Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, Swiss Family Tree house, Tom Sawyer Island, Carousel of Progress, Turtle Talk, Circle of Life, The Land (could be a ride, but kind of a tour too??), Imagination, Innovention, Figment, It’s Tough to be a bug, Flight of wonder, boneyard, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo the Musical, Fantasmic, Lights Motor Action, Disney Junior, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Muppet Vision, Little Mermaid, Backlot Tour (could be a ride too but more a tour??), Honey I shrunk the kids playground, Disney Animation, One Man’s Dream…..This is over 23 and this of course is not everything

… just brainstorming and starting lists like we did yesterday??

OK… I have to cook

I would get rid of the riverboat.

hang on DS16 needs me to take/tape his leg before he leaves to run........

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter