Disney Trivia December 2020 Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for being the first team member to reach Pink!

Today's subject is Disney Springs, Part 1.

Disney Springs hasn't always been called Disney Springs. Do you know any of its four earlier names?

Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village
Walt Disney World Village
Disney Village Marketplace
Downtown Disney

One of the popular areas of Downtown Disney was Pleasure Island, which featured several different nightclubs that changed throughout the years. The remaining six clubs closed on September 27, 2008, to make way for renovation. How many of the those six clubs can you name?

8TRAX
Adventurers Club
BET Soundstage
Comedy Warehouse
Mannequins Dance Palace
Motion

I still really miss the Adventurers Club!! Kungaloosh!

Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs was preparing to premiere a new show before the pandemic shut everything down. What is the name of that show?

Drawn to Life

Do you know the Disney Springs backstory? Like everything else Disney, there are lots of little touches that are easy to overlook, but that fit into the story if you know what you're looking for.

No time for me yesterday and most likely today. I burnt all 5 fingers on my left hand last night cooking dinner. I still have a few spots today that are swollen and my fingers still hurt some. When I workout on the treadmill or walk outside (fast walk) my fingers swell. I am trying to avoid any more swelling.

Good news is I am off of work the next 2 weeks and can make up the time that I missed.

Congratulations to me for turning Purple!

On to Disney Springs, Part 2:

What are the four areas of Disney Springs?

Marketplace; The Landing; Town Center; West Side

What was the video-game palace that used to be found at Disney Springs?

DisneyQuest. I really miss it also, even though it was pretty run down when they finally closed it. Its space is now filled by the NBA Experience.

What are Disney Springs' parking garages and lots named after?

Fruit - orange, lime, lemon, grapefruit, watermelon, mango, strawberry

What Disney Springs restaurant offers the Amphicar tours?

The Boathouse. An Amphicar drives on land and enters the water.

What are other Disney parks' versions of Disney Springs called?

Disneyland = Downtown Disney; Disneyland Paris = Disney Village; Tokyo Disney Resort = Ikspiari; Shanghai Disney Resort = Disneytown

No time for me yesterday and most likely today. I burnt all 5 fingers on my left hand last night cooking dinner. I still have a few spots today that are swollen and my fingers still hurt some. When I workout on the treadmill or walk outside (fast walk) my fingers swell. I am trying to avoid any more swelling.

Good news is I am off of work the next 2 weeks and can make up the time that I missed.

Oh my goodness, that sounds super painful. Hope you heal soon!!

Oh my goodness, that sounds super painful. Hope you heal soon!!

Thank you. I am doing better today so I plan to get back in the treadmill at lunch. Thankfully no blisters formed. My pinky finger is the only one that is swollen but that is minor. This was much better then when I spilled hot water (it was for tea and we just got at Wendy's so super hot) on my leg a few years ago. That was second degree burns and I had a trip to the ER and at least one to my family doctor.

4/5 on the Disney Springs questions, but didn't know all the other names for the Disney shopping areas around the globe! I didn't realize that they all had one!

Adding 60 minutes from last night. I took it a little easier and didn't do the full Chloe Ting routine for the day. I wimped out halfway through and rode my exercise bike instead. I was feeling weak and queasy most of the day yesterday and didn't want to push it.

640/700

Adding in 45 more minutes for one last round of shoveling. - I think the plows are done and nothing more should be dumped at the foot of my driveway.

I did the front steps and walk again, too, and cleaned off my car. (I don't have to go anywhere until tomorrow morning, but I didn't want it to all freeze solid tonight.)

400/500

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Red, and to PollyannaMom to shoveling to Pink! That sounds like quite a snowstorm!! And the TEAM has turned Purple! :flower:

Today's subject is EPCOT, Part 1.

What year did EPCOT open?

What does EPCOT stand for?

Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

How long is the World Showcase promenade?

1.2 miles

What Future World attraction holds a Guinness World Record (at least as of 2017)?

A 2017 article said that Living with the Land held the record for most tomatoes harvested from a single plant in one year (1151.84 pounds).

Last edited:
I got the first 2 correct. I might have gotten the last one if I read it correctly. I was thinking World Showcase.

I got back on the treadmill yesterday. It was nice to get back on. I watched the first episode of the Queens Gambit. I was so into it that I didn't realize I was almost done.

December 15 -- 0
December 16 -- 0
December 17 -- 62

Total -- 843/1860

I need abut 72.5 minutes a day to meet my goal. It is still very doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!