Disney Transportation Timing

Rm4OneMore

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have used Disney Transportation to get from WDW to Port Canaveral and back again in the last 5 years, can you tell me what time the bus leaves WDW & what time it leaves after you disembark? Assuming our June cruise isn't cancelled, I'd like to book Sunday brunch at Raglan Road and I'm trying to nail down the timing of arriving back on property. TIA

For those of you who have used Disney Transportation to get from WDW to Port Canaveral and back again in the last 5 years, can you tell me what time the bus leaves WDW & what time it leaves after you disembark? Assuming our June cruise isn't cancelled, I'd like to book Sunday brunch at Raglan Road and I'm trying to nail down the timing of arriving back on property. TIA
I’ve heard that usually it will start at the higher end resorts, fill the bus, then return until the value resorts are done. Several busses are used and everyone makes with no rush to get on the ship. But if you get an early boarding time and you are at a value resort, you will not make your early boarding time. I’ve tried but always end up getting picked up after my boarding time has passed. But they take me next so other than the lines and wait it can be useful.

What time your bus leaves from WDW is dependent on how many people from each resort are using Disney transportation. The earliest times pick-up times are about 10:30 am and I have reports of pick-ups as late as 1pm. You get notification of your time the night before the cruise embarkation day. Returning to WDW, the resort buses start running about 9am, although that has varied at times. Like taking ME from the airport, the bus from the cruise terminal might stop at your resort first, or may stop at several before arriving at yours.

I would not try to do a brunch on your embarkation day. Debarkation will be fine, but I would suggest booking it for noon or later.

The busses from the ship back to WDW leave at 9AM, unless you are on a busy routing and the bus you get on fills up. They say not to book anything before noon on property on debarkation day since you can’t know in advance where on the route your stop will be. You could be checking in at 9:45 or at 11:30.

I wouldn't plan anything until later in the day after disembarking. I assume that passengers will be let off the ship in groups ( as arrivals are assumed to be ) and who knows if covid testing will be required or administered in the port. Then you have to get to your Disney hotel and then get to Disney Springs.
As for leaving Disney and going to the ship, again, its all one big guess at this point.

What time your bus leaves from WDW is dependent on how many people from each resort are using Disney transportation. The earliest times pick-up times are about 10:30 am and I have reports of pick-ups as late as 1pm. You get notification of your time the night before the cruise embarkation day. Returning to WDW, the resort buses start running about 9am, although that has varied at times. Like taking ME from the airport, the bus from the cruise terminal might stop at your resort first, or may stop at several before arriving at yours.

I would not try to do a brunch on your embarkation day. Debarkation will be fine, but I would suggest booking it for noon or later.
I heard that 2 and 2:30 had happened a few weeks before I had planned to use them. Also on one of my trips we were waiting for a bus at 4:00 because of a auto accident on the HWY or breakdown. Things happen, but the important thing is DCL stayed until they all arrived. So maybe the vacation started 4 hrs late but not the worst thing. Stress can take longer recover from though.
I had a small carry-on, as did my daughter, and we left first thing in the morning. No breakfast and went straight to a park with a car that we rented and I used the option to have tolls pay automatically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter