Disney to extend 60 day FP booking to non Disney hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't they at least just offer it to the top tier AP's?

I'm sure they would be wiling to sell a new tier of AP w/ 60 day fast passes, if there was a demand. I could easily see if being $1200+ though, so not sure how much demand there would be.

But I don't see them adding new FP benefits to existing APs without charging more for it. Keep in mind, these hotels are certainly paying to offer this benefit. So WDW is making more money, which is all they (should) care about (being a for-profit business and all).

Or maybe tiered FP+ prebooking...3 good neighbor, 4 values, 5 mods, 6 deluxe. I’d be down with that!
If you put on your memory hat back when this system 1st started that was one of the ideas being floated around but at the time the Walt Disney treated everyone equally won out. Since we always stay at least moderate ( and next time deluxe)_ I would love this. And at least its just good neighbor hotels and I agree that Disney will throw some crumb to on site guests.

I'm sure they would be wiling to sell a new tier of AP w/ 60 day fast passes, if there was a demand. I could easily see if being $1200+ though, so not sure how much demand there would be.

But I don't see them adding new FP benefits to existing APs without charging more for it. Keep in mind, these hotels are certainly paying to offer this benefit. So WDW is making more money, which is all they (should) care about (being a for-profit business and all).

I know it would encourage more trips, at least for my family. Kids have been wanting to do FEA, and we've been wanting to go on FOP. However, not badly enough to get to RD an hour early, or stay late enough and jump in line at the end of the day. If we could lock in FP's, we would be planning our next trip to the park. They wouldn't get hotel money from us again, but they would get us in the park. They aren't making any more money from us if we stay home on the weekend....

Well if this is true I will be staying at the Four Seasons from now on instead of the Grand Floridian, the FP window was always a big sticking point even though I love the GF.

The Four Seasons is actually a true 5 star for the same price though. Good job cannibalizing your own resorts....

I wonder if they would sell a fast pass ticket? At our local
Amusement park, you can buy a fast pass ticket for $20 extra ( I think) and you can beat the line on all the rides. The normal park ticket is $40.

Why do I think that either the news are over hyped and there is some unknown conditions attached or the knees aren't actually correct. As they are they dont seem to offer benefits to WDW

Amusement park, you can buy a fast pass ticket for $20 extra ( I think) and you can beat the line on all the rides. The normal park ticket is $40.

I think that is totally where this is going. I expect it to be right under $100 per day per person. And they may throw in a 4th pass for that.

If it were to work like the Express Pass at Uni, then yay! We (my family) all prefer EP to FP.
I have my doubts about EP working as well at Disney as it does at Uni but I stand to be wrong too. I tend to think the crowds are just too different

It took until pretty close within a few weeks of FP for me to know what days AK had ROL, if there would be SWAGS (no) if there would be Jingle Jam (yes) what time that was then Park hours changed (and then changed again after FPs), once upon a time changed from before HEA, to after. 2 9am rope drops changed to 8am rope drops after I had FPs which negated my 9am FP to Mickey to try to be first family (we have 3 certificates.)

You can write it down at 180 but it won't be very accurate.
We book our FPs for early afternoon, in whatever park we plan to hop to. I could do that at 180 days, despite the changes you mentioned that always can happen.

It's all a matter of how we book our FPs.

You could get FPs at least as often as every 2 hours, so it was possible to have more than 1 at a time—especially if your FP was much later in the day.
Right ... I get that. But we never had any more than 2 in our possession at a time. Someone mentioned "stacks"? So I was wondering what I was missing back then?
Back then, if you played it right.... you could get a FP practically every hour of the day.... but still only had 2 at a time.... then run to the next FP machine.... it was all strategy!

If it were to work like the Express Pass at Uni, then yay! We (my family) all prefer EP to FP.
I have my doubts about EP working as well at Disney as it does at Uni but I stand to be wrong too. I tend to think the crowds are just too different

Honestly I think Disney would have to charge around $200 per pass per day if they did it like universals. Just so much demand. Especially if they are charging $250 for 1 fop fast pass and snacks.

Honestly I think Disney would have to charge around $200 per pass per day if they did it like universals. Just so much demand. Especially if they are charging $250 for 1 fop fast pass and snacks.
Yeah, demand is why I think there are issues with it at Disney, and why I don't think we'll ever see it (but I have learned to never say never, or ever in this case)
It costs as much as $189 at Uni, on the days when you need it the most

They're having a super hard time filling their own resorts as it is now! Especially Deluxe.

Just curious why you say this? Every time lately I try to see what is available... for trips this year 2017 and for early next year.... it comes up with either NO availability or very little. Just wondering if you have some inside information?

Domestic occupancy (DL and WDW) is pretty high for the hotel industry... this as of Jul17... don't know what ONLY WDW looks like...

occupancy.jpeg

I could see them making new attractions from here on out “resort exclusive” meaning only onsite guests could book Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy, at least in the opening year.

I am just wondering what will happen when Galaxy's Edge opens. FP will be extremely hard to get with only onsite guests having early access. If you add some offsite properties, I can't imagine. Most people seemed indifferent about Pandora but FOP are hard to get. Imagine something as highly anticipated as GE?????

Are they just non-Disney resorts on WDW property?

They're having a super hard time filling their own resorts as it is now! Especially Deluxe.

I can understand that given the $400/night minimum (off-season) price tag for those rooms. Most folks can't afford that, especially for a longer trip. That said, Deluxes (GF, Poly, CR, BLT, et al) are the one type of room I don't see being affected too much as they have more to offer than just the perks. Values and Moderates might take a hit though. Why stay at a Moderate when I can get something much nicer like the Swan/Dolphin (didn't realize they had perks already) for the same price or a nice DS hotel for less?

I wonder if this is just a setup for another move by Disney to maybe allow 90 days for on-site guest? I would hope not as 60 days out and trying to plan attractions that far out can be stressful/annoying.

I hope not, unless they also plan to increase the FP Days limit for us AP holders who stay on-site. They should do that anyways - 14 days if staying on-site sounds about right since you have double the window. Its already hard enough to keep under 7 days in a 60 day window. 7 days in a 90 day window would be even worse, having to choose between not getting FPs for a sooner trip to secure FoP/FEA/7DMT for a trip 90 days out or risk not being able to ride any headliners.

Really? I could plan my FP at 180 days, the moment I know my ADRs.

No, Just No! 180 Days is ridiculous enough for ADRs. I don't want to have to plan everything 6 months in advance to get any decent FPs. Personally, I'd rather see them go the other way and shrink the ADR window to something more reasonable like 60-90 days.

Swan & Dolphin already have 60 day fast passes. However, it would be nice for Shades of Green, the military resort, to extend the 60day fast pass boon window to their guests.

I didn't realize that Swan/Dolphin had the 60 Day FP Window also. I knew they got Free Parking at the parks ($20-30/night to park at the hotel, though) and EMH. That would definitely make the Swan/Dolphin a more attractive option than say CBR.

I agree. Keep the 7 day limit if they want but at least open it up to 60 days out

I'm running up against the 7 day limit right now as I'm staying onsite in December and have a 60 day window (50 something now). Without bumping that up to 10 or 14 days, it makes it really difficult for those of us who are semi-local Passholders to make FP reservations for all of the days we will be in the parks. 7 days in 30 was sufficient, but 7 days in 60 or 90 is not.

My guess is that Disney is getting a ton of money from these hotels to offer these perks as these hotels will have increased demand. That is the only thing that would make this move make sense. Though .. without more details it is hard to speculate.

My guess is also that these non-resort guests will get 60 days .. straight up, while resort guests get 60+ days (based on the length of your stay).

My other guess is that Disney may just be re-adjusting the on-site perks.
Maybe the addition of a 4th Fast Pass offered to resort only guests. I think the true Disney World fans would line up to stay at a resort to get a 4th Fast Pass per day for the duration of your trip, though I don't know if the system can handle that load.

They have to have some sort of increased perks for staying onsite to justify the increased cost. The "Disney transportation" and EMH and free magic band isn't enough for most people.

Unless they anticipate having special EMHs for the new "lands" or attractions (like they did with Pandora) to be enough to draw guests to Disney resorts.

I think that is totally where this is going. I expect it to be right under $100 per day per person. And they may throw in a 4th pass for that.
Not to give Disney any ideas (although I don't think that they'll implement an express pass option that lets you ride any ride any time you want - they've got too much invested in My Magic to upend or end run that $1.5B system), but I'd expect something more along the lines of $400 to $500 per person per day for one park. As @dlavender points out, Disney already is charging about $80 per person to ride 3 rides for about an hour at MK (EMM), another $80 to ride FEA once (yeah, there's a dessert party and fireworks, but FEA is the draw), or a whopping $250 to ride FoP once (yes, there's RoL, five other rides and a sampler platter - mostly window dressing to give you additional "value"). There'd be a ton of demand for something like this. Price it too low, and everyone has one (negating its purpose). But as I said, I don't think we'll see this anytime soon. What I do think we'll see are more "experiences" that are upsold and combine food, rides, fireworks, etc.

I am just wondering what will happen when Galaxy's Edge opens. FP will be extremely hard to get with only onsite guests having early access. If you add some offsite properties, I can't imagine. Most people seemed indifferent about Pandora but FOP are hard to get. Imagine something as highly anticipated as GE?????

My guess is that they will do what they did with Pandora and have special resort-only EMHs for just Galaxy's Edge.

They will also put the Star Wars attractions on Tier 1 so you can't Fast Pass them both on the same day (unfortunately).

Or (more likely) they will have special "Early Morning Magic" hard ticket events with exclusive early access to Galaxy's Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter