Disney to extend 60 day FP booking to non Disney hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was on Twitter! :D

Plus, I recently read that people who ‘vent’ have longer lifespans. This is a ‘public service’ TPAS thread. ;)

Oh great. That means more old fogies clogging up the walkways. On the bright side.....more points for knocking over a senior with my stroller.

disclaimer......I am an old fogie with no stroller to be had.

Has this been confirmed by WDW? Saw someone else ask that on the thread ...looks like its a blog post?

The original rumor came from WDWNT. And a few places ran with it on twitter, etc.

But we're at Day 3 now and no confirmation anywhere. WDWNT is reasonably accurate, but they have had some goofs in the past... And they like to CONFIRM things when they are not confirmed at all...

I got all hot n' bothered when I first saw this post, but I'm now learning toward this isn't happening... We will see, I guess.

Has this been confirmed by WDW? Saw someone else ask that on the thread ...looks like its a blog post?

I don't think Disney has said boo about it. This is a blogger site, not Disney's, that is saying it.

I could see it at Disney Springs, just like Hilton used to get EMH. Disney could be doing this with them to help push folks to fill those hotels who will in turn walk across the street to Disney Springs to spend money. If there is money to be had, I see it. I can't see it off property because that just begins to become a slippery slope on management and hotel relationships. And honestly at that point .... there would be zero reason for me to book a Disney hotel since I get no other real perks (other than EMH).

Or it's just a rumor ...

As a few people have mentioned, these select hotels will be likely paying heavily for this benefit for their patrons. In my opinion, this cost will get passed along to the customer thereby increasing the cost of their rooms making the cost savings of staying off site vs. on site a moot one. Do the off site hotel guests get free parking at the resort and parks? We like having a rental car for picking up groceries, coming and going on our own schedule and also eating a few meals offsite. Staying on site gets us free parking every where. One plus for our family. 7 am is going to get very busy each day if this goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter