Disney to extend 60 day FP booking to non Disney hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwlver

Dis Veteran DVC member
Just saw that on Twitter. Seems odd to remove a big differentiator between Disney and non Disney resorts.
Now 60 day FP will be harder to get!

Are they just non-Disney resorts on WDW property?

They're having a super hard time filling their own resorts as it is now! Especially Deluxe.

So except for Magical Express I think that there is no reason to go crazy and calling and calling and watching for discounts, these hotels are great for the price and are a great option than the value resorts.

I was already considering the 4 seasons next trip. This would be a big deal in my decision making.

Not to mention we can stay at the Hilton on points for free.

Last edited:
Are they just non-Disney resorts on WDW property?

They're having a super hard time filling their own resorts as it is now! Especially Deluxe.

Based on how not awesome this years PIN code for us is versus the last couple of years (only 10% at a lot of resorts versus 25 or 30 in previous years) I’m not sure that’s true. But since I’m looking at a sample size of one, I could be wrong.

If I were an AP holder I’d be annoyed that everyone else is getting to the front of the FP line. But I guess since the article says they’re talking about resorts around DS they have an incentive to see those filled too since people there will likely spend more at the Springs.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn before a Disney cruise in the past. The room was lovely and easy walk to Disney Springs and buses and now I feel foolish for getting up today at 630 and calling for annual pass discounts for our January stay. I will have to rethink our September stay I can save probably $1000 and deal with the 30 day fP for annual passholders. Which is annoying because when you call they are so happy you are annual passholder and it basically means nothing.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn before a Disney cruise in the past. The room was lovely and easy walk to Disney Springs and buses and now I feel foolish for getting up today at 630 and calling for annual pass discounts for our January stay. I will have to rethink our September stay I can save probably $1000 and deal with the 30 day fP for annual passholders. Which is annoying because when you call they are so happy you are annual passholder and it basically means nothing.

What is the deal with the 30 day AP window??

They should at least offer the 60 with the Platinum pass.

It's not like you spent $800 on the ticket or anything...:rolleyes1

Based on how not awesome this years PIN code for us is versus the last couple of years (only 10% at a lot of resorts versus 25 or 30 in previous years) I’m not sure that’s true. But since I’m looking at a sample size of one, I could be wrong.

If I were an AP holder I’d be annoyed that everyone else is getting to the front of the FP line. But I guess since the article says they’re talking about resorts around DS they have an incentive to see those filled too since people there will likely spend more at the Springs.

Good point, Princess.

I still think AP's should be able to book 60 days in advance regardless if their on site or off site.

I like this news though of extending the 60 day window to other hotels, especially in the Disney Springs area. Really hope Best Western in DS is included because I think that's one of the best hotels in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!