"Disney through the Years" January Exercise Challenge

15-minute walk last night (cold and snowy!)

240/1200

Enjoying all the information, @PollyannaMom.

Interesting that there was not much Disney-wise in 1939, since that was a huge year for movies (some say the best year ever - Gone With the Wind, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Stagecoach, The Wizard of Oz, etc.). But possibly of interest, 1939 was the year Shirley Temple presented Walt Disney with the famous "Snow White" honorary Oscar - the full-size figure with seven smaller ones.

Last edited:

Just stopping by to say that this is an AWESOME THREAD!!!

I'm starting abs workout in February. Not really sure on the workout time, since I haven't done abs since 2012.:duck:
I will also have to research on eating , because I don't want to lose Not One Pound while getting my tummy fit! Maybe I will have to eat more protein or something! I actually want to gain 10 lbs as well! :wishsize2

:rainbow: We've made it to Friday, and we have our first "optimistic orange"! - Congratulations to :tigger:sophy1996!!
We also have two more blues: :sulley:#1hoosierfan and :stitch:Tasha228!!

75% of participants have reported in so far, and the team stands at 15% of goal (1,838/12,540). Keep up the good work everyone!! :cheer2:

1941 brings us the releases of:
Reluctant Dragon.jpg

and :dumbo:Dumbo. - I remember being so upset seeing a re-release of Dumbo as a kid, because he was separated from his Mom. I must have been in a clingy stage at the time, but I refused to watch it again for years!

Tell us your stories about either of these films.

44 min today
326/1400
:dumbo:Dumbo. - I remember being so upset seeing a re-release of Dumbo as a kid, because he was separated from his Mom. I must have been in a clingy stage at the time, but I refused to watch it again for years!

I remember watching Dumbo a lot as a kid. That "Baby mine" scene still makes me cry though. And I remember being so angry at all those other snobby elephants. Also the "Elephants on Parade" scene was so creepy to me. "When I see an elephant fly" always made me laugh. And of course I absolutely loved Dumbo's triumph at the end.
When I was at WDW this past May, I was very very tempted to buy the Dumbo and Mom plush from the Storybook Circus shop in MK. It was so incredibly soft, but I was afraid it would also make me too emotional so I ultimately didn't buy it.

Loving this very fun theme! Excited to learn more as we travel through Disney time.

Good morning, happy weekend, and congrats to our newest color-changer, scdak!!!! :tigger::sunny::tigger:

I'm adding 25 minutes of shoveling yesterday, for 75/465, and the team stands at 16% of goal.

New for 1942 was Bambi, for which the artists went to great lengths to achieve realism in their animation. This clip is a bit longer than some of the others I've posted, but totally worth it! -

18 minutes Thursday - yoga
0 Friday
40 minutes walking today - all the treadmills in the main gym were in use, so I had to use the ones in the small room reserved for walking only.
40 minutes shoveling - snow was about 5 inches deep when I started over an inch came down while I was out there.

350/1200

New for 1942 was Bambi, for which the artists went to great lengths to achieve realism in their animation. This clip is a bit longer than some of the others I've posted, but totally worth it! -

WOW!!!!!!!!! That was incredible! Come to think of it I don't think I ever actually watched the movie. I'm going to have to correct that and when I do I'll definitely have a greater appreciation. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter