Disney Store Permanently Closed 2020

Ugh, hate to see all the closing rumours are really true. Bad enough the location closest to me (Square One) was one of the first to close back in March.
Square One was closest to me growing up, but always used to love the location at Eaton Centre when it was on the main level with all the animation in the windows and the old teal and pink design. 💔

A few more US non-outlets also:

Americana at BrandGlendale
Plaza West CovinaWest Covina
South Coast PlazaCosta Mesa
Chicago Ridge MallChicago Ridge
Polaris Fashion PlaceColumbus

Ugh. I'm near the store in Columbus/Polaris Fashion Place. I still hoped. :-( The Cincy store just closed last week (the one at the Outlet Mall nearby is still open, but I do wonder for how long).

Has the Disney Outlet in Gilroy been announced to close yet? Because that's the only Northern CA Disney Store outlet that seems to do a lot of business in Gilroy with their outlet center they have

Square One was closest to me growing up, but always used to love the location at Eaton Centre when it was on the main level with all the animation in the windows and the old teal and pink design. 💔

I definitely miss going to the Eaton Centre location on my lunch breaks. Probably the only thing I don’t like about working from home during this pandemic. Might need to do a road trip to one or two of the stores before they all close forever 😭

I definitely miss going to the Eaton Centre location on my lunch breaks. Probably the only thing I don’t like about working from home during this pandemic. Might need to do a road trip to one or two of the stores before they all close forever 😭
The Mall at Toronto Eaton Centre isn't closing. Not yet.

The one in down town Salt Lake is still open. They have a line to get in with the pandemic going on. It’s always been a pretty busy store.

We've just lost Milton Keynes, and Manchester is set to lose one of their stores soon. The rest are likely going to close down next month or September, leaving just London (England) Oxford Street.
A few more US non-outlets also:

Americana at BrandGlendale
Plaza West CovinaWest Covina
South Coast PlazaCosta Mesa
Chicago Ridge MallChicago Ridge
Polaris Fashion PlaceColumbus
Heard from a friend who lives in the Chicago area that Chicago Ridge is the last ever Pink & Green Disney Store in the world, which had been in operation since around 1994. It's sadly going to be the end of an era for the longest-lived format, which was first introduced in 1988 as the first volume format, and the most numerous format that had many tranches, with the last P&Gs opening in the late 1990s before the Pipe Rails took over for every new opening.

We've just lost Milton Keynes, and Manchester is set to lose one of their stores soon. The rest are likely going to close down next month or September, leaving just London (England) Oxford Street.

Heard from a friend who lives in the Chicago area that Chicago Ridge is the last ever Pink & Green Disney Store in the world, which had been in operation since around 1994. It's sadly going to be the end of an era for the longest-lived format, which was first introduced in 1988 as the first volume format, and the most numerous format that had many tranches, with the last P&Gs opening in the late 1990s before the Pipe Rails took over for every new opening.
The last Pipe Rails location was Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It closed on May 19, 2021.

The last Pipe Rails location was Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It closed on May 19, 2021.
Chicago Michigan Avenue (Magnificent Mile) is technically a Pipe Rail, and that's expected to survive the cull, as it's a key flagship - Chicago is the birthplace of Walt Disney and the third largest city in the US, so it makes sense to retain a flagship there.

Chicago Michigan Avenue (Magnificent Mile) is technically a Pipe Rail, and that's expected to survive the cull, as it's a key flagship - Chicago is the birthplace of Walt Disney and the third largest city in the US, so it makes sense to retain a flagship there.
Oh! I see. And Time Square in Manhattan is Imagination Park. Will that last? Stay tuned.

Ugh. I'm near the store in Columbus/Polaris Fashion Place. I still hoped. :-( The Cincy store just closed last week (the one at the Outlet Mall nearby is still open, but I do wonder for how long).

me too. I thought we were safe - so sad to see it is closing

Seems like they are keeping the outlet stores open and closing the regular ones. But a lot of times the outlet stores do not carry certain newly released items. Its sad times lol.

Disney Store in the Westfield Mall, Stockholm closed for good on Friday (30th July). The original date was yesterday but they sold out of stock by Friday so closed a day early. DD worked there (former Disney Store UK CM and CM from the Cultural Rep programme at Epcot in 2009-2010). :sad1:
Edited to add: - Glasgow St Enoch Disney Store has announced today (2nd August) that they will close for good on or before 11th August after 30+ years of trading there.

Last edited:
More sad news from the UK:

Blackpool is set to close tomorrow, while more closure dates have been confirmed:

Glasgow (St Enoch) - 11th of August†
Norwich - 11th of August
Lakeside (Thurrock, Essex) - 12th of August
Sheffield Meadowhall - 18th of August

Stores already closed:

Aberdeen
Bromley
Chester (Pop-up)
Derby?
London (Westfield Stratford City)
Leicester (Pop-up)
Manchester (Trafford Centre)
Milton Keynes
Nottingham
Southampton
York

To be confirmed:

Belfast†
Bluewater
Birmingham (Bullring)
Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
Cardiff (St David's Dewi Sant)†
Gateshead (Metro Centre)
Leeds (White Rose)
Liverpool
London (Westfield White City)
Manchester (Arndale)
Merry Hill

Expected to survive:

Dublin (Grafton Street)*
London (Oxford Street)

† = Last store in entire devolved nation.
* = In the Republic of Ireland.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter