Disney Store Discounts

antnee

Chasing Amy
I went to the Disney Store recently and was told they were no longer giving discounts to DVC members effective Jan 1, 2004. WTH?????Then the salesperson said that the NY store would be bought out by th Disney Corp from Disney promotions and turnd into an Emporium style store similiar to a store on Mainstreet

That is incorrect.

The Disney Club discount ended 12/31/03 NOT Disney Vacation Club.

I just used my card at our local store the other day.

I think the CM was wrong. I would go back and ask for a manager. I just used mine not more than 3 days ago.

Let us know what happens if you go back or call.

Did you still purchase the items? Was it a large purchase?

From the DVC Member Website:

The Disney Store Discount
Members are currently eligible to receive a 10% merchandise discount at The Disney Store chain of retail shops. This does not include any Walt Disney World® Theme Park shops, resort hotel shops, or any other retail establishment run by The Walt Disney Company or its affiliated companies. You must present your Disney Vacation Club Membership card at the time of purchase. Only the person named on the Membership card is eligible for the discount. This discount is not valid on purchases made through The Disney Store Catalog or The Disney Store Online, and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The offer is not applicable to Disney ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Dollars, and other selected merchandise.

no i wasnt a large purchase. I think the person was the store manager. He must have been confused. I just thought maybe it did end. I'll let it go

I also just used mine about a week ago. I was waiting for the CM to say they don't have it anymore because I had read here that some have been confusing the disney club ending with the DVC discount.

I was given my 10% discount [is that all it is supposed to be? I was thinking 20% but wasn't sure]

antnee,

Sorry they gave you the wrong information. I'm glad it wasn't a large purchase.

Better luck next time.

Sorry you received the wrong information.

Even though you are willing to let it go, my advice is to call MS and give the the name & address of the store involved. Someone will contact the store manager and straighten things out. That way, you won't have a problem next time. (and Maybe next time it will be a big purchase, LOL).

An alternative to calling would be to send an email to the DVC Member Satisfaction Manager. Unless someone has a different email address, I'd just send it to :

members@disneyvacationclub.com

Be sure to say ATTN: Member Satisfaction Manager in the subject line.

Best wishes -

Originally posted by Lexxiefern
I also just used mine about a week ago. I was waiting for the CM to say they don't have it anymore because I had read here that some have been confusing the disney club ending with the DVC discount.

I was given my 10% discount [is that all it is supposed to be? I was thinking 20% but wasn't sure]

It is 10%.

Anyone know if the discount is good on AP's? That is providing they know DVC members get a discount :rolleyes: ;) . Thanks for the info, Kim

Originally posted by brittsmum1998
Anyone know if the discount is good on AP's? That is providing they know DVC members get a discount :rolleyes: ;) . Thanks for the info, Kim

No it is not but I sure wish it was. I still think Disney is making a big mistake by not giving that discount on AP's to DVC members.

HBC

I am sure they are still confusing the Disney Club Card with the Disney Vacation Club Card. :earsgirl:

I know it may be more trouble than its worth, but I would go back and get your discount!! My wife was turned away a few months ago at a Disney Store here in California (we are new members and just got our cards). I was really mad when she told me because we buy a lot from the Disney Store and that played a small part in our decision to buy DVC. Anyway, I sent her back to the store with a print out (another poster listed the exact paragraph from the member site above) from the member site where it stated we get 10%. Believe it or not, the person that turned my wife away was the manager!! The manager said that our cards were not being accepted when she swiped them through so she assumed that there was no discount. However, since we brought in the section from the member site, she honored the discount and has done so ever since. She also thanked us (on a later visit) because several other people have tried to use their DVC cards at her store, and now, all of her staff is aware of what to do. I know for one small purchase ir may not be worth the trip back to the store, but we paid a lot of $ for DVC, and any discounts or benefits that are offered, we should all get!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by brittsmum1998

there is no discount on passes except for the UMP (or whatever it is called these days) and that is at 10% when you check in.

Antnee, can you tell us what store you were in??

This is important because there is indeed a store in NYC that was purchased from the chain and will be converted to a World of Disney type of store. It is not considered a Disney Store any longer and therefore your discount would not be valid there.

I have had them give me the DVC discount on Park Hopper Passes in 2002. I did not realize it was a mistake until I read it on the boards. I have not tried this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter