Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Going through the sheaves pretty smoothly. I'm assuming they don't have weight in them. Good to see them going. Have they run them on the Riviera line yet that anybody has seen?

Thoroughly enjoy how quickly they whisk away up and out of the station. That’s going to be amazing leaving the Generation Gap Bridge station.

Can you imagine how it will look at night when you arrive back at the resort???!!!! With the station lit up and the water beneath as you glide down to the landing to return home for the evening. Ahhh... I can't wait!!

So seeing the videos from higher speeds and from the station made me wonder--there appears to be a slight swinging motion when it takes off and then when it comes back into another station is that what would happen with people inside too?

So seeing the videos from higher speeds and from the station made me wonder--there appears to be a slight swinging motion when it takes off and then when it comes back into another station is that what would happen with people inside too?

I would expect a bit of swing but at least the ones I have been on it doesn’t feel like a wild, crazy swing ... also in that Blogmickey video it looks like they dampen the swing a bit when it came in

I would expect a bit of swing but at least the ones I have been on it doesn’t feel like a wild, crazy swing ... also in that Blogmickey video it looks like they dampen the swing a bit when it came in
Thanks that's good information to know. I hadn't really thought about the motion of going out of the station and coming back in yet. I'm sure it will probably be similar to the monorail in terms of that butterfly feel in your stomach (if you know what I mean) I just could see some people feeling different because the gondola's structure. Either way sounds like it could a fun ride so long as the swing motion is pretty mild :)

Thanks that's good information to know. I hadn't really thought about the motion of going out of the station and coming back in yet. I'm sure it will probably be similar to the monorail in terms of that butterfly feel in your stomach (if you know what I mean) I just could see some people feeling different because the gondola's structure. Either way sounds like it could a fun ride so long as the swing motion is pretty mild :)

I think that is a good comparison - and I am sure for people that are going in nervous about riding it, that bit of swing won’t help - but for those looking to riding it, it will be a bit of extra fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter