Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Seems to take away some of the advantage of staying at a skyliner resort.

Disney promises transportation to the parks which it offers. It does not and has never that I'm aware promised that ALL transportation options are available during park hours. It's known that buses are available early to late and the others during specific times.

If the hours don't work for people, there are options to stay at other resorts for less $$ if they wish. If guests want to stay at higher $$ resorts, it's with the understanding that bus service is available from early to late and the other options during specific times.

I think that, ultimately, they can't meet the demand for RotR each day, so they aren't concerned with getting people at the gates for RD efficiently. If RotR is moved to the FP system I would imagine that they will start the skyliner in time to get people there for RD. At that point, at least a handful of people will be guaranteed the chance to ride it & the need to get there at 5:30 am will be lessened.
That may be true, but they should be concerned about their resort guests, particularly those staying at their new, important hotel, and accommodating those prices.

Disney promises transportation to the parks which it offers. It does not and has never that I'm aware promised that ALL transportation options are available during park hours. It's known that buses are available early to late and the others during specific times.

If the hours don't work for people, there are options to stay at other resorts for less $$ if they wish. If guests want to stay at higher $$ resorts, it's with the understanding that bus service is available from early to late and the other options during specific times.
I disagree on this. These resorts are not presented as bus-service parks with a sometimes-added-bonus of other transportation. The transportation is one of the main reasons they can justify the higher money for those resorts. Presenting it that guests paying even greater-inflated rates should go to cheaper resorts or pay the higher rates with the understanding they will be limited to using the advantageous (and advertised) transportation only during the middle of the day is honestly a bit insulting. Moreover, when looking at those hotels on WDW's page and they are touted with that transportation, that is not at all how they are presented.

The Epcot monorail is not the best example either, since that's due to needed repairs and they are trying to limit it to times that are not as high demand mornings.

When transportation is unavailable due to problems or weather, that is one thing. Choosing to simply make it unavailable for park open is nearly infuriating.

When transportation is unavailable due to problems or weather, that is one thing. Choosing to simply make it unavailable for park open is nearly infuriating.
Couldn’t agree more! No one would accept buses not running early enough for park opening, I’m not sure why skyliner should be any different. Especially when they’re now advertising it as a major perk for those resorts.

OK, I think I’m officially starting to hit that point in researching where you think you’ve got a good understanding on how something works and then you read something that confuses you and makes you question what you’ve learned. :rotfl:

We will be staying at the POP Century in July. If we want to go from the POP to Hollywood Studios we will need to get off at Caribbean Bech and transfer to the line that goes to Hollywood Studios, correct? I was just reading an article that said ”If you are going to Hollywood Studios from here (POP/AoA), you will not be required to exit at the Caribbean Beach station, you can continue right on to Hollywood Studios. If you are going to Epcot or the Riviera Resort you will need to transfer at the Caribbean Beach station.” That’s not true is it?

Also, since I’m somewhat confused now, I just wanted to verify that when going from POP to Epcot, you DO have to transfer to the Line from CBR station to the Epcot line, but when you get to the Riviera Station, you can just stay on and continue going to Epcot, right?

OK, I think I’m officially starting to hit that point in researching where you think you’ve got a good understanding on how something works and then you read something that confuses you and makes you question what you’ve learned. :rotfl:

We will be staying at the POP Century in July. If we want to go from the POP to Hollywood Studios we will need to get off at Caribbean Bech and transfer to the line that goes to Hollywood Studios, correct? I was just reading an article that said ”If you are going to Hollywood Studios from here (POP/AoA), you will not be required to exit at the Caribbean Beach station, you can continue right on to Hollywood Studios. If you are going to Epcot or the Riviera Resort you will need to transfer at the Caribbean Beach station.” That’s not true is it?

Also, since I’m somewhat confused now, I just wanted to verify that when going from POP to Epcot, you DO have to transfer to the Line from CBR station to the Epcot line, but when you get to the Riviera Station, you can just stay on and continue going to Epcot, right?

Yes.

From Pop you have to get off at CBR and transfer. If traveling from CBR to Epcot, you can stay on at Riviera station.

Ok, to clarify think of CBR as the hub. You have to get off the line at CBR and transfer to your next line (the only exception is Riviera to EPCOT). So, if you are going to a park from Pop, you have to get out of the Skyliner at the hub and switch to whichever line you want.

There are 3 lines to the Skyliner; the AoA/Pop line, The Studios line, and the Riviera/EPCOT line. Those are 3 separate lines all running to the CBR hub.

Yes CBR station is where all the current lines come into. It is the hub with spokes. Pop/AoA to CBR. Epcot to CBR. HS to CBR.

Exiting your Pop/AoA ride, you find yourself in an large open area with Information in the center, you go left for HS gondolas and right for Epcot gondolas. You can also do what we got accustomed to doing as well in the morning: exit the CBR hub all together, go down the ramp to the grass and sidewalks, visit the Joffrey's for goodies, and then go right back into the CBR hub for continuing to your destination. Loved traveling to Epcot with coffee and pastry.

Ok, to clarify think of CBR as the hub. You have to get off the line at CBR and transfer to your next line (the only exception is Riviera to EPCOT). So, if you are going to a park from Pop, you have to get out of the Skyliner at the hub and switch to whichever line you want.

There are 3 lines to the Skyliner; the AoA/Pop line, The Studios line, and the Riviera/EPCOT line. Those are 3 separate lines all running to the CBR hub.
Yes CBR station is where all the current lines come into. It is the hub with spokes. Pop/AoA to CBR. Epcot to CBR. HS to CBR.

Exiting your Pop/AoA ride, you find yourself in an large open area with Information in the center, you go left for HS gondolas and right for Epcot gondolas. You can also do what we got accustomed to doing as well in the morning: exit the CBR hub all together, go down the ramp to the grass and sidewalks, visit the Joffrey's for goodies, and then go right back into the CBR hub for continuing to your destination. Loved traveling to Epcot with coffee and pastry.

Thanks! I knew that was the case, but since it was a very long, detailed and informative blog post that was recently updated it made me question if maybe they recently changed something and I missed it. The funny thing is in the comments section the author responded to a few posters and gave the right answer that you did have to get off.

@Orionreplay Yeah, I did see that they had a Joffrey's close to the CBR station and may need to give it a try. Already planning on occasionally bringing my refillable mug and walking to Spyglass Grill to fill it up with the Coke Freestyle machines. Also planning on doing the same at Riviera resorts Primo Piatto since it looks closer and is open later for a much needed Dr. Pepper fix. 😆

So, I think by now, most of us heard about the skyliner issues right after opening, but without going through this entire thread...how often is it having issues that don't make the news? I rode it a few weeks ago and minus a few minor stops and delays, it was really efficient. My parents are at CBR right now and there were skyliner issues. I got a text from my dad after they were stopped midair for about 15 minutes. They started moving and then stopped again and were told it would be another 25 minute stop. They're now down safely and are back in their room, but it's been several hours and the skyliner is still down. On the positive side, Disney gave them free park tickets that will come in handy when they come to visit us at WDW during their passholder blockout period, but it still has me wondering how often the skyliner is glitching like this.

You are correct, Skyliner was stopped with passengers for 15-20 minutes today around 2:30pm from CBR to EPCOT. We were inline to get on to go to EPCOT and decided to take the skyliner to Hollywood Studios and walk over to EPCOT.
Nice of Disney to offer free tickets. The glitches are very concerning.

Sounds like a Disney Food Blog article. I wouldn't trust them to be correct on anything more than a cupcake frosting flavor.

You will have to transfer, despite their drivel

Sounds like a Disney Food Blog article. I wouldn't trust them to be correct on anything more than a cupcake frosting flavor.

You will have to transfer, despite their drivel

No it wasn’t them, it was some blog I never heard of. Came across it when I did a quick search for times for all of the legs of the SkyLiner. Other than that, it appeared to be a nice comprehensive post.

Like I said I was sure you had to transfer but it made me question it. When your start second guessing your second guessing, you know it’s time to step away from things for awhile. :rotfl:

Here now and loving the Skyliner (mostly). POP/AOA and DHS lines are great. Epcot line seems to always go through a couple of brief stops or inch-along bits, presumably because of ECVs at Riviera (?).

I've been given my own cabin all 3 times on POP line. Been put with 2 to 6 others on the other lines.

Got back from a trip last week. We could NOT have loved the Skyliner more. We found it so convenient/efficient to park hop from HS to Epcot. Add that it was my 20 month old's favorite ride. We are going back in July and actually switched from Wilderness (where we stayed on this most recent trip) to Riviera so we could be on the Skyliner. Would love to see it expanded.

High winds predicted for Central Fl today.
If I remember correctly it’s the first time for high wind warnings since the Skylight opened. It will be interesting to see if it shuts down early evening.
Gusts up to 40mph predicted
The severe storms aren’t until after midnight
Do they typically pull all the cabins off line and into storage at night?

Last edited:
High winds predicted for Central Fl today.
If I remember correctly it’s the first time for high wind warnings since the Skylight opened. It will be interesting to see if it shuts down early evening.
Gusts up to 40mph predicted
The severe storms aren’t until after midnight
Do they typically pull all the cabins off line and into storage at night?
No

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter