• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

So we have some permits that indicate work in the general area of the international gateway, for what is assumed to be a station. Whether confirmed or not.
We have rumors of stuff happening the England pavilion. We have rumors of things happening on the spine of Epcot. Also rumors of a resort expansion(or new resort) in that general area.
Has anyone seen anything permitting wise that would indicate concretely where the station would be? From that we might be able to speculate what other work may or may not make sense.

Just seems to me, if you are going through that work, it would make sense that the design works with near future projects. All the other stops seem to make sense, with the exception of the boardwalk parking lot....which we don't know if it's station where you can load/unload or just a turn.

Plus on this gondola we won't have to try to navigate it while partially inebriated AND wearing ski boots and lugging all our equipment with us. This will be a cake walk.
Working at a ski resort for many, many years. I developed a style of walking that helped me bob and weave to avoid being smacked by skis on shoulders etc. It was like being in a 3 stooges film.

I have found no evidence that they'll be serving alcohol on them either. Yes it's reliable technology.
Hope that covers most of it. ;)

THAT'S out of the blue.

Bah, snow sports enthusiasts have mastered this art for decades.

I know you are a fellow snow sporter - but in my experience as a skier I will never ever drink on the slopes. I did it once, and it is ridiculously dangerous. In my experience skiers/boarders will drink like fiends - but only AFTER the days activities.

THAT'S out of the blue.

I know you are a fellow snow sporter - but in my experience as a skier I will never ever drink on the slopes. I did it once, and it is ridiculously dangerous. In my experience skiers/boarders will drink like fiends - but only AFTER the days activities.

The shirt will fit better if you take the hanger out BEFORE you put it on ;)

THAT'S out of the blue.

I wasn't much for it, but the bars in the resort sold a steady stream of alcohol from 10:45am onward. Those folks hit the slopes. I'm not saying they were out of control drunk, but they did enjoy a drink or two. Our course the area is known as the Bad Liver Valley, so there is a bit of reputation there.

This comment makes me want to show up for the gondola in full gear. Shorts and a T-shirt - but then ski boots, gloves, helmet skis and poles. Wonder how they would respond. :woohoo:

I would consider it if I lived closer and could go on some random day in January when it was in the 40's and could easily get my stuff there. However, I do not feel the gag would be worth it to fly all my ski stuff from Michigan lol.

I would consider it if I lived closer and could go on some random day in January when it was in the 40's and could easily get my stuff there. However, I do not feel the gag would be worth it to fly all my ski stuff from Michigan lol.

And we get in trouble for talking about DVC and capacity.....

So we have some permits that indicate work in the general area of the international gateway, for what is assumed to be a station. Whether confirmed or not.
We have rumors of stuff happening the England pavilion. We have rumors of things happening on the spine of Epcot. Also rumors of a resort expansion(or new resort) in that general area.
Has anyone seen anything permitting wise that would indicate concretely where the station would be? From that we might be able to speculate what other work may or may not make sense.

Just seems to me, if you are going through that work, it would make sense that the design works with near future projects. All the other stops seem to make sense, with the exception of the boardwalk parking lot....which we don't know if it's station where you can load/unload or just a turn.

The IG station is in an area that wouldn't require a permit from the South Florida Water Management District and these are were we normally get diagrams from. With that said, the station will be somewhere in this location.

Capture.JPG

The IG station is in an area that wouldn't require a permit from the South Florida Water Management District and these are were we normally get diagrams from. With that said, the station will be somewhere in this location.

Yur the man on this stuff, been loving everything you have been posting !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter