Disney Quest

BATBkindagirl

#1 KEANE fan and YANKEES fan
We've never been there but are thinking about buying tickets there for July. We just came back yesterday from a 4 day trip (got AP) to the 4 parks and my mom can't take the heat anymore and neither can my sis so (even though we are going back in the end of June) in our trip in July we might not go to the parks and I suggested to my mom that we go to DQ. Is it worth it??

I read a description of all the rides and such @ allearsnet.com and it sounds like a great fun place.. plus CHEESECAKE FACTORY! YUMMY!

What are your comments on it? Thx

In Aug. 2003, DQ was a key part of our "beat the heat" strategy. We had the Park Hoppers, so there was no extra cost.

The individual tickets are steeply discounted at places like http://www.ticketmania.com/. We have our tickets already for our Oct. trip :goodvibes. It was cheaper to buy the individual tickets (low $20s) than to add the "plus" option to our park tickets.

DS (9) makes DQ a "must see" for us. DW and DD may opt out off DQ or just stay for a little while.

In 2003, our group had lunch together twice at DQ -- the price is more reasonable than other places and you're not likely to see a big line. Although, it isn't the Cheesecake Factory that you know and love -- they just supply the food. For the price, it's good stuff -- but it's not the full CF menu.

I was told that "locals" can storm the place on weekends and evenings. We experienced no problems in the weekday early afternoons. Hope that helps.

Goofy4 said:
In Aug. 2003, DQ was a key part of our "beat the heat" strategy. We had the Park Hoppers, so there was no extra cost.

The individual tickets are steeply discounted at places like http://www.ticketmania.com/. We have our tickets already for our Oct. trip :goodvibes. It was cheaper to buy the individual tickets (low $20s) than to add the "plus" option to our park tickets.

DS (9) makes DQ a "must see" for us. DW and DD may opt out off DQ or just stay for a little while.

In 2003, our group had lunch together twice at DQ -- the price is more reasonable than other places and you're not likely to see a big line. Although, it isn't the Cheesecake Factory that you know and love -- they just supply the food. For the price, it's good stuff -- but it's not the standard CF menu.

I was told that "locals" can storm the place on weekends and evenings. We experienced no problems in the weekday early afternoons. Hope that helps.

Oh okay.. thanks!:)

What about the fun-factor? I mean all the rides have that virtual essence to them.. is it enjoyable for everyone?

While grandma may enjoy the Cheesecake Factory factor, it is doubtful that she will enjoy much of the other offerings, unless she is into arcade games, Pac Man or virtual reality.

I took my parents to DQ and they loved it. My mom is in her 60's and dad is in his 70's. Mom's favorite was Mighty Duck pinball slam. Dad's favorite was Buzz lightyear bumpercars. They also enjoyed the Pirates of the Carribbean. Dad liked the skeeball, too. They really enjoyed the Quest Burgers, they had the cheesecake, but it was dry.

The "Grandma and Grandpa" (in their 70's) in our group may choose to go. They may find one or 2 of the muliplayer games interesting, but mostly they would be watching their grandchildren in a dry/cool environment (and maybe that would be good enough for them).

I think the place is a lot of fun. If I was still 14 -- all the better. The multi-player games are fun -- I just wish I could win once in a while pirate: .

My wife and I have been a couple of times and enjoyed it very much. It is a good break from the heat. You can even go, get stamped and leave and go shopping or get something to eat and return since it is open late. It has tons of games for the kids and the virtual reality stuff is fun. The build your own rollercoaster was cool but was so realistic it almost made my wife sick. We had a blast and we highly recommend trying it at least once.

Can I jump in to ask a ? too. Do they still have that area with the little cars underneath glass- and a spotter yells to you as you try to drive from a computer to complete a race. DH and I went years ago and had so much fun with this one attraction I am wondering if itis still there my kids would love it!

java said:
Can I jump in to ask a ? too. Do they still have that area with the little cars underneath glass- and a spotter yells to you as you try to drive from a computer to complete a race. DH and I went years ago and had so much fun with this one attraction I am wondering if itis still there my kids would love it!

The floor is still there, but the cars are no longer operational. Also, they just recently did some remodeling. The steps from there 011are gone to the 1st floor and it's a ramp.

BATBkindagirl said:
Do you have to be into virtual reality stuff to be INTO it and having fun? :P

As of Oct. 2003, no. The first day there, I didn't do any of the VR stuff.

The VR build-a-coaster is actually very real. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter