Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul looks like a pretty weak movie imo. In normal times don’t even know if I will go see it at the movies and I have regal unlimited. Disney probably making the right decision.

I dunno - Soul is directed by Pete Docter. His track record is superb - Monsters, Inc., Up, and Inside-Out. I trust him.

Last edited:
I dunno - Soul is directed by Pete Docter. His track record is superb - Monsters, Inc., Up, and Inside-Out. I trust him.

Not to mention Pixar is the WORST at marketing their movies through trailers and tv spots. I cant tell you how many times I’ve said “Looks like Pixar might have finally made a bad movie” after watching a trailer only to be once again blown away when I actually see the movie. Coco I remember had some very bad trailers.

Not to mention Pixar is the WORST at marketing their movies through trailers and tv spots. I cant tell you how many times I’ve said “Looks like Pixar might have finally made a bad movie” after watching a trailer only to be once again blown away when I actually see the movie. Coco I remember had some very bad trailers.

It's likely that Pixar doesn't cut the trailers at all. I think those marketing folks probably can't quite get a handle on the next-level thinking present in most Pixar films so it doesn't come through in the trailer. I thought Onward "looks like a DreamWorks movie" - but when I saw it it absolutely delivered those "Pixar Feels."

ETA: Lord, rereading that I made all kinds of errors. Corrected.

Last edited:

Soul looks like a pretty weak movie imo. In normal times don’t even know if I will go see it at the movies and I have regal unlimited. Disney probably making the right decision.
May be right decision, but I'm more likely to pay for "Soul" than for "Mulan".

Coco I remember had some very bad trailers.
I don't remember the trailers exactly, but I do recall thinking "WOW this movie is much better than I thought it was going to be." Which was probably due to lame trailers.

I don't remember the trailers exactly, but I do recall thinking "WOW this movie is much better than I thought it was going to be." Which was probably due to lame trailers.

wasn't Coco the one they put that Olaf's Frozen Adventure in front of because they thought it needed it as as draw ... and then it sort of backfired as people complained the short was too long and they just wanted to see the movie once word of mouth about how good it was got out?

wasn't Coco the one they put that Olaf's Frozen Adventure in front of because they thought it needed it as as draw ... and then it sort of backfired as people complained the short was too long and they just wanted to see the movie once word of mouth about how good it was got out?

That is correct. The "short" was originally to be a TV special. I had thought they did it because Coco ran too short, but it's almost 2 hours, so it made for an extra long theater experience.

Best I could see would be a trailer for Wandavision. Either a new one or the one that came out earlier this week. Don't see a new Black Widow trailer with it not coming out for another 8 months now and that's their next movie. Wandavision is the only upcoming Marvel thing to promote. Possibly some Falcon and Winter Soldier as well.

Best I could see would be a trailer for Wandavision. Either a new one or the one that came out earlier this week. Don't see a new Black Widow trailer with it not coming out for another 8 months now and that's their next movie. Wandavision is the only upcoming Marvel thing to promote. Possibly some Falcon and Winter Soldier as well.

In another thread, the two other options I could think of were the very unlikely promotion of Helstorm, which drops on Hulu 10/16 or the much more likely tribute to Black Panter/Chadwick Boseman.

In another thread, the two other options I could think of were the very unlikely promotion of Helstorm, which drops on Hulu 10/16 or the much more likely tribute to Black Panter/Chadwick Boseman.
I could see either of these. Didn't even think of a Chadwick Boseman tribute and i honestly keep forgetting about Helstrom. Rereading the tweet though it could just be some "fun" graphics thing with changing players into heroes during their intros, not some mini marvel panel thing. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see promotion of their upcoming projects during the commercial breaks though since they are involved.

A couple of movies came out we want to watch so it will be a movie weekend for us. Tonight will be 'Secret Society of Second-Born Royals' and 'Hidden Figures' tomorrow night!! Time to go to our local theatre and pick up some popcorn popcorn:: popcorn:: Also want to watch the new Animal Kingdom series!

A couple of movies came out we want to watch so it will be a movie weekend for us. Tonight will be 'Secret Society of Second-Born Royals' and 'Hidden Figures' tomorrow night!! Time to go to our local theatre and pick up some popcorn popcorn:: popcorn:: Also want to watch the new Animal Kingdom series!

"Hidden Figures" is one of fave movies of the last 5-10 years--- think my kids might have memorized all of the lines ! Entire cast is outstanding ! Still pissed that Costner did not get an Academy Award nom for his performance -

In other news, if I feel like a good cry tonight, might watch "A Fault in Our Stars" for the 100th time !

"AK" series so good !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!