Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the three year plan too. Honestly, I'd be happy with it even if it had no originals - the back catalog is enough for me. The originals are just an extra perk.

Before Mulan, I dont think I’ve watched anything on Disney+ since Hamilton, and because I got the 3 year D23 pass, I’ve already gotten my money’s worth prior to then. All of the MCU shows that have been announced, Obi Wan, Mandalorian S3, and the Cassian Andor series will all be on the platform before the 3 years are up. I’m hoping (if it occurs) that they’ll have another offering at D23 next year, even if it’s twice the price, but I doubt it

Does not look good, at all. I’m worried. But there are parts of the trailer that give me hope.

Really?

I'm super-psyched for this show!
It looks different, weird and not at all the direction I expected a Disney + show to take. I expected a formulaic super-hero/comic book show, not the trailer we just got! :D

for those interested, this video has a good breakdown of a lot of the Easter Eggs and other characters int he WandaVision trailer:

He’s always good with breakdowns. New Rockstars does a great job with the trailer breakdowns too, but usually takes a couple days

Before Mulan, I dont think I’ve watched anything on Disney+ since Hamilton, and because I got the 3 year D23 pass, I’ve already gotten my money’s worth prior to then. All of the MCU shows that have been announced, Obi Wan, Mandalorian S3, and the Cassian Andor series will all be on the platform before the 3 years are up. I’m hoping (if it occurs) that they’ll have another offering at D23 next year, even if it’s twice the price, but I doubt it

I mainline the classic stuff. I've already watched enough entire series to get my money's worth - The Disney Afternoon alone has provided many hours of value! For me, there's always going to be something to watch on there.

Really?

I'm super-psyched for this show!
It looks different, weird and not at all the direction I expected a Disney + show to take. I expected a formulaic super-hero/comic book show, not the trailer we just got! :D

I knew it would be a bonkers show from the moment it was announced and speculated what source material they’d be basing it on. The trailer just didnt do it for me. House of M is one of my favorite comic book arc’s so my criticism of the trailer might come from the high standards I have. But as long as they get from point A to point B where the show doesn’t seem convoluted and rushed at the end, it’ll work for me. There’s just a lot to unpack from the small amount of footage in the trailer, and it looks like a lot for a 6-8 episode season/series. My impression is also that, like Mandalorian, these are going to be ~30 min episodes. If there are 6-8 45-50 min episodes, I’ll feel a lot better about them pulling it off. But this series, and even Loki are supposed to have major implications on the future of the MCU, so a lot more rides on this series than something like Falcon and the Winter Solider

I knew it would be a bonkers show from the moment it was announced and speculated what source material they’d be basing it on. The trailer just didnt do it for me. House of M is one of my favorite comic book arc’s so my criticism of the trailer might come from the high standards I have. But as long as they get from point A to point B where the show doesn’t seem convoluted and rushed at the end, it’ll work for me. There’s just a lot to unpack from the small amount of footage in the trailer, and it looks like a lot for a 6-8 episode season/series. My impression is also that, like Mandalorian, these are going to be ~30 min episodes. If there are 6-8 45-50 min episodes, I’ll feel a lot better about them pulling it off. But this series, and even Loki are supposed to have major implications on the future of the MCU, so a lot more rides on this series than something like Falcon and the Winter Solider

This isn't really based on House of M though - I think it's more from the old Avengers West Coast stuff with Wanda's kids.

I mainline the classic stuff. I've already watched enough entire series to get my money's worth - The Disney Afternoon alone has provided many hours of value! For me, there's always going to be something to watch on there.

Absolutely. I still havent finished Imagineering Story, and havent even started One Day at Disney because in my mind, as long I havent finished them, they wont end lol. I’m looking forward to the Animal Kingdom doc that comes out I think this weekend. And then all the back catalog stuff is there for me when I want to watch it rather than sift through my blu ray’s. Ive watched TaleSpin and the 1990s Spider-Man animated series 2 or 3 times over. I’ve definitely watched my fair share of content on the platform

This isn't really based on House of M though - I think it's more from the old Avengers West Coast stuff with Wanda's kids.

There are touches of a lot of comic runs that will probably be adapted, just like many of the movies arent just based on a single comic run, but the over-arching story of the series is going to rely on House of M where Wanda becomes a much bigger character in the marvel universe. The 50s/60s/70s family stuff is Tom King’s Vision to a T

There are touches of a lot of comic runs that will probably be adapted, just like many of the movies arent just based on a single comic run, but the over-arching story of the series is going to rely on House of M where Wanda becomes a much bigger character in the marvel universe. The 50s/60s/70s family stuff is Tom King’s Vision to a T

True, they alwyas heavily change things for the MCU. I just don't see much House of M in it - hard to have that without the X-Men (though in my view not having the X-Men is the best thing about the MCU). There are devinitely touches of that Vision run there, though that itself was a bit based on the previous "domestic bliss" situation form AWC. I'd like to see Simon Williams in the MCU!

This is why I’m so excited. It looks like they’re really leaning into the vibe Tom King’s Vision, which is probably my favorite comic run of the last 10 years.

This is why I’m so excited. It looks like they’re really leaning into the vibe Tom King’s Vision, which is probably my favorite comic run of the last 10 years.

I didn't read it, though I can't say I am a fan of Tom King's DC work. I wouldn't pick something up based on him being the writer that's for sure.

True, they alwyas heavily change things for the MCU. I just don't see much House of M in it - hard to have that without the X-Men (though in my view not having the X-Men is the best thing about the MCU). There are devinitely touches of that Vision run there, though that itself was a bit based on the previous "domestic bliss" situation form AWC. I'd like to see Simon Williams in the MCU!

We’ve seen many adaptations in the MCU have had X-Men and FF involved in the comics but weren’t used in the movies. IMO it hurt Civil War, and that movie should have been a 2 parter in the first place, but I digress. Possible Spoilers incoming
The House of M storyline is basically Wanda (and Charles) creating essentially an alternate universe with her mind where mutants are accepted by the world. While they’re not going to be a page by page iteration, it’s going to be the gist of the plot of the comic. Now while I don’t believe you’ll see Professor X, or Magneto, or any of the major X-Men in this show, I’m almost willing to bet that the existence of Mutants are established as the cliff hanger of episode 1 like they did with The Child in episode 1 of Mandalorian. Wiccan and Speed have basically been confirmed to be featured in some capacity, as Wanda and Visions children as they are in the comics, and I think Peitro Maximoff will be back for at least 1 episode. My prediction is by the season/series finale (not sure if this is meant to be a continuing series), the X-Men will at the very least be mentioned by name

We’ve seen many adaptations in the MCU have had X-Men and FF involved in the comics but weren’t used in the movies. IMO it hurt Civil War, and that movie should have been a 2 parter in the first place, but I digress. Possible Spoilers incoming
The House of M storyline is basically Wanda (and Charles) creating essentially an alternate universe with her mind where mutants are accepted by the world. While they’re not going to be a page by page iteration, it’s going to be the gist of the plot of the comic. Now while I don’t believe you’ll see Professor X, or Magneto, or any of the major X-Men in this show, I’m almost willing to bet that the existence of Mutants are established as the cliff hanger of episode 1 like they did with The Child in episode 1 of Mandalorian. Wiccan and Speed have basically been confirmed to be featured in some capacity, as Wanda and Visions children as they are in the comics, and I think Peitro Maximoff will be back for at least 1 episode. My prediction is by the season/series finale (not sure if this is meant to be a continuing series), the X-Men will at the very least be mentioned by name

I am familiar with House of M, but without mutants I just don't see how it is relevant to the MCU. I don't think they will establish Wanda as a mutant and will likely just continue with her gaining her powers from the Infinity Stones. It's better to not complicate the backstory anyway - save that stuff for the comics.

Yeah not sure that’s accurate. It would be strange for Disney to release two major shows on the same day.

Would make more sense to do what CBS is doing to finish up one show and then start the next show a week later (one week delay between star trek lower decks and start trek discovery). That just seems more likely.

I am familiar with House of M, but without mutants I just don't see how it is relevant to the MCU. I don't think they will establish Wanda as a mutant and will likely just continue with her gaining her powers from the Infinity Stones. It's better to not complicate the backstory anyway - save that stuff for the comics.
I think it will be more inspired by than adapting House of M. IT will likely involve her messing with reality to try to get a perfect life and having a breakdown from there like the comic just not a focus on mutants/x-men. But the overall idea of that story will likely be used in this show

I think it will be more inspired by than adapting House of M. IT will likely involve her messing with reality to try to get a perfect life and having a breakdown from there like the comic just not a focus on mutants/x-men. But the overall idea of that story will likely be used in this show

I just don't see it. I think it will be more based on the years where she had her "children" with Vision before he was destroyed and rebuilt as an emotionless robot.

Will watch Wandavision. It's just good to see anything Marvel again. But I still want Falcon and Winter Soldier. The next commercial showed it. So hope springs eternal. Oh and more Mandalorian. So glad to see that as well

4 weeks of overlap between Mando/Wandavision. That would mean if there’s 6 episodes of Wandavision it would end on New Year’s Day, But I believe they extended it to 8 episodes, so January 15th. Still 4 months of continuous subscriptions from a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter