Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really good one day at Disney shorts this week imo. Too many shows are about famous people. Wish they would have more shorts like this instead of focusing on famous people or imagineers or drawers. Maybe that’s what they thought people want to see. Maybe I’m in the minority.
That was my biggest complaint about the book too. It’s fun to see the higher ups, but I was really looking forward to a project celebrating the everyday folks. I’m looking forward to catching this week’s short!

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the "live action" Robin Hood. It obviously isn't going to look like Lion King. Maybe more like Zootopia where they animals are realistic but still cartoony.

I wish they made a "mini-queue" so you could add all of those short features and have them autoplay, one right after the other.

I just watched A Wrinkle in Time and I expected to hate it but really enjoyed it. I happened to have the pleasure of meeting L’Engle when I was a child. I have to say that it was different than what I envisioned it looking like but still a solid movie. I'm a Star Wars/Super Hero nut, so I like my speedy pacing, but I loved the visual style of this one. Refreshing.

As a secondary wish, it would be amazing if they had a curated queue for each category in the app. Perhaps like a "network channel" of Disney goodness that selects from the whole catalog on D+.

I'm not quite understanding the live action remake of Disney's RobinHood. Disney made RobinHood different by turning it into a cartoon with animals. Won't this just turn it into every other RobinHood out there? I'm guessing while wearing animal outfits? I don't know about this one. Not saying it won't be bad or anything tho. Just seems odd.

I'm not quite understanding the live action remake of Disney's RobinHood. Disney made RobinHood different by turning it into a cartoon with animals. Won't this just turn it into every other RobinHood out there? I'm guessing while wearing animal outfits? I don't know about this one. Not saying it won't be bad or anything tho. Just seems odd.
I believe there are going for a remake similar to what they did for The Lion King (2019).

Maybe it will be directed by the guy who did Cats! 😂

I believe there are going for a remake similar to what they did for The Lion King (2019).

Still seems bizarre. All of the animals in Lion King still did animal type stuff throughout the animated version, so it kind of tracks to make a version of realistic looking animals doing animal type stuff.

But can't imagine the realistic looking Simba standing up on his hind legs and shooting a bow.

This one will be interesting to see what they do.

Still seems bizarre. All of the animals in Lion King still did animal type stuff throughout the animated version, so it kind of tracks to make a version of realistic looking animals doing animal type stuff.

But can't imagine the realistic looking Simba standing up on his hind legs and shooting a bow.

This one will be interesting to see what they do.

Agreed... I mean are they going to make them emotionless AND wearing clothes?

Anyone else annoyed by the lack of plot in season 7 of CW? If there was going to be a full season I’d be fine with it, but with only 12 episodes I feel like almost all of it could’ve been cut out as they really don’t bridge the gap much between CW and Ep III. I got annoyed that
the Bad Batch troopers took so much screen time away from clones we already know, plus they just got annoying after two episodes, and that so much time was spent on Ahsoka and the sisters with so little happening. A whole episode to not escape from jail? I’d rather have seen character development from Ahsoka. Plus wekve hardly seen Anakin and Obi-Wan, two of the three main characters!
It probably doesn’t help that I bingewatched season 6 over two days and started season 7 the next day...season 6 really moves things forward. Maybe bingewatching season 7 was a bad idea too...but I was really excited for more CW episodes and kept thinking they’d get better. :) Now I need something else to watch after work though! It took me three months to get through all the episodes. I’m hopeful for the last four. Seems like that’ll probably be a four episode arc as well, and an important one finally. They really should just finish up everything that was planned for CW when Disney bought Lucasfilm...

I think the final arc will make up for the seeming lack of progression. It is the planned final and will tie in with episode 3 too. I haven't loved the first two arc but Ahsoka's really grew on me by the end. I do think they both serve their purpose though. Ahsoka's arc allowed us to see the general public view of the jedi and how sentiment could change so easily with the empire towards them. It also gave progression to Ahsoka with her hearing these stories and her connection with the sister that pushed her to get involved again and go with Bo whereas before she probably would have just continued on keeping to herself. Plus I do like how this arc did overall tie into the final arc as well with Pykes working for Maul and Bo and the Nite Owls showing up.
The Bad Batch didn't give us a lot of focus on established characters but Rex was pretty much the main character of the arc. I think this was the primary reason for it's inclusion. Him and Ahsoka be working together and have a large focus in the Siege of Mandalore so these tow arcs gave focus and development for them.
This is why I really wish this season had been 16 episodes and they animated the Son of Dathomir arcs. Maul is the main villain for the villain and obviously a big character for the series. I'm glad we have the comic but it'd be much better to see it actually animated. Plus people that only watch the show and don't read the comic, or don't know about it, will likely be confused as to how he went from being a prisoner of the Emperor to running a syndicate on Mandalore again. Plus this would have made the first 3 arcs focus each on Maul, Rex, and Ahsoka before they all came together for the finale.

Anyone else annoyed by the lack of plot in season 7 of CW? If there was going to be a full season I’d be fine with it, but with only 12 episodes I feel like almost all of it could’ve been cut out as they really don’t bridge the gap much between CW and Ep III. I got annoyed that
the Bad Batch troopers took so much screen time away from clones we already know, plus they just got annoying after two episodes, and that so much time was spent on Ahsoka and the sisters with so little happening. A whole episode to not escape from jail? I’d rather have seen character development from Ahsoka. Plus wekve hardly seen Anakin and Obi-Wan, two of the three main characters!
It probably doesn’t help that I bingewatched season 6 over two days and started season 7 the next day...season 6 really moves things forward. Maybe bingewatching season 7 was a bad idea too...but I was really excited for more CW episodes and kept thinking they’d get better. :) Now I need something else to watch after work though! It took me three months to get through all the episodes. I’m hopeful for the last four. Seems like that’ll probably be a four episode arc as well, and an important one finally. They really should just finish up everything that was planned for CW when Disney bought Lucasfilm...

I agree - I mean, it has been fine,
but the bad Batch stuff seems like a side story they just felt like finally producing ... not sure how much it really needed to be made (guess it advances Rex's storyline/evolution a bit). The ones with the sisters are ok as far as showing Ahsoka more about how the Jedi aren't all waht they portray themselves to be (or at least how segments of the galaxy see them differently and kinda build on her questioning the order, but also how their main tenants are valuable and just, but aren't being followed with the war).

BUT that could have been like 1 episode, not 4!

I'd rather take away time from what has been shown so far to add more to what appears to take place in the last 4

Agree with all of the above. I think Bad Batch should’ve been a two episode story, Ahsoka and the sisters two episodes, Anakin and Obi-Wan for two episodes, and the four episode siege arc. Even Season 6 didn’t have much of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Or even better, a full season and explain Maul too. I mean, anyone who has seen Solo knows Palpatine didn’t kill him...but these episodes are much closer in time to him being taken prisoner than Solo was and it wasn’t explained, so now I have to read a summary of the comics to understand the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter