Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney did buy Hulu a while ago, so two possibilities.

1) The advertisement was for the Disney+ bundle (which includes Hulu & ESPN+

2) Disney was originally going to move Malcom in the Middle over to Disney+ but have decided against doing so. Probably becomes it’s to “mature.” The upcoming tv show based off of Love, Simon was originally going to be on Disney+ But has been moved to Hulu die to it’s “mature” content. The Lizzie McGuire sequel’s production is currently halted for the same reason.
1) No. It was clearly promoted for D+ specifically. It's easy to confirm via internet search, or just go to the first post of this thread!
2) Maybe. It seems they could have figured that out before promoting it to potential buyers. Also, Malcolm is generally rated similarly to The Simpsons.

i see why some might not love it, but I did. One of my favorite Pixar movies out there. Not quite Up, Toy Story, or Inside Out, but just below those with Monsters Inc and Wall-E. It’s the best Disney or Pixar movie I’ve seen since Moana.

I was itching to see it again and I’m so glad I can now.
I know everything is subjective, but how can Wall-E be in anyone’s second tier of Pixar movies? It is arguably the best Pixar movie ever made. It is either Wall-E or the first Toy Story.

I know everything is subjective, but how can Wall-E be in anyone’s second tier of Pixar movies? It is arguably the best Pixar movie ever made. It is either Wall-E or the first Toy Story.
Because people don't look at movies as "film" like the Academy. Wouldn't make my top 3-5 if we're talking about movies I like and can rewatch without a thought. That said, my #1 isn't one I like to rewatch all too often, but it is simply the best one in my mind, Up.

that’s also what happened to High Fidelity, which was developed for Disney+ but premiered on Hulu. It seems, right now, Disney is keeping Disney+ to strictly family friendly material UNLESS it’s super popular in which case it doesn’t matter? Marvel, Star Wars, and the Simpsons all contain material similar to what has moved other programs off of the service, but they’re huge draws so Disney seems okay with it. I’m not sure Malcom in the Middle would be a big enough draw that they’d make an exception for it.

I think it's not so much a case of the material but rather of tone - Marvel & Star Wars fall pretty squarely into the family entertainment area with somewhat blunted, "cartoony" violence. Marvel and The Simpsons have minor foul language, but not the major ones. Largely these movies have been deemed acceptable as family entertainment despite PG-13 ratings.

I heard about the new Nature film but It's now just hitting me since it's April that it's their yearly addition to that series. I love seeing them in the theater honestly but alas.

As much as we'd all have liked it to release straight to Disney+ .. this is probably best (for Disney). This movie seems to be MCU "filler" anyway, so no harm in just delaying it until later in the year (not continuing the storyline after Endgame). And shifting back the entire MCU lineup probably will have to happen anyway since filming/production has stopped on a ton of movies. Everything will be set back .

REally surprised they aren't doing the direct to streaming thing for Mulan though. It's another live-action remake that is dipping into the fringes of Disney's 90s golden age cartoons. I guess they expect it to be a big hit? (I mean Lion King and Aladdin were.. which was surprising to me)

As much as we'd all have liked it to release straight to Disney+ .. this is probably best (for Disney). This movie seems to be MCU "filler" anyway, so no harm in just delaying it until later in the year (not continuing the storyline after Endgame). And shifting back the entire MCU lineup probably will have to happen anyway since filming/production has stopped on a ton of movies. Everything will be set back .

REally surprised they aren't doing the direct to streaming thing for Mulan though. It's another live-action remake that is dipping into the fringes of Disney's 90s golden age cartoons. I guess they expect it to be a big hit? (I mean Lion King and Aladdin were.. which was surprising to me)
Disney would lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars if they put a movie like Mulan straight on Disney+ or digital.

Yes they definitely want this one to make money and I believe it was tracking well in some areas.

Yes they definitely want this one to make money and I believe it was tracking well in some areas.
I think Mulan will do really well. I happened to see it after the Shareholder's meeting in Raleigh last month. I think we may have ended up being the only public viewing (after the Premier) before most things started going on lock down. I really enjoyed Mulan. I think it is the one live action remake that I have enjoyed the most.

I was seeing some reviewers speculating it would be the first "big" movie of the year, since January and February is usually when studios release the films they expect to under-perform. Kind of wild to think we won't have a big event movie in theaters until the year is already half over.

Because people don't look at movies as "film" like the Academy. Wouldn't make my top 3-5 if we're talking about movies I like and can rewatch without a thought. That said, my #1 isn't one I like to rewatch all too often, but it is simply the best one in my mind, Up.
I don’t look at movies like critics. I just think it is that good. Up would probably come in third on my list. An outstanding film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter