Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw Cruella last night and really enjoyed it. Everyone there seemed to enjoy it as well, but the one child in the theatre did seem to get pretty restless by the end. It's not really made with kids in mind. My family are the big Disney people and I will say that I think I did enjoy it much more than my DH but he said he liked it as well.
It does drag a little at a couple spots through the movie but overall was a great film.

We saw Cruella last night and really enjoyed it. Everyone there seemed to enjoy it as well, but the one child in the theatre did seem to get pretty restless by the end. It's not really made with kids in mind. My family are the big Disney people and I will say that I think I did enjoy it much more than my DH but he said he liked it as well.
It does drag a little at a couple spots through the movie but overall was a great film.

nice got tickets to see it on Sunday. Going to be nice not having to wear a mask.

John Campea said he heard that cruella is not doing good on Disney plus. No surprise there. I liked the movie but didn’t expect it to do good on Disney plus premier access. I only paid for mulan and won’t pay for another one as we can now watch movies at the theater with no mask on.

John Campea said he heard that cruella is not doing good on Disney plus. No surprise there. I liked the movie but didn’t expect it to do good on Disney plus premier access. I only paid for mulan and won’t pay for another one as we can now watch movies at the theater with no mask on.
We were excited to see Cruella for our first visit to a movie theater since the pandemic began. Five of us went, and after various discounts on tickets and snacks it was only about $50. Much better than $40 to stream it on the small screen.

$50 is crazy cheap for a family of 5 at the theatre. I think my DH and I would likely spend about that much between the two of us normally. We do the AMC A-List though so tickets are covered only have to pay for concessions so like $6-$12 if we get stuff.
In general, I feel the premier access is decent for a big family, but for a couple or individual it's just not worth it. Wait a few months and it will be on there for free, and if 3 or fewer people can go to the movies for same price or less and get the full theatre experience with big screen and sound. The only perk of the Disney+ would be repeat viewings at release.

$50 is crazy cheap for a family of 5 at the theatre. I think my DH and I would likely spend about that much between the two of us normally. We do the AMC A-List though so tickets are covered only have to pay for concessions so like $6-$12 if we get stuff.
In general, I feel the premier access is decent for a big family, but for a couple or individual it's just not worth it. Wait a few months and it will be on there for free, and if 3 or fewer people can go to the movies for same price or less and get the full theatre experience with big screen and sound. The only perk of the Disney+ would be repeat viewings at release.
We used to go matinee to our small locally owned theater for $6 each. So $12 for the 2 of us. I'm probably never going to be dropping $50 and up for a movie. Anywhere.

We used to go matinee to our small locally owned theater for $6 each. So $12 for the 2 of us. I'm probably never going to be dropping $50 and up for a movie. Anywhere.
yea movies have gotten so expensive for costs. We just pay $20 for the month to see as many as we want, and we usually do Dolby or Imax theatres so the standard price of tickets would be about $18 a piece. That's where I got the almost $50 for the two of us, $36 for tickets and ~$14 for concessions. But since we don't have to worry about the ticket cost and don't usually get concessions except on select visits we don't pay nearly anywhere close to that. We've gone to about a dozen movies in the past few months so we're really averaging about $5 a ticket really.

Not to threadjack, but we went to see "A Quiet Place 2" in the theatre Sunday-- was our first time back in the theatre since "Onward", which was basically right before everything was shut down-

It was so nice living again !!!

Not to threadjack, but we went to see "A Quiet Place 2" in the theatre Sunday-- was our first time back in the theatre since "Onward", which was basically right before everything was shut down-

It was so nice living again !!!

Onward was the last movie I saw pre-pandemic too. Since then I have only gone once, to see Raya and the Last Dragon. I won't hesitate to return when they actually put some movies I want to see out.

Last edited:
yea movies have gotten so expensive for costs. We just pay $20 for the month to see as many as we want, and we usually do Dolby or Imax theatres so the standard price of tickets would be about $18 a piece. That's where I got the almost $50 for the two of us, $36 for tickets and ~$14 for concessions. But since we don't have to worry about the ticket cost and don't usually get concessions except on select visits we don't pay nearly anywhere close to that. We've gone to about a dozen movies in the past few months so we're really averaging about $5 a ticket really.
Ah, that makes sense for you. We go to maybe a couple movies a year. That would never work for us.

They are comparing it to what Mulan did its opening weekend on D+ but Mulan did not have a theater release. Mulan supposedly did $33 million it’s opening weekend on D+ and Cruella supposedly did $20 million. Cruella also had $27 million in box office though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter