Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumors are starting to buzz that the D+ Star Wars 'Rangers of the New Republic' series has been shelved, based on a quick blurb in the following from Variety ...

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/st...iloni-lucasfilm-creative-director-1234978130/
A third announced spinoff, “Rangers of the New Republic,” is not currently in active development

It's not surprising as the rumor was that Cara Dune (Gina Carano) was supposed to be a main character, and she got the boot from Disney. There was then talk that they may bring in a live action Hera Syndulla instead. I think the planned show may not be gone forever but that Lucasfilm may have halted development as they currently don't have solid idea to move forward into production

Rumors are starting to buzz that the D+ Star Wars 'Rangers of the New Republic' series has been shelved, based on a quick blurb in the following from Variety ...

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/st...iloni-lucasfilm-creative-director-1234978130/
A third announced spinoff, “Rangers of the New Republic,” is not currently in active development

It's not surprising as the rumor was that Cara Dune (Gina Carano) was supposed to be a main character, and she got the boot from Disney. There was then talk that they may bring in a live action Hera Syndulla instead. I think the planned show may not be gone forever but that Lucasfilm may have halted development as they currently don't have solid idea to move forward into production

They should just give it to Paul Sun-Hyung Lee - Kim's Convenience is ending anyway.

I'm not surprised the price increases are coming and we all know that would happen ... the issue is I believe a lot of it is to subsidize ESPN+ and their sports broadcasting fees. The same things happens with cable TV providers where you can't opt out of the sports programming due to contracts and they spread the pain of the increasing fees across all customers.

For Disney, if you want a Hulu bundle you have to also pay for ESPN+ ... it's not a nice little addon bonus to get ESPN free ... it's hidden in the price increases

I'm not surprised the price increases are coming and we all know that would happen ... the issue is I believe a lot of it is to subsidize ESPN+ and their sports broadcasting fees. The same things happens with cable TV providers where you can't opt out of the sports programming due to contracts and they spread the pain of the increasing fees across all customers.

For Disney, if you want a Hulu bundle you have to also pay for ESPN+ ... it's not a nice little addon bonus to get ESPN free ... it's hidden in the price increases

In the far future, D+ increases might help offset E+ but no way that's happening now. D+ needs all the cash it can get to fund new productions to keep up with the Netflix's of the world.

or they may want to introduce somebody new in say mando season 3 to then take over the lead spot in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter