Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a ton of characters to choose from. Over 10,000 of them. Heck the Guardians were nobodies before they were introduced and they found a way to make them cool. You still have all the fox characters to choose from as well now. Also we will see a lot more villain shows as well. Then most of these shows will probably have a season 2 as well. They will be ok for a while I believe

Thats why I said it could get over saturated. X-Men are fine. They’re integral to many big storylines in the comics. But just because you have 10,000 possible characters doesn’t mean you should give them all shows. As I said, is Ironheart necessary? I love the character of Kamala Khan, but I don’t even think she needs a show. Same for Hawkeye, and even Armor Wars. Don’t get me wrong, I will watch all of them. But I don’t think we need a Young Avengers, I don’t think we need to see an expansion of what we saw in Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron with Rhodes getting a show. Give me shows that expand the universe, but also keep it tight too. Secret Invasion is an example of something that makes perfect sense. And Moon Knight will likely be very loosely connected to the overall story.

Just seen safety. Pretty good movie. I was on vacation when it came out. If you haven’t seen it check it out.

Soul is down to 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Which makes it a terrible Pixar movie

Sometimes you gotta wonder what some critics are thinking. I mean, I can understand not thinking Soul is a great movie, but think it is a bad one? I mean, I haven't seen it, but I doubt that! I think some of them jsut love to be contrarian.

Last edited:
Sometimes you gota wonder what soem critics are thinking. I mean, I can understand not thinking Soul is a great movie, but think it is a bad one? I mean, I haven't seen it, but I doubt that! I think some of them jsut love to be contrarian.

A lot of the times they don’t like the genre or studio in which the movie comes from, but it’s a payday, so they take it even if they know going into the movie they’re not going to like it. You see these outlier reviews more from newspaper journalists than freelancers

A lot of the times they don’t like the genre or studio in which the movie comes from, but it’s a payday, so they take it even if they know going into the movie they’re not going to like it. You see these outlier reviews more from newspaper journalists than freelancers

See, I've never understood that either. As a critic you should put yourself in the audience's shoes. I used to do some write ups on video games - not really reviews, more impressions from a trade show - but in some cases I might have been playing a game that was for a younger audience and while I wouldn't buy it for myself, I could recognize that it was good for the target market. To me, that's the critic's job.

Sometimes you gotta wonder what some critics are thinking. I mean, I can understand not thinking Soul is a great movie, but think it is a bad one? I mean, I haven't seen it, but I doubt that! I think some of them jsut love to be contrarian.
A lot of it comes down to visibility. If everybody loves a film, the few negative reviews will get more eyes on them than individual positive reviews. It’s more advertising themselves than anything.

That's why when I look at reviews i don't pay attention to the score but look at what they said they liked or didn't like about it specifically

I never look at the reviews. I watch what I want to watch.
This is me exactly. Most of my favorite movies are ones that were absolutely destroyed by critics and most movies that get amazing reviews don’t hold my interest for more than a few minutes. I can’t remember the last time I watched more than 1-2 “Best Picture” nominees in a year because while they’re reviewed to be great they don’t interest me at all. But if a movie like RV comes on, I’ll watch it every time.
Soul looks amazing just like every other Pixar movie and I can’t wait to watch it this weekend!

I have certain reviewers that are personal go-to’s, especially with new releases due to them having very similar tastes in movies as I do. 9 times out of 10 if I really want to see a movie, I’m seeing it regardless of the reviews. But something like Tenant which I probably would have seen had it not been for the pandemic was something I skipped out on seeing my last day at Disney, or drive an hour to Connecticut when I got home and it was because the reviews from people I trust didn’t sway me enough to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter