Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they eventually add Once Upon a Time in Wonderland as well. Enjoyed it a lot but it gets forgotten so much. Was never added to Netflix and didn't get a dvd/Bluray release. I know ratings weren't as strong as the core series but it did turn out well.

Maybe I was wrong all along. If it did well, it’ll be the first thing talked about in the Q4 call. It’s bittersweet. I want it to do well because I truly did enjoy the movie. But if it does well, we’ll definitely see more premier access releases over theatrical, and I’m definitely not a fan of that possibility. Mulan is one thing. Soul, that would be teetering on the edge. Black Widow? Full blown furious.
I'm not enthused about it but I'm fine with it overall. If it can't go to theatres its a fine alternative, especially if they keep the 3 month window for free access. That's comparable to theatre to video release, and even then probably getting it to free access sooner on top of that. I prefer theatrical release as it's included with my A-List pass but if it's a matter of a few months delay I'd take it on Disney+. At least get to watch it finally.

Screenrant more closely mimics the actual numbers thought to watch it the 1st weekend...there are tons of articles about the analytic comparison of Mulan vs Scoob vs Trolls for downloads...the reason Yahoo got published was probably to change the stock trajectory after yesterday's theme parks news and it temporarily worked...

And everyone knows, if Mulan beat Trolls and broke the OW download revenue record, everyone would know...so it's definitely under Trolls...

finance.yahoo.com
Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Rich Greenfield, LightShed
@RichLightShed

7 Park data is useless -- talk to @AntennaData -- no way 9 mm bought Mulan -- appears to have underperformed Scoob let alone Trolls cc: @rameeztase

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
@RichLightShed

Looks like Mulan's Premier Access run is just about over -- down to #20 on @disneyplus - great learning experience but very tough business model to execute 3.5 mm units appears overly generous $DIS

5FL-xqD2_normal.jpg

We suspect Mulan is headed for under 3.5 million units in the US, or sub-$100 million of revenue to Disney — likely below Trolls (despite benefiting from higher price point). $DIS @DisneysMulan https://lightshedtmt.com/2020/09/14...greater-than-disney-warner-studios-combined/…
10:13 PM · Sep 15, 2020

AKA - it was a disaster financially...at least a $100M loser vs its budget since its WW theatrical run was tragic...Tenet will be the much better release financially at the same budget...
But you also have to remember when Trolls was released a deal was cut with theaters to share some of the revenue from streaming. Disney doesn’t have to share anything from what they’ve earned for Mulan. Plus, renting Mulan required signing up for Disney+ first and purchasing the premiere access. I would also guarantee some who signed up for the service for the first time in order to watch Mulan opted for a longer term deal so they will be customers for 6-12 months for Disney.

Most streaming services don't release numbers and so Ii doubt we'll see it for this either. We'll get general revenue numbers in the earnings call I'm sure but not the real specific numbers many people want (and that we are used to getting for the box office)

Never the actual numbers. But when Netflix has a popular show, they let you know. Disney has done it with Mando and Hamilton too

Im not familiar with her previous work, I haven’t watched Perry Mason yet, but given the excitement level for her, I’m happy. Still part of me wishes it was Allison Brie

based on her work in orphan black I'm very excited. That was a very tough role (she actually played 5 different characters) and she pulled it off. If you are not familiar with her, check out Orphan Black (and it's also an amazing series in its own right). She won an emmy for lead actress in a drama series in 2016 for Orphan Black and got nominated two other years. That is how good she is.

Im not familiar with her previous work, I haven’t watched Perry Mason yet, but given the excitement level for her, I’m happy. Still part of me wishes it was Allison Brie

She was incredible in Orphan Black. Perry Mason was also very good. Highly recommend both.

I hope they eventually add Once Upon a Time in Wonderland as well. Enjoyed it a lot but it gets forgotten so much. Was never added to Netflix and didn't get a dvd/Bluray release. I know ratings weren't as strong as the core series but it did turn out well.

I really enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Didn't enjoy how they tried to shoehorn the Knave into the main show and had him weirdly dating Belle after having gone to great lengths to get back with the Queen of Hearts.

I really enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Didn't enjoy how they tried to shoehorn the Knave into the main show and had him weirdly dating Belle after having gone to great lengths to get back with the Queen of Hearts.
Yea was really awkward and seemed to completely contradict his character development in Wonderland. Liked the character overall so was initially happy he was coming in to the main series and hoped Anastasia would as well to find out what happened to them after since a second season wasn't in the cards, but was very disappointed with how he was handled.

I’m suuuper excited for WandaVision!

also, I read that there’s some internet rumor Pedro Pascal left halfway through filming the second season of The Mandalorian because he wanted some helmet-free scenes. Wonder if there’s any truth to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter