Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I'm not seeing any hype about it. Honestly I forgot all about the movie.

Obviously we'd never know, but I think this movie would bomb big time in the box office. Dark Phoenix was a pretty big bomb and that appeals to a bigger audience than New Mutants would have. There has been massive X-men fatigue as the quality rapidly declined. Apocalypse was so disappointing, which caused people to not care about Dark Phoenix.
Agreed. I don’t think, outside of comic fans, that New Mutants was going to hold any appeal at all. At this point the only thing keeping the Xmen movies alive was the huge cast of A listers, and even that couldn’t help Dark Phoenix. I think there was a large amount of Xmen fatigue and this would have just been lost in the theaters, especially in a time when only large, tent pole features are going to be released.

Agreed. I don’t think, outside of comic fans, that New Mutants was going to hold any appeal at all. At this point the only thing keeping the Xmen movies alive was the huge cast of A listers, and even that couldn’t help Dark Phoenix. I think there was a large amount of Xmen fatigue and this would have just been lost in the theaters, especially in a time when only large, tent pole features are going to be released.

Much like how Science Fiction can be divided into "pre-Star Wars" and "post-Star Wars" I think superhero movies can be split into "Pre-Iron Man" and "Post-Iron Man" i.e. the MCU. Most of those movies from the late 90's through Iron Man just don't hold up well at all. The fans want to see the MCU X-Men, not the lame-duck Fox universe. Considering that those movies have gotten noticably worse since the first one it's not surprising that Dark Phoenix failed and there is no enthusiasm for New Mutants at all.

Much like how Science Fiction can be divided into "pre-Star Wars" and "post-Star Wars" I think superhero movies can be split into "Pre-Iron Man" and "Post-Iron Man" i.e. the MCU. Most of those movies from the late 90's through Iron Man just don't hold up well at all. The fans want to see the MCU X-Men, not the lame-duck Fox universe. Considering that those movies have gotten noticably worse since the first one it's not surprising that Dark Phoenix failed and there is no enthusiasm for New Mutants at all.

Same could be said for Fantastic Four, that reboot they did a few years ago was laughably awful. Everyone waiting for them to be brought into MCU now

I'd be curiously interested in that series. Not a huge Lando fan but think it's a good character and we don' have a lot of information on him from the movies so they can do a lot with him. Think his character is well suited to a series. Still holding out hope that we will get more pickup from Solo as well. Found the movie pretty meh but was intrigued for more with the Crimson Dawn set up. Love to see a series, even a limited one (live action of animated), following off from Solo and focusing on Crimson Dawn. Showing the formation and where Maul went post Clone Wars to build up a new crime syndicate along with Qi'ra's hiring. And then see what happened after the end of Solo with them. Could see a young Han popping up periodically given his connection to Qi'ra too.

Still haven’t seen Solo, but I do love Donald Glover (aka Troy Barnes) so I would most likely give it a watch!
I found Solo to be surprisingly good. I've watched it 2 or 3 times now. Got a bad wrap given the release date and other problems. It's not great, but it's entertaining enough. Glover was by far the best part for me. He nailed the part.

Still haven’t seen Solo, but I do love Donald Glover (aka Troy Barnes) so I would most likely give it a watch!

I think Solo is better than it get credit for. I think a lot of the hate is the bad taste people got from Last Jedi. It released too quickly after that movie

For myself, I never even saw it until it was on Netflix, I just had zero desire to see it because of Last Jedi

Solo is the best Star Wars film to come out in the last 40 years, 2 months and 1 day. Ill die on that hill. Though it doesn’t really have much competition outside of Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, Force Awakens, and Rogue One

Solo was pretty good. As was Rogue One. Much better than the Trilogy.

I would say I like Rogue One and Solo better than Episode VII and VIII, but I really liked IX so I think I'd rate it the highest, though I enjoyed all of them. There are rumors going around about more Solo, either as a movie or D+ series. I am 100% down for that!

Last edited:
I would say I like Rogue One and Solo better than Episode VII and VIII, but I really liked IX so I think I'd rae it the highest, though I enjoyed all of them. There are rumors going around about more Solo, either as a movie or D+ series. I am 100% down for that!
Yeah. Same here. I'm all about some stand alone stuff. I have lost faith in Disney as far as trilogys. I can be won back tho.

Really enjoyed The Last Jedi, only saw Solo once (in the theater) and haven't bothered to watch it again. Loved Donald Glover though!

Put me in the camp that loved Solo too. (Much more than the last trilogy immsaid to say) I would be in for more Lando / Han / Qi’ra storylines of some sort.

Its a fun adventure movie. It never takes itself too seriously like some of the recent trilogy movies. It seems more people are starting to rewatch it and enjoy it for what it is.

I think some of the reviews and mass opinions about Solo had a lot to do with public perception. So and so told me it sucked, so I think it sucked.

I would have like to have seen what Lord and Miller could have given us, and I’m sure Disney did too after seeing the success of Into the Spiderverse, but its not like Ron Howard is some chump director they picked up off the street.

A Lando spin off and a Crimson Dawn spin off would be mighty fine additions to Disney+’s arsenal

Its a fun adventure movie. It never takes itself too seriously like some of the recent trilogy movies. It seems more people are starting to rewatch it and enjoy it for what it is.

I think some of the reviews and mass opinions about Solo had a lot to do with public perception. So and so told me it sucked, so I think it sucked.

I would have like to have seen what Lord and Miller could have given us, and I’m sure Disney did too after seeing the success of Into the Spiderverse, but its not like Ron Howard is some chump director they picked up off the street.

A Lando spin off and a Crimson Dawn spin off would be mighty fine additions to Disney+’s arsenal

I am upset though they never followed up with Darth Maul plot at the end of Solo

Just another reason to hate the sequels

I am upset though they never followed up with Darth Maul plot at the end of Solo

Just another reason to hate the sequels

Well, I think they intended to, but with the box office take being low they didn't continue. I actually think the Maul story would have continued in the planned Boba Fett movie. There are still rumors swirling though so maybe they will do something. Also, Dave Filoni LOVES Maul so if there's any chance to see him again, Dave will try to get it done!

Put me in the group that liked Solo and Rogue one far more than the new trilogy. I also like Donald Glover, and I think a series featuring him would be pretty entertaining.

I contributed to Solo's bad box office take because I refuse to watch another Star Wars film in the theater after the abomination that was Last Jedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter