Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, I didn't even realize it was supposed to come out in August. I guess delays these days are inevitable though.

Iger mentioned August being the target date a few times earlier this year

They were 9 days away from a wrap on shooting when all shooting was shut down. I believe they’ve been given the OK to resume shooting last month, but there’s no news on whether they actual did, or have. But because of the way theyre shooting these series’ as if theyre movies, they’re not shooting 1 episode at a time and editing. In the 9 days remaining there could have been scenes from episode 1 that they were supposed to shoot and haven’t yet. So they likely just didn’t have completely shot episodes enough to make the August date. I don’t imagine the delay will be too long, maybe end of September, early October, unless there’s a continuity thread that it needs to release after Black Widow comes out, which is entirely possible

I was watching the latest One Day at Disney episode. I really want a imagineering hard hat for work. Also one the high vis vests would be nice too.

I can't say I'm super excited about New Mutants. The Fox X-Men universe is such a mess. I'll wait for the MCU version.

Last edited:
It's entirely possible this movie is so bad that HBO decided to just pass, or pass for an extremely minimal compromise... The news surrounding this one has been a hot mess forever.
I’d say that’s not unlikely. The film is only going to have a draw because of its issues. I expect less from this than I did for Artemis Fowl.

It's entirely possible this movie is so bad that HBO decided to just pass, or pass for an extremely minimal compromise... The news surrounding this one has been a hot mess forever.

I know. I really wouldn't have been surprised if Disney had just buried this one.

New Mutants should have stayed theatrical. Because of the delays, the hype for this film has grown with it. Would it gross $1B? Absolutely not. But it would make a whole lot more if it hit theaters in 2020/2021 than it would have with its original date in 2018.

Theres no denying the last 2 X-Men team franchise films haven’t been critical darlings, but they’re also capable of having very successful films as we’ve seen more often than not between X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan, and Deadpool 2.
But New Mutants seems to be delving deep into the comics by using Demon Bear. As a long time reader of comics, I’m very, very excited about New Mutants. If its bad, it is what it is. We’re getting a restart with the MCU, but I have faith for FoX-Men universe is going to end on a high note

New Mutants should have stayed theatrical. Because of the delays, the hype for this film has grown with it. Would it gross $1B? Absolutely not. But it would make a whole lot more if it hit theaters in 2020/2021 than it would have with its original date in 2018.

Theres no denying the last 2 X-Men team franchise films haven’t been critical darlings, but they’re also capable of having very successful films as we’ve seen more often than not between X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan, and Deadpool 2.
But New Mutants seems to be delving deep into the comics by using Demon Bear. As a long time reader of comics, I’m very, very excited about New Mutants. If its bad, it is what it is. We’re getting a restart with the MCU, but I have faith for FoX-Men universe is going to end on a high note

Eh, I'm not seeing any hype about it. Honestly I forgot all about the movie.

Obviously we'd never know, but I think this movie would bomb big time in the box office. Dark Phoenix was a pretty big bomb and that appeals to a bigger audience than New Mutants would have. There has been massive X-men fatigue as the quality rapidly declined. Apocalypse was so disappointing, which caused people to not care about Dark Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter