• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. That pricing is different than what I saw this morning. This morning had $79 preparty, $99 with seating, $89 post...I thought those prices looked very similar to pre-pandemic and was surprised...did these come from the actual Disney site?

I agree the prices look similar. Not sure why the w/ seating option has always been a premium as I find the after party to be a way better value! If these are prices, i'm super excited... yes it is ridiculous pricing but IMO this is one of the very few super premium offerings that I personally still can justify the value (very personal opinion of course). I was worried they would jump to 149 or 169 lol I am also surprised that this didnt come back a week earlier at a hyper inflated price as farewell HEA dessert party. I might have payed 200+ for that

I almost consider Nemo to be bad news. I think it will be shortened, scaled down, and with the majority of Equity actors in the production cut. I really hope I am wrong!!

Interesting. That pricing is different than what I saw this morning. This morning had $79 preparty, $99 with seating, $89 post...I thought those prices looked very similar to pre-pandemic and was surprised...did these come from the actual Disney site?

Pricing must have been updated since you looked this morning. The $99/$114 pricing is what is currently on the Disney site.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive for a not-that-exciting menu. Just because they give it a space name doesn't make it special. Some of the appetizers are interesting though. I'd probably still do it, just to be able to see inside! Maybe the lounge would work better for me.

Yeah, I can't imagine going for lunch and paying $55 for a burger and app. That's insane. I need a cocktail menu, the beers are not at all inspiring, either.

Pricing must have been updated since you looked this morning. The $99/$114 pricing is what is currently on the Disney site.
That must have been an oops on someone's part...we thought the prepandemic pricing was too much for our wallets so this is definitely a no go for us.

I almost consider Nemo to be bad news. I think it will be shortened, scaled down, and with the majority of Equity actors in the production cut. I really hope I am wrong!!

I think shortening it could be a good thing - just a little. It can be hard to watch long shows like that for some people. About 30 minutes is right I think. I do hope they don't cut a lot of actors or anything.

So I'm a little confused about the fireworks parties, there is a pre, post, and fireworks party. So the pre and post don't let you see the fireworks there, just dine there and the actual fireworks party paid group is the only group that gets to see the fireworks on the Terrace?

So I'm a little confused about the fireworks parties, there is a pre, post, and fireworks party. So the pre and post don't let you see the fireworks there, just dine there and the actual fireworks party paid group is the only group that gets to see the fireworks on the Terrace?

the pre and post party get special standing viewing at one of the gardens in the hub

Pre and Post parties are way better as they include the reserved viewing in front of the castle... I prefer the post party as you get to lay on the grass before the fireworks, relax, watch the show with zero stress, then mosey on over for the dessert party. The dessert part will also have seating at tomorrowland terrace, just not during the show since you will be standing at the viewing area. 100% still worth the price tag IMO unless enchantment falls flat then maybe not...

Yes, pre- and post- will be standing room only at the Plaza Garden reserved viewing area. The Treats & Seats party is the one where guests will be able to sit and watch them from Tomorrowland Terrace.

Enhance Your Evening with New and Returning Dessert Parties, Dinner Packages at Walt Disney World Resort

Parks blog post on everything that’s already been discussed in here. Only new tidbit is reservations for the Celebration at the Top open on September 17
Has anyone ever done the Dessert parties with a scooters? I assume when it says 'Standing Room Only' - that means no scooters?
Just want to make sure if I should get the Seat & Treat vs Plaza view as my elderly in-laws are coming with us.

Pre and Post parties are way better as they include the reserved viewing in front of the castle... I prefer the post party as you get to lay on the grass before the fireworks, relax, watch the show with zero stress, then mosey on over for the dessert party. The dessert part will also have seating at tomorrowland terrace, just not during the show since you will be standing at the viewing area. 100% still worth the price tag IMO unless enchantment falls flat then maybe not...

I think even with the price increase we are going to go for it. Did call and they said reservations should open starting Sept 17th.

We did it HEA a few years back and really enjoyed it. We did the pre party.

The MK dessert party is the one thing I’ll pay for every time. Just for the location alone. No squashing in with all those people.

We did the preshow before. We ate and drank in the terrace and when we were ready we walked over to the plaza viewing area. The post show you would go to the plaza first and then go eat. Well worth it for us.

I hope to grab a reservation for one of these for our upcoming trip. We have done the Tomorrowland Terrace ones before and really enjoyed them. Very relaxing way to end the day! The price increase is significant, but does include beer and wine now- it only included non-alcoholic beverages when we went before I believe.

I think even with the price increase we are going to go for it. Did call and they said reservations should open starting Sept 17th.

We did it HEA a few years back and really enjoyed it. We did the pre party.

we’ll probably do it as well. We’ve always enjoyed the garden viewing area for HEA. I’m just a little hesitant to buy tickets before knowing how that spot will work for Enchantment. I’m wondering how much of the new show will actually take place down Main Street. I’d hate to pay for a ”premium” viewing spot and then miss all the effects on Main Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter