Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I think Encanto, if that's what you are referring to, was suggested for an MK expansion behind BTMRR. If you are talking about a new Epcot pavilion, I'm all for that too. Caipirinhas, pao de queijo, alfajores, empanadas, and pisco sours here I come!

I think they should expand Frontierland behind BTMRR / shift the land to that area. That'll fix 'Tiana' being in wrong location by making the area into something else.

What is good news is that in 2023, each of the four WDW should be getting something. MK = Tron & Happily Ever After, Epcot = Moana, Dreamer'sPoint/CommuniCore Hall & new fireworks, HS = Roundup Rodeo BBQ & AK = Their 25th anniversary so something will hopefully be in the works

My major hope is that they'll announce something for Animal Kingdom on the 25th anniversary?? They haven't announced what's happening for that event yet (AKA what treats/merch is coming) so hopefully something will be announced soon

I’m part of that 90%+, but I grew up on Disney movies as a 90s kid and will always be a movie fan first and parks fan second. So for my demographic I love them pulling from the wealth of movies they have because that’s Disney to me. I always wanted them to do a Tarzan coaster through the trees like the movie. It feels like that scene was meant to be a ride.

But I understand that you don’t have to be a Disney movie fan to be a parks fan and that there are plenty of people who prefer new original concepts.
Will never not be hilarious to me when ppl complain about Disney IP being used in the Disney Parks. Like, duh, of course they will.

But I understand that you don’t have to be a Disney movie fan to be a parks fan and that there are plenty of people who prefer new original concepts.

True, but then isn't a new IP attraction a "new original concept" to the "non Disney movie fan"?

Example some of our family just went on GotG last week and loved it-their new favorite. No idea what the Guardians are and never seen any of the movies, hardly any MCU at all. And actually now they want to watch Guardians.

True, but then isn't a new IP attraction a "new original concept" to the "non Disney movie fan"?

Example some of our family just went on GotG last week and loved it-their new favorite. No idea what the Guardians are and never seen any of the movies, hardly any MCU at all. And actually now they want to watch Guardians.
Disney Parks fulfilling their purpose! Guardians is super fun and probably one of the only ones where you don't need to watch many other MCU movies to enjoy.

I have never seen a single MCU movie, let alone Guardians and I think the ride is great. Granted I've gotten Conga every single time I've been on it. If you told me you could get other songs, I wouldn't believe you.

Yea and that's also why I don't believe adding 5 new IP Lands would be met with much disgust. Just give us something.

Also can't wait for Epic IP Universe.
It's not about the IP at all. People like me who complain about it is how they fit them into the parks. All the parks are slowly becoming the same which is an extension of MK. I get it most people don't care about the theme of the parks and just want something new.

The IP at Epic Universe each has their own land and fits into the land they are in and the parks theme.

Contrast that with adding Zootopia to Animal Kingdom. It doesn't fit the theme of that park at all.

I'm in two Disney FB groups and there are a ton of people complaining about Tron due to 1. the whole issue with certain body types being unable to fit 2. the lack of theming (a lot of people calling it boring and low effort) and 3. the ride being VERY short

I mean, FB is where people go to grumble and complain. I'm not saying it's not valid, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that the consensus on FB is reflective of true public opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter