Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I've been re-watching a lot of the Netflix 'Defenders' series on D+, and it's actually making me a bit anxious of the D+ re-launch. I was surprised at how well the Defenders stuff holds up against the modern MCU. The character progression vs over the top super hero effects really worked in its' favor.

Id love to see the whole cast make the jump to the MCU, but my main concern is watering down the grittiness.

They put all the existing episodes as-is on D+ so it seems they’re okay with that level of grittiness on the platform. Although honestly, for me personally, I’d be fine either way so long as I get Daredevil back. 🤣 (With bonus points for Iron Fist and Defenders). While we’re at it, can we get a season 4 of The Oreville please? 🙏

Salt&Straw Flavors of the Month for September

Pumpkin Spiced Tiramisu

Pumpkin Spiced Tiramisu

Ready to do pumpkin spice—as only Salt & Straw can do it? Start with spiced coffee ice cream, sweetened with maple syrup, cinnamon, clove and ginger. Give it a tiramisu cake swirl. Drizzle in coffee mascarpone and top with chocolate stracciatella. That's the Salt & Straw way. A pumpkin spiced vibe that's richer and more vibrant than anything you've tasted.

Beecher’s Cheese w/ Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls get the OG Fall treatment again with crisp, bright apple pie filling. This spiced pastry is crumbled throughout a sweet and creamy Beecher’s Flagship Cheese ice cream. The ever-popular Beecher’s classic adds a subtle nuttiness to the rich ice cream. Tying it all together, ooey gooey cinnamon swirls throughout, creating a gorgeous marble dessert.

Made with Beecher’s Flagship Cheese.

Caramel Apple Sherbet

Caramel Apple Sherbet

A fall festival staple, distilled into scoopable delight. Our vanilla-infused caramel is lightly burnt for a deeper, more complex flavor. These dark brown ribbons make the perfect counterpart to a crisp, simple apple juice sherbet made from the luscious bounty of our partners at Treetop. Like biting into a classic caramel apple that's unbelievably creamy—and doesn't need a stick.

Pinot Poached Pear Sherbet

Raise a toast to two of Fall's most festive flavors, beautifully joined into one. We begin by bathing freshly-picked pears in a lavish bath of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to create a refreshing sherbet—then blend it with our classic Double Fold Vanilla ice cream. Served in a cup, cone or wineglass, it makes a perfect pairing with a cozy, crackling fire.

Made with Sokol Blosser Winery.

Chocolate Plum & Hazelnut Shortbread (v)

A balancing act between subtly-sweet coconut cream and boldly-tart plums. Flakey hazelnut shortbread is peppered with dark chocolate chips for a bit of added bitterness, perfectly complementing the plum’s juicy acidity. We sprinkle crumbles of this delectable shortbread into the coconut cream, swirling with gobs of plum marmalade for a sweet, bright, tangy wonder.

I didn’t like their cookies last trip, but I was going to be pretty devastated if I couldn’t get a Peanut butter cold brew next week 😂
Their cookies are fine if you don't mind richer chocolate and more aggressive textures, freezing can help mellow it a bit if enjoyed with a hot coffee or tea, but having a culinary chef and a pastry chef in the family means it's very difficult to impress me when it comes to desserts. I will say they're heads above some of the other cookie chains I've tried, their cake, however, is obscene with the amount of frosting they use which is where they seem to focus most of the flavor. But that seems to be a Disney issue in general. I was hoping the new cake shop on the Boardwalk would lend some more balanced alternatives but the delay doesn't inspire confidence.

Their cookies are fine if you don't mind richer chocolate and more aggressive textures, freezing can help mellow it a bit if enjoyed with a hot coffee or tea, but having a culinary chef and a pastry chef in the family means it's very difficult to impress me when it comes to desserts. I will say they're heads above some of the other cookie chains I've tried, their cake, however, is obscene with the amount of frosting they use which is where they seem to focus most of the flavor. But that seems to be a Disney issue in general. I was hoping the new cake shop on the Boardwalk would lend some more balanced alternatives but the delay doesn't inspire confidence.
They’re also very heavy on the frosting. I’m not a fan of places that use frosting to make their cakes extra tall, and Cake Bake Shop definitely does this.

I love rich chocolate and bold flavors, so that wasn’t the issue for me. The cookies we tried were dry and crumbly, kind of mellow on the flavor, and just not our thing. I also tried a zebra dome for the first time the same day I tried the cookies and it just made me like the cookies even less. But, I’m willing to try the cookies one more time, maybe I just got them on a bad day.

Salt&Straw Flavors of the Month for September

Pumpkin Spiced Tiramisu

Pumpkin Spiced Tiramisu

Ready to do pumpkin spice—as only Salt & Straw can do it? Start with spiced coffee ice cream, sweetened with maple syrup, cinnamon, clove and ginger. Give it a tiramisu cake swirl. Drizzle in coffee mascarpone and top with chocolate stracciatella. That's the Salt & Straw way. A pumpkin spiced vibe that's richer and more vibrant than anything you've tasted.

Cinnamon rolls get the OG Fall treatment again with crisp, bright apple pie filling. This spiced pastry is crumbled throughout a sweet and creamy Beecher’s Flagship Cheese ice cream. The ever-popular Beecher’s classic adds a subtle nuttiness to the rich ice cream. Tying it all together, ooey gooey cinnamon swirls throughout, creating a gorgeous marble dessert.

Made with Beecher’s Flagship Cheese.

Caramel Apple Sherbet

Caramel Apple Sherbet

A fall festival staple, distilled into scoopable delight. Our vanilla-infused caramel is lightly burnt for a deeper, more complex flavor. These dark brown ribbons make the perfect counterpart to a crisp, simple apple juice sherbet made from the luscious bounty of our partners at Treetop. Like biting into a classic caramel apple that's unbelievably creamy—and doesn't need a stick.

Raise a toast to two of Fall's most festive flavors, beautifully joined into one. We begin by bathing freshly-picked pears in a lavish bath of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to create a refreshing sherbet—then blend it with our classic Double Fold Vanilla ice cream. Served in a cup, cone or wineglass, it makes a perfect pairing with a cozy, crackling fire.

Made with Sokol Blosser Winery.

A balancing act between subtly-sweet coconut cream and boldly-tart plums. Flakey hazelnut shortbread is peppered with dark chocolate chips for a bit of added bitterness, perfectly complementing the plum’s juicy acidity. We sprinkle crumbles of this delectable shortbread into the coconut cream, swirling with gobs of plum marmalade for a sweet, bright, tangy wonder.

Those flavors sound much better than many of the ones I've seen...

I was thinking the same exact thing!
Right? No Olives... or garlic... or bacon to be seen. I would totally try each of these, that pear one though yum.

I love rich chocolate and bold flavors, so that wasn’t the issue for me. The cookies we tried were dry and crumbly, kind of mellow on the flavor, and just not our thing. I also tried a zebra dome for the first time the same day I tried the cookies and it just made me like the cookies even less. But, I’m willing to try the cookies one more time, maybe I just got them on a bad day.
The coffee cake ones in the morning are my fav... followed by cookies and cream. If I was going to recommend, those would be the ones.

I confess to bringing a couple dozen accumulated over several runs during our last trip, back and freezing them

Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT on September 10, 2023

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area this week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested overnight at EPCOT on September 10, beginning at 11 p.m. and ending approximately at 1 a.m. These tests are not expected to include audio testing or performances that might affect Guests.

The Expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

It is currently unknown if this test is related to the park's new fireworks show or if it's simply to test different products that will still be used as part of the existing EPCOT Forever nighttime show.

They’re also very heavy on the frosting. I’m not a fan of places that use frosting to make their cakes extra tall, and Cake Bake Shop definitely does this.
That's too bad, I was definitely that kid that would scrape the excess frosting off cake at birthday parties. I make an exception for mousse but I imagine that doesn't keep as well as buttercream. I avoid the Disney cupcakes because not only is it a tower of frosting but they often put even more inside the cake as well, might as well just buy a can of frosting at that point.
They are a bit on the crumbly side when fresh but I blame the amount of stuff they pack into each cookie. Once refrigerated they hold together much better and the chocolate definitely tasted of good quality, I often would have a quarter of one with a cup of black tea in the hotel room throughout the week after picking some up on arrival day. I love animal kingdom lodge but I'm not a fan of the zebra domes because I don't like the taste of the Amarula liquor they use.

Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT on September 10, 2023

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area this week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested overnight at EPCOT on September 10, beginning at 11 p.m. and ending approximately at 1 a.m. These tests are not expected to include audio testing or performances that might affect Guests.

The Expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

It is currently unknown if this test is related to the park's new fireworks show or if it's simply to test different products that will still be used as part of the existing EPCOT Forever nighttime show.
So apparently it will have "significant" noise level at CBR, but it is expected to be perfectly quiet at Riviera :ssst:

Surprises All Week from Disney Parks on The Road to Destination D23

During this year’s biggest Disney fan event, Destination D23, we’ll be sharing a series of Disney Parks updates from around the world you won’t want to miss. But before this weekend’s event at Walt Disney World, we’re starting the party early and inviting you to join us on the road to Destination D23 as we roll out a few special surprises here on the Disney Parks Blog!

We’ll cap the week on Saturday with A Celebration of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow featuring Josh D’Amaro, special guests, and a fun-filled show that’s sure to entertain as we celebrate with our biggest fans. For fans not attending Destination D23, the presentation will be livestreamed on the D23 YouTube page, the Disney Parks Blog and Disney Parks social channels.

As part of these special reveals throughout the week, we’ll be sharing an update on the Zootopia-themed land coming to Shanghai Disney Resort. This expansion will mark the first time the world of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Zootopia” comes to life at a Disney park.

Zootopia”-themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland - Rendering

As previously announced, we’ll learn all about the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, the Disney Treasure. Tune in Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m. ET for the grand virtual reveal of this all-new vessel during the world premiere of “Unlocking the Disney Treasure: Adventure Awaits Onboard Disney’s Newest Ship.”

dpep04294209459054593.jpg

We’ll also learn more about World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland as the world’s first “Frozen”-themed land takes shape and prepares to open its gates in November. World of Frozen will invite guests to join in on a Summer Snow Day celebration commemorating the day that Anna saved Elsa with an act of true love.

dpep40941090280424332.jpg

It’s set to be a very busy week on the Disney Parks Blog – we’ll have more surprises in store from around our world this week, so stay tuned right here! And don’t forget to tune in to A Celebration of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow featuring Josh D’Amaro for a fun-filled show you won’t want to miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter