Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Yeah, my issue is that my Disney Springs time is limited a little. I will go on my arrival day, but I won't be there until about 1 or 1:30 PM. I then have a dinner at AKL so have to leave for that by 7 PM. On th eday I am leaving I plan to hit Typhoon Lagoon, then go to DS, so again, probably 1 to 2 PM depending on how long I play. Thne I have to hit hte airport. I'd like to bring cookies home, but I don't know how to keep them if I buy them day one.
I bought my cookies a couple weeks ago on day 2 of my 8 day trip and just kept them packaged in my little fridge at Pop and they were perfectly fine when I got home. I went at about 1:15-1:30pm on a Wednesday (during the last week of the spring break busy season) and there was just a 30-45 minute standby wait, which got me in just after the start of hot cookie hour 😋😋

Pro Tip: you can buy a reusable insulated bag from Gideon’s for $12 that comes with a little ice pack (and on future visits, you can just buy the ice pack for like $1.50) so your cookies will stay cool while you finish your shopping/eating at DS. I actually end up using the bag as my underseat carryon on the way home because it zips closed and is plenty big enough for delicate souvenirs, food, water bottle, and my headphones/tablet.

I bought my cookies a couple weeks ago on day 2 of my 8 day trip and just kept them packaged in my little fridge at Pop and they were perfectly fine when I got home. I went at about 1:15-1:30pm on a Wednesday (during the last week of the spring break busy season) and there was just a 30-45 minute standby wait, which got me in just after the start of hot cookie hour 😋😋

Pro Tip: you can buy a reusable insulated bag from Gideon’s for $12 that comes with a little ice pack (and on future visits, you can just buy the ice pack for like $1.50) so your cookies will stay cool while you finish your shopping/eating at DS. I actually end up using the bag as my underseat carryon on the way home because it zips closed and is plenty big enough for delicate souvenirs, food, water bottle, and my headphones/tablet.

Okay, so maybe if I get the freezer thing and keep it in my fridge at the resort, it should do okay in a locker and at DS for a few hours on my departure day. I'll try it!

Disney Cruise Line’s 25th Anniversary Season starts TODAY: Here’s What You Need to Know

Disney Cruise Line’s 25th “Silver Anniversary at Sea” season kicks off today, and if you are planning to sail this summer, we wanted to round out everything you need to know before stepping aboard! While the Disney Wish’s anniversary sailings begin today, these offerings will be added to each ship throughout the coming weeks.

From a first look at the character ensembles to a celebratory song, new entertainment, merchandise, food and beverage offerings and a Castaway Club tier created for our most frequent cruisers, there are so many shimmering details we don’t want you to miss!

New Looks for Characters

dcsafl3946175311.jpg

To celebrate the signature color of the celebration – Shimmering Seas – here’s a first look as all your favorite Disney friends join Captain Mickey Mouse and Captain Minnie Mouse with coordinated anniversary looks! While your favorite characters will don outfits that feature swirling designs reminiscent of ocean waves and multi-toned fabric, you can get in the action with your own shimmering ensemble. Don’t forget to tag #DCL25 on all your photos, and if you are uploading an Instagram story, search DCL25 for a few special shimmering stickers to add to your content!

dcsafl3946175313.jpg

“Shimmering Seas” Song

Whether you’re sailing or not, you can celebrate the anniversary season with a brand-new melody! “Shimmering Seas,” a signature song created especially for the “Silver Anniversary at Sea,” celebrates 25 years of magic at sea in an upbeat tribute to Disney Cruise Line’s past, present and future. If you’re on board this summer, be sure to keep your ears peeled for this celebratory tune!

Themed Food and Beverage

dcsafl3946175314.jpg

The “Silver Anniversary at Sea” won’t just be pleasing to the eyes and ears, it will be a celebration for your taste buds as well! Sweets treats made just for the season include a 25thcupcake, a Mickey chocolate sphere, chocolate cream cookie, Captain Minnie crisped rice treat – and if that’s not enough, signature desserts in the family dining venues will be getting a tasty enhancement with a special 25th chocolate piece to add to their already stunning presentation!

For those over 21, the signature Jubilee by the Sea cocktail – complete with sparkly, silver dusting and a shimmering blue sugar rim – will be available at select lounges, while a special anniversary Coca-Cola bottle, specialty coffee mug, 25th anniversary beer mug and a “Silver Anniversary at Sea” popcorn bucket will provide dual use both on your cruise and as a special keepsake at home.

New Entertainment

dcsafl3946175315.jpg

In 1998, Disney Cruise Line made history as the first cruise line ever to produce a fireworks show at sea, and these sparkling displays have remained a quintessential part of the Disney Cruise Line experience since. During most Bahamian, Caribbean and Mediterranean cruises this summer that are four nights and longer, the night skies will light up with a shimmering new show that will uphold the cherished Disney tradition of fireworks and honor Disney’s continuing legacy of adventure. The dazzling spectacle will be set to the tunes of iconic and beloved Disney music and will be anchored by the new signature song.

dcsafl3946175316.jpg

Also in honor of our “Silver Anniversary at Sea,” we are reimagining the time-honored tradition of a Captain’s Reception into the Shimmering Seas Soiree, a regal gathering with all the pomp and circumstance this milestone deserves. On one evening each cruise, guests will be invited to join their ship’s captain, cruise director and some favorite Disney friends in the atrium for a festive anniversary toast.

Shimmering Touches

Throughout the 25th anniversary celebration, you will notice shimmering touches across all five ships, as well as special décor in Disney Cruise Line terminals and a limited-time look for Key to the World cards. On board, shimmering blue accents will adorn each ship’s atrium, while a special anniversary icon will provide the picture-perfect backdrop for a commemorative photo.

Speaking of picture-perfect, the celebratory season isn’t limited to just the high seas! Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line’s private island in The Bahamas, is also celebrating 25 years and will be decked out with anniversary decorations, along with a special surprise shimmering makeover to Mount Rustmore, a guest-favorite photo spot.

Themed Merchandise

• dcsafl3946175317.jpg
The Shimmering Seas collection features light blue colorways and sparkling fabrics that are reminiscent of sunshine reflecting upon turquoise waters, along with festive silver accents. Shimmering accessories include a new Loungefly backpack and ear headband, new clothing pieces – including a spirit jersey and embroidered Nike polo – and a new line of commemorative jewelry. You can also plan to save a little room in your suitcase for other limited-time gifts, including a “Silver Anniversary at Sea” ornament, trading pin and collectible ship replica.

All-New Castaway Club Tier

dcsafl3946175318.jpg

For nearly two-and-a-half decades, members of the Castaway Club have played an integral role in the Disney Cruise Line story. To honor this special anniversary, a new membership tier named “Pearl” was added to honor the valued relationship we have formed with guests over the years and is inspired by the time it takes for a pearl to be formed in nature. With the launch of Pearl today, cruisers who have sailed on at least 25 Disney Cruise Line vacations will have access to more rewards and perks than ever before, including unlimited digital downloads from Disney Cruise Line professional photographers, an early booking window for new itineraries, the ability to schedule on board activities before anyone else, a special gift (one per stateroom) and complimentary dinner at Palo.

Castaway Club Gift

dcsafl3946175319.jpg

If you’re still working your way toward the Pearl Castaway Club tier, don’t worry – we still have a special gift for you! Castaway Club members who sail during the “Silver Anniversary at Sea” this summer will receive a limited-edition framed art print (one per stateroom) to commemorate this once-in-a-lifetime celebration while supplies last. As shown above, this design was created by Disney artist Joe Kaminski, whose work is featured in The Art of Disney galleries, Disney resort hotels and Disney Cruise Line ships.

Sailings featuring “Silver Anniversary at Sea” festivities kick off across the fleet this month and will sail through September. We can’t wait for your family to experience all the shimmering fun as we celebrate 25 years of Disney Cruise Line! Bon voyage!

Disney Cruise Line’s 25th Anniversary Season starts TODAY: Here’s What You Need to Know

Disney Cruise Line’s 25th “Silver Anniversary at Sea” season kicks off today, and if you are planning to sail this summer, we wanted to round out everything you need to know before stepping aboard! While the Disney Wish’s anniversary sailings begin today, these offerings will be added to each ship throughout the coming weeks.

From a first look at the character ensembles to a celebratory song, new entertainment, merchandise, food and beverage offerings and a Castaway Club tier created for our most frequent cruisers, there are so many shimmering details we don’t want you to miss!

New Looks for Characters

dcsafl3946175311.jpg

To celebrate the signature color of the celebration – Shimmering Seas – here’s a first look as all your favorite Disney friends join Captain Mickey Mouse and Captain Minnie Mouse with coordinated anniversary looks! While your favorite characters will don outfits that feature swirling designs reminiscent of ocean waves and multi-toned fabric, you can get in the action with your own shimmering ensemble. Don’t forget to tag #DCL25 on all your photos, and if you are uploading an Instagram story, search DCL25 for a few special shimmering stickers to add to your content!

dcsafl3946175313.jpg

“Shimmering Seas” Song

Whether you’re sailing or not, you can celebrate the anniversary season with a brand-new melody! “Shimmering Seas,” a signature song created especially for the “Silver Anniversary at Sea,” celebrates 25 years of magic at sea in an upbeat tribute to Disney Cruise Line’s past, present and future. If you’re on board this summer, be sure to keep your ears peeled for this celebratory tune!

Themed Food and Beverage

dcsafl3946175314.jpg

The “Silver Anniversary at Sea” won’t just be pleasing to the eyes and ears, it will be a celebration for your taste buds as well! Sweets treats made just for the season include a 25thcupcake, a Mickey chocolate sphere, chocolate cream cookie, Captain Minnie crisped rice treat – and if that’s not enough, signature desserts in the family dining venues will be getting a tasty enhancement with a special 25th chocolate piece to add to their already stunning presentation!

For those over 21, the signature Jubilee by the Sea cocktail – complete with sparkly, silver dusting and a shimmering blue sugar rim – will be available at select lounges, while a special anniversary Coca-Cola bottle, specialty coffee mug, 25th anniversary beer mug and a “Silver Anniversary at Sea” popcorn bucket will provide dual use both on your cruise and as a special keepsake at home.

New Entertainment

dcsafl3946175315.jpg

In 1998, Disney Cruise Line made history as the first cruise line ever to produce a fireworks show at sea, and these sparkling displays have remained a quintessential part of the Disney Cruise Line experience since. During most Bahamian, Caribbean and Mediterranean cruises this summer that are four nights and longer, the night skies will light up with a shimmering new show that will uphold the cherished Disney tradition of fireworks and honor Disney’s continuing legacy of adventure. The dazzling spectacle will be set to the tunes of iconic and beloved Disney music and will be anchored by the new signature song.

dcsafl3946175316.jpg

Also in honor of our “Silver Anniversary at Sea,” we are reimagining the time-honored tradition of a Captain’s Reception into the Shimmering Seas Soiree, a regal gathering with all the pomp and circumstance this milestone deserves. On one evening each cruise, guests will be invited to join their ship’s captain, cruise director and some favorite Disney friends in the atrium for a festive anniversary toast.

Shimmering Touches

Throughout the 25th anniversary celebration, you will notice shimmering touches across all five ships, as well as special décor in Disney Cruise Line terminals and a limited-time look for Key to the World cards. On board, shimmering blue accents will adorn each ship’s atrium, while a special anniversary icon will provide the picture-perfect backdrop for a commemorative photo.

Speaking of picture-perfect, the celebratory season isn’t limited to just the high seas! Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line’s private island in The Bahamas, is also celebrating 25 years and will be decked out with anniversary decorations, along with a special surprise shimmering makeover to Mount Rustmore, a guest-favorite photo spot.

Themed Merchandise

• dcsafl3946175317.jpg
The Shimmering Seas collection features light blue colorways and sparkling fabrics that are reminiscent of sunshine reflecting upon turquoise waters, along with festive silver accents. Shimmering accessories include a new Loungefly backpack and ear headband, new clothing pieces – including a spirit jersey and embroidered Nike polo – and a new line of commemorative jewelry. You can also plan to save a little room in your suitcase for other limited-time gifts, including a “Silver Anniversary at Sea” ornament, trading pin and collectible ship replica.

All-New Castaway Club Tier

dcsafl3946175318.jpg

For nearly two-and-a-half decades, members of the Castaway Club have played an integral role in the Disney Cruise Line story. To honor this special anniversary, a new membership tier named “Pearl” was added to honor the valued relationship we have formed with guests over the years and is inspired by the time it takes for a pearl to be formed in nature. With the launch of Pearl today, cruisers who have sailed on at least 25 Disney Cruise Line vacations will have access to more rewards and perks than ever before, including unlimited digital downloads from Disney Cruise Line professional photographers, an early booking window for new itineraries, the ability to schedule on board activities before anyone else, a special gift (one per stateroom) and complimentary dinner at Palo.

Castaway Club Gift

dcsafl3946175319.jpg

If you’re still working your way toward the Pearl Castaway Club tier, don’t worry – we still have a special gift for you! Castaway Club members who sail during the “Silver Anniversary at Sea” this summer will receive a limited-edition framed art print (one per stateroom) to commemorate this once-in-a-lifetime celebration while supplies last. As shown above, this design was created by Disney artist Joe Kaminski, whose work is featured in The Art of Disney galleries, Disney resort hotels and Disney Cruise Line ships.

Sailings featuring “Silver Anniversary at Sea” festivities kick off across the fleet this month and will sail through September. We can’t wait for your family to experience all the shimmering fun as we celebrate 25 years of Disney Cruise Line! Bon voyage!
We depart in 12 days on the Fantasy, can't wait!

Disney Eats: Foodie Guide to Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month 2023

This May, we’re thrilled to be shining a light on Asian American Pacific Islander heritage month and “A World of Voices” celebrations! Throughout the month, the culinary teams will be showcasing some of the diverse cultures through their cuisines with both new and existing items that will delight you with each and every bite.

The chefs have taken inspiration from various cultures and put their own flair and their own personal connections they’ve infused into these dishes. While some of these Asian-inspired items are exclusive to May, including the Korean Fried Chicken Bowl with Cucumber Namasu at various Walt Disney World Resort hotels and the Bangkok Chicken Wings at Nomad Lounge, there are plenty of delicious dishes that you can enjoy all year long at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, like the Beef Bulgogi Burrito at Lucky Fortune Cookeryand the Kung Pao Bao at Lamplight Lounge.

Some of the best ways to experience the cultures around you is through food, and I for one am very excited to share with you the many ways you can experience Asian American and Pacific Islander heritages both this month and every month at Disney Parks.

Let’s go on a foodie adventure with this year’s Foodie Guide to Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month!

Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Resort Hotels

4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y21.jpg

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Capt. Cook’s and Kona Island
(Currently available)

• Moana Cupcake: Vanilla cupcake, toasted coconut mousse filling, buttercream, coconut flakes, and white chocolate Moana piece with a fresh orchid
Kona Cafe (Currently available)

• Hamachi Tuna Roll: Hamachi tuna, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, and ponzu
  • Pork Belly Noodle Bowl: Bone broth, rice noodles, soy egg, mushrooms, bok choy, and hot sesame oil
Pineapple Lanai (Available May 1 through 30)

• Heart Of Te Fiti DOLE Whip Cup: DOLE Whip, mochi cake, Moana-Inspired white chocolate medallion, and an edible flower (New)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y22.jpg

Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

Everything POP Shopping & Dining and Landscape of Flavors
(Available May 1 through 30)

• How Far I’ll Go Haupia Pie: Rich chocolate coconut pie with a layer of coconut Haupia custard topped with sweet cream and macadamia nuts
    • This dish is inspired by Haupia and the name celebrates Moana’s ambition to preserve her culture and traditions.
Available at Various Disney Resort Hotels (Mobile order available)

• Korean Fried Chicken Bowl with Cucumber Namasu: Double-fried chicken thighs tossed with gochujang sauce, sesame seeds, green onions, and pickled cucumber (New) (Available May 1 through 30)
    • Executive Chef Kevin was inspired by his Mama Chong and his heritage to create homestyle Korean comfort food accompanied by pickled cucumbers namasu. Available at the following:
      • Capt. Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
      • Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
      • Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
      • Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
      • Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
      • Riverside Mill at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Sesame Chicken Stir-fry: Chicken, broccoli, red pepper, and onion with jasmine rice Always available at the following:
    • End Zone Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
    • Premiere Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
    • Intermission Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
    • Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Disney’s Pop Century Resort
    • Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Available at Various Pool Bars, Table-service Restaurants, and Lounges (Available May 1 through 30)

• Pad Thai Fizz: Inspired by the traditional flavors of pad Thai, this cocktail features Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey, Fever Tree Ginger Beer, thai basil, and lime (New)
    • This cocktail features Skrewball Whiskey, which tells the story of its founder’s journey from Cambodia to California and the pivotal role that peanut butter played in his childhood.
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y23.jpg

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Caravan Road (Currently available)

• Kakigori: Japanese shaved ice dessert flavored with watermelon syrup and sweetened condensed milk
    • Kakigori is a popular shaved ice dessert dating back to Japan’s Heian period.
Mr. Kamal’s (Currently available)

• Chicken Dumplings
Nomad Lounge Available May 1 through 31)

• Bangkok Chicken Wings: Crispy chicken wings, fish sauce caramel, peanuts, and cilantro (New)
  • Tuna Poke Bowl: Steamed rice, edamame, pickled radish, chili-sesame glaze
    • Heavily influenced by Japanese and other Asian cuisines and poke represents diverse and multifaceted cultures.
  • Coconut Mango Cocktail: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Stoli Vanilla Vodka, mango purée, and rice milk garnished with whole lychee fruit
    • This cocktail is inspired by the exploration of the Pacific Islands, featuring popular ingredients offered to explorers along the way.
Pizzafari (Available May 1 through 31; mobile order available)

• Turning Red Cupcake: Vanilla cake, mandarin cream filling, honey mousse bao bun, crispy pearls, sweet magnolia blossoms, chocolate garnish, and the Asian-Canadian character Meilin panda on white chocolate medallion
Restaurantosaurus (Available May 1 through 31; mobile order available)

• Spicy Asian Chicken Sandwich: Crispy, pickled red onions (New)
  • Turning Red Cupcake: Vanilla cake, mandarin cream filling, honey mousse bao bun, crispy pearls, sweet magnolia blossoms, chocolate garnish, and the Asian-Canadian character Meilin panda on white chocolate medallion
Tiffins Restaurant (Available May 1 through 31)

• Yuzu Crème Brulee: Ube ice cream, hibiscus cookie crumble, matcha tea cake, and mango sauce (New)
Thirsty River Bar, Dawa Bar, and DinoLand U.S.A. Bars (Available May 1 through 31)

• Singapore Sling: New Amsterdam Gin, Heering Cherry Liqueur, sweet-and-sour, grenadine, and Sprite
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y24.jpg

EPCOT

Connections Eatery (Mobile order available)

• Curry-spiced Pizza: Two slices of freshly baked pizza topped with tikka masala, carrot, potato, peas, tomato, plant-based mozzarella, and lime “yogurt” (Currently available through June 1)
  • General Tso Chicken Salad: Petite kale blend, romaine, broccoli slaw, red bell pepper, mandarin oranges, edamame, crispy wontons, warm fried chicken, General Tso’s dressing (Currently available)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y25.jpg

Sunshine Seasons (Currently available for lunch only)

• Mongolian Beef with vegetable fried rice
  • Stir-fried Shrimp with honey-ginger sauce, seasonal vegetables, and cashews
  • Vegetable Korma with plant-based chicken and cashews (Plant-based)
  • Asian Vegetable Noodle Salad with wakame, tuna poke, and spicy mayonnaise
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y26.jpg

Nine Dragons Restaurant (Available May 1 through 30)

• Char Siu Rice Bowl: Cantonese-style BBQ pork over vegetable egg fried rice (New)
Garden House (Available May 1 through 30)

• Ozeki Pineapple Nigori Sake: Unfiltered sake with pineapple (New)
    • This Pineapple Nigori honors the Japanese settlers who came to the United States and worked on pineapple farms. The first Japanese community in Florida, the Yamato Colony, grew up around a pineapple field.
Teppan Edo (Available May through 30)

• Japanese-Hawaiian Pineapple Nigori Cocktail: Pineapple juice, coconut cream, Nigori sake, and a dash of shochu (New)
    • This Japanese-Hawaiian Cocktail celebrates some of the contributions of Japanese Americans to the culture, economy, and social fabric of Hawaii.
  • Golden Philadelphia Roll: Salmon, cream cheese, salmon roe, capers, eel sauce, spicy mayonnaise, aonori, micro shiso, and pepper flakes (New)

4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y29-1024x684.jpeg

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Backlot Express (Currently available, mobile order available)

• Tofu or Chicken Teriyaki Bowl: Seasoned jasmine rice, teriyaki chicken or marinated tofu, yuzu-pickled edamame, carrots, cucumber, and onions drizzled with house-made lemon-tahini-chipotle vinaigrette, and sesame seeds (Plant-based version with tofu available)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y30.jpg

Fairfax Fare (Currently available, mobile order available)

• Korean Barbecued Pork Belly Bowl: Braised pork belly tossed in Korean Barbecue sauce topped with Korean Salad and green onions served on mashed potatoes in a waffle bowl
  • Soba Noodle Bowl: Chilled soba noodles, edamame, red cabbage, red peppers, shredded carrots, celery, and green onions tossed in yakisoba sauce served in a waffle bowl (Plant-based) (Also available with chicken)

Magic Kingdom Park

Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen (Currently available)

• Pannie Connie’s Congo Lime Delight: Lime ‘panna cotta’ served with mango-lime sorbet and fresh fruit (Plant-based)
    • This dish is inspired by traditional desserts served in Vietnam.
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y32.jpg

Disney Springs

Amorette’s Patisserie (Available May 1 through 31)

• Ube Pianono: Ube roulade cake filled with cinnamon banana mousse and an ube buttercream
    • This treat was created by Pastry Culinary cast member Reuben, who drew inspiration from his Filipino heritage.
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y33.jpg

B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. (Available May 1 through 31)

• Korean Bulgogi Hot Dog: Spicy Korean beef and pork hot dog, bulgogi steak, pickled vegetables
The BOATHOUSE (Available May 1 through 31)

• Changing Tides: Fever-Tree Sparkling Lime & Yuzu, a unique blend of zesty Mexican Tahitian lime, and floral sweetness of Japanese Yuzu
The Edison (Available May 1 through 31)

• High-Voltage Chicken Sandwich: The Edison’s take on a spicy Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich, made with gochujang, a staple of Korean cooking, as well as fried chicken breast, jalapeno lime crema, smoked bacon, frisée, tomato, and pickle
The Ganachery (Available May 1 through 31)

• Matcha Yuzu Square: Japanese green tea and yuzu with dark chocolate
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. (Available May 1 through 31)

• Frozen Mandarin Fusion: An exotic blend of refreshing iced tea, frozen lemon, and mandarin syrup topped with passion fruit popping boba (Spirited option available)
  • Ripple Art featuring Moana and Mulan
Morimoto Asia (Available May 1 through 31)

• “Bloomin” Japanese Mushroom Tempura: Hon-Shimeji, Asian mushrooms with a nutty flavor coated in tempura batter and deep fried to golden brown perfection served alongside mashed potatoes and a Japanese golden curry cream sauce
The Polite Pig (Available May 1 through 31)

• Coconut Jerk Pork Sandwich: Smoked pork butt, braised in a coconut jerk sauce, and topped with a pineapple slaw accompanied by a Hawaiian macaroni salad
Splitsville Luxury Lanes (Available May 1 through 31)

• Poa Poa Shrimp Bowl: Fresh jumbo shrimp lightly tossed in blackening seasoning sautéed to perfection on a bed of white rice, topped with a mixture of grilled fresh pineapple, yellow, red, and green bell peppers, and red onion, drizzled with an in-house kimchee ponzu sauce, and finished with fresh Asian slaw and sesame seeds
  • Ly-chee Martini: Ocean Hawaiian Vodka, lychee syrup, and house-squeezed fresh lemon juice garnished with a fresh flower, lychee, and boba pearls
Sprinkles Cupcake (Available through May 14)

• Vietnamese Coffee Cupcake featuring a decadent coffee cake infused with Nguyen Coffee Supply’s Loyalty Blend, filled with creamy condensed milk buttercream and finished with coffee frosting.
    • Nguyen Coffee Supply is America’s first specialty Vietnamese coffee company and proud champion of the resilient Robusta bean. Founded in 2018 by Sahra Nguyen, their mission is to build a diverse and inclusive coffee culture for all while uplifting robust coffee producers worldwide.
Wetzel’s Pretzels (Available May 1 through 31)

• Mango Boba Lemonade: Popping mango boba topped with either signature fresh lemonade or frozen lemonade, and mango purée (Non-alcoholic)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y34.jpg

Disneyland Resort

Disney California Adventure Park

Lamplight Lounge (Currently available)

• Kung Pao Bao: Kung Pao-glazed crispy pork belly, soft bao bun, red peppers, toasted peanuts, and green onions
  • Salmon Poke: Creamy avocado mousse topped with ponzu-glazed fresh salmon, edamame, pineapple, cucumber, and seaweed salad finished with pickled radish, furikake, fried wonton chips, and togarashi
Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining (Currently available)

• Chili-Ginger Pork Belly Sliders: Chili-ginger-glazed crispy pork belly and Asian slaw on baguette buns
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y35.jpg

Lucky Fortune Cookery (Currently available; mobile order available)

• Pork Ramen with nori, roasted corn, and green onion
  • IMPOSSIBLE Bánh Mì with lemongrass-cucumber salad
  • Spicy Szechuan Chicken with sautéed vegetables and steamed rice
  • Teriyaki Chicken with sautéed vegetables and steamed rice
  • Pork Wonton Nachos: Crispy wonton chips topped with cheese sauce, hoisin-glazed pork, spicy aïoli, and pickled cabbage
  • Beef Bulgogi Burrito with garlic-flavored chips
  • Pot Stickers: Crispy vegetable and chicken pot stickers
  • Organic Hot Green Tea (Non-alcoholic)
  • Black Milk Tea with sea salt cream and brown sugar boba (Non-alcoholic)
  • Ube Milk Tea topped with tiramisu foam and served with boba (Non-alcoholic)(Available starting May 2)
  • Bottle Logic Hanamachi: Japanese rice lager
  • Japanese Mule: Japanese Whiskey, ginger beer, and simple syrup
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y36.jpg

Paradise Garden Grill (Available Starting May 2)

• Sweet Thai Chile Chicken Tenders: Chicken tenders tossed in sweet Thai chili sauce and slaw with crushed almonds, mandarin orange segments, crispy noodles, and citrus vinaigrette served with fries topped with cheese sauce
Pym Test Kitchen (Currently available; mobile order available)

• Atomic Pretzel: Salmon Poke Pretzel with ponzu-marinated salmon, sriracha mayo, avocado mousse, wasabi mayo, and watermelon radish
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y37.jpg

Disneyland Park

Bengal Barbecue (Currently available; mobile order available)

• Pork Belly Skewer: Grilled pork belly with hoisin sauce, pickled carrots, and daikon topped with cilantro
  • Chieftain Chicken Skewer: Chicken skewer in a Polynesian sauce
pshb4596797.jpg

Galactic Grill (Mobile order available)

• Grilled Pineapple Ham-Burger: Angus beef patty, grilled spiced ham, pineapple, togarashi slaw, and sweet mayonnaise served on a toasted brioche bun (Currently available through May 11)
  • Bacon & Slaw Burger: 1/3 lb Angus patty, marinated pork belly, American cheese, Asian-inspired slaw, and sambal sweet mayo on a toasted brioche bun (Available starting May 12)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y39.jpg

The Tropical Hideaway (Currently available)

• Char Siu Bao: Sweet sticky roasted pork and sweet BBQ sauce dusted with paprika
  • Lime Chicken Bao with butternut squash and fresh herbs
  • Spiced Vegetable Bao with chickpeas and braised vegetables
  • Traditional Pork Lumpia: Pork and vegetable lumpia with sweet chili dipping sauce
  • Sweet Lumpia: Pineapple and cream cheese-filled lumpia with DOLE Pineapple dipping sauce
i38r7yo4t38phu4ig3gre.jpg

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Hotel

Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill
(Currently available; mobile order available)

• Loco Moco Burrito: Steamed jasmine rice, chopped garlic beef patty, fried egg, gravy, crunchy fried onions, and furikake served with salsa roja (Available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
  • Pork Gyoza: Steamed pork and vegetable pot stickers served with gochujang aïoli, unagi sauce, and bonito flakes (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Wings: Asian honey glaze and sesame seeds served with togarashi aïoli (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Panko-crusted Long Beans served with togarashi aïoli (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Angus 1/2 lb. Hawaiian Cheeseburger with grilled pineapple, applewood-smoked bacon, havarti cheese, butter lettuce, tomato, onions, and sweet & spicy spread served with sweet potato fries or french fries (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Hawaiian Platter: Choice of marinated short rib or teriyaki chicken thigh served with furikake-seasoned jasmine rice, macaroni salad, and tangy slaw (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Rongo Salad: Edamame, green papaya, iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, gooseberries, crispy shallots, sesame seeds, and marinated tofu with fermented miso vinaigrette (Plant-based) (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Poke Bowl: Choice of ahi tuna, salmon, or marinated tofu with smashed avocado, sliced cucumber, edamame, and imitation crab salad with sushi rice topped with crispy fried onions and togarashi aioli (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Tonkotsu Ramen: Rich pork-based broth, wavy noodles, pork belly slices, fresh green onions, shiitake mushrooms, fish cake, black garlic oil, soft-boiled flavored egg, and nori (Available for lunch and dinner)
  • Pu Pu Platter: Pork gyoza, panko-crusted long beans, macaroni salad, and sweet-and-spicy chicken wings served with togarashi aïoli (Available for lunch and dinner)
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y41.jpg

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

GCH Craftsman Grill (Available starting May 9; mobile order available)

• Poke Bowl: Choice of sushi-grade salmon or tuna tossed in citrus ponzu with cucumber, edamame, avocado, crab salad, green onions, radicchio, pickled seaweed, furikake and spicy aïoli with choice of Calrose rice or mixed greens
4i827o3ty2ogyuty19387y42.jpg

Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa

Ulu Café (Currently available)

• Mickey Shaped Spam Musubi: Sliced spam on top of a Mickey-shaped block of rice, wrapped together with nori
  • Poke Bowls: Choose from made-to-order spicy tuna or California bowls, or build your own with fresh ahi, salmon, or shrimp over salad or sticky white rice with a variety of condiments
The ‘Ōlelo Room (Currently available)

• Pūpū Appetizer Menu: A selection of Hawaiian Ahi, Futomaki-style sushi rolls, and Nigiri-style sushi rolls including the signature ‘Ōlelo ‘Ahi Poke with pier 38 ‘ahi, sambal, ginger, cucumber, Maui onion, and green onion
There you have it – all of the delicious ways you can celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month this May and all year long at Disney Parks! We’re so excited to bring these cultures to life in our parks and invite you to celebrate with us.

Join the Celebration of ‘A World of Voices’ at Walt Disney World Resort

May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and as an American of Indian descent, I am proud of the diverse offerings and experiences that showcase the varied cultures of these communities across Walt Disney World Resort. We’re thrilled to celebrate and recognize these diverse communities throughout this month and beyond.

Here are a few ways you can join us in celebrating “A World of Voices,” from live entertainment to delicious dining and authentic cultural experiences.

Say Hi to Your Favorite Characters

238prtu2y7ogbl243rejniu971.jpg

One of my favorite things about Disney is how people from all over the world are represented in the stories that generations have grown up with. At Walt Disney World, you can meet some of those characters in person and make timeless memories.

Moana is now greeting fellow adventurers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Be sure to bring your best adventure stories and a big smile before heading over to meet her at Discovery Island Character Landing. You can also give a warm “Wilderness Explorers” welcome to Russell from the Disney-Pixar animated feature “Up” on the Adventure Flotilla.

Wave to Raya in the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade at Magic Kingdom Park or strike a pose with Mulan in the China pavilion at EPCOT. And be sure to wear your best outfit to The Edna Mode Experience in Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where you can meet the celebrated designer herself beginning May 14.

Dance and Sing With Live Entertainment

You can enjoy fun for the whole family with unforgettable live entertainment across Walt Disney World. The Disney Springs Kids Club will feature Polynesian luau performers with story drumming and dance on May 6 and May 27. Plus, there will be a variety of amazing musical acts performing live at the Orange Node, representing various Asian American Pacific Islander music and dance. Growing up in an Indian household, watching Bollywood movies was a primetime activity, so I can’t wait to see how DJ Pram and the dancers stack up. Check out the dates below.

• DJ Pram featuring two Bollywood-style dancers: May 4, May 11, May 18 and May 25
  • Lahjit, a Salt Lake City, Utah band that plays music from various genres: May 7 and May 8
  • The Collective, a high-energy vocal group that celebrates boy bands and K-pop (short for Korean pop music) sensations from throughout history: May 14, May 15, May 28 and May 29
  • NETANE Polynesian Productions, whose performances feature authentic Polynesian dances from the Pacific islands of Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa and more: May 21 and May 22
Over at EPCOT, you can experience the thundering sound of taiko, an ancient form of Japanese drumming, with daily live performances from Matsuriza in the Japan pavilion. You can also dance along with the Viva Gaia Street Band at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This month, the band is adding songs you may recognize from the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film, “Moana.”

Find Inspiration at Disney Springs Art Walk: A Canvas of Expression​

238prtu2y7ogbl243rejniu972.jpg

Can you believe it’s been nearly a year since the Disney Springs Art Walk: A Canvas of Expressiondebuted with its first stunning pieces of artwork? If you haven’t had the chance to tour this amazing collection of murals, there’s no better time than now. And one of my favorite ways to experience Disney Springs is by strolling around with a cold beverage in hand as the Florida heat picks up.

You won’t want to miss two more artists who have added their art to the walls: Vietnamese-American artist Thao Huynh French and Cambodian-American artist Andrew Hem. French uses texture and bright colors to create captivating graffiti art. She hopes her work inspires other Asian-American women to follow their own dreams. Hem is excited to make his mark at Disney Springs after originally starting his career as a character artist for Disney. He hopes guests who visit the Art Walk take a moment to explore the little details hidden throughout his work and experience the joy of childhood. Our newest Asian American artists join a diverse roster, including Eric Tan, Stacey Aoyama and Leah Abucayan.

238prtu2y7ogbl243rejniu975a.jpg

238prtu2y7ogbl243rejniu975b.jpg

Jump Into Your Favorite Disney Stories With Disney PhotoPass Service

One of my favorite things to do after a visit to Walt Disney World is to scroll through the photos I took with family and friends while there. This month, there are some exciting new Magic Shots and props to plus-up your photos with Disney PhotoPass Service. I love the extra flair Magic Shots add to my photos, and the Disney PhotoPass team is always so creative with new ideas. At the Disney PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs, you can pose in front of a virtual background inspired by Chinese-Canadian Meilin “Mei” Lee from the Disney-Pixar animated feature “Turning Red.” Another background features a scene inspired by “Moana,” plus there’s a new prop from the film. Over at Magic Kingdom Park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, snap a photo with Hiro and his lovable robot companion Baymax from the Walt Disney Animation Studios animated feature “Big Hero 6” in a special Magic Shot.

Enjoy Movies Under the Stars and Fitness Fun With the Whole Family

A stay at one of our Disney Resort hotels during your visit offers so many benefits, and this month there are a few new ones! Each resort will show some of our favorite movies throughout the month, including “Big Hero 6,” “Lilo & Stitch,” “Up” and “Mulan.” The whole family can enjoy these Movies Under the Stars as a fantastic way to end the night.

If you’re staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, there are more ways to add magic to your vacation. You can kick-start your day with fun, Disney Family Wellness classes every Thursday morning at 9 a.m. Sway along to the music and learn some new dance moves inspired by Moana. I can’t wait to see how far you’ll go after taking one of these exhilarating classes!

Will bell services still move luggage from one resort to another for a split stay?
Yes, they’ll move luggage, but they won’t move anything that needs refrigeration or freezing. If you have anything that must be kept cold or frozen, whether food or medication, you need to transport it to the new resort yourself, and then they’ll store it under the proper conditions.

Thank you, I never thought about this, I could actually bring my own insulated bag next trip!

The moat is drained relatively close to the castle on the Tomorrowland side I think, by Adventureland/Liberty Square it’s drained closer to the smaller footbridge that connects those areas.

Thanks so much! Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I do love my castle pics and just like to know what to expect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter