Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D23 Announces Exclusive Shopping Experience at Walt Disney Imagineering Campus

On Sunday, December 11, D23 Gold Members are invited to a morning of holiday shopping at Mickey’s of Glendale, on the Walt Disney Imagineering campus in Glendale, California.

Tickets are complimentary and will go “on sale” on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 10 a.m. PST (1 p.m. EST). Those wishing to participate should click here to visit the D23 Upcoming Events link.

To help celebrate Seasons of Magic, D23 Gold Members are invited to a single 30-minute shopping experience on Sunday morning, December 11, at Mickey’s of Glendale, on the Walt Disney Imagineering campus in Glendale, California.* This store is home to Imagineering exclusive items, including Walt Disney Imagineering limited edition products (available while supplies last), as well as popular Walt Disney Parks and Resorts merchandise. There will also be limits on select items including some items that may be limited to one per person, while supplies last.

New lunch and dinner flavors await diners at EPCOT Space 220 Restaurant

The new offerings include:

• Imagination – Bacardi Light Rum, Malibu Rum, Blood Orange, Pineapple, Passion Fruit, Pop Rock Rim
  • Rocket Flame Seared Tuna – Fennel Spice-Rubbed Tuna Loin, Eggplant Caponata, Arugula, Aged Balsamic (gluten free & dairy free)
  • Roasted Beet Salad – Petite Rosette Lettuce, Herb Pesto, Hazelnuts, Caramelized Goat Cheese (gluten free)
  • Neptuna Nicoise – Diced Yellow Fin Tuna, Haricot Verts, Cherry Tomatoes, Potatoes, Olives, Balsamic Reduction (gluten free)
  • Coconut Curry Lobster Bisque – Butter-Poached Lobster, Snow Peas, Pearl Onions, Baby Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes (gluten free & dairy free)
  • Scallop Ravioli – Diver Scallops, Thyme, Chardonnay Sauce, Black Truffle Pearls
  • Stuffed Jumbo Shell – Crushed Chickpeas, Edamame, Saffron Tomato Ragout, Eastern Spice, Basil Pesto (vegan & dairy free)
  • Peanut Caramel Comet – Vanilla Tart, Candied Peanuts, Caramel Popcorn, White Chocolate Cream
  • Pistachio and Citrus – Pistachio Mousse, Charcoal Olive Oil, Blood Orange Sorbet and Sauce

In addition to brand new items, some favorite dishes and cocktails have been given upgrades, with new flavors and ingredients:

• Orion Old Fashion – Four Roses Bourbon, Grand Marnier, Chocolate Bitters
  • Espresso Martini – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Frangelico, Kahlua, Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup, Cold Brewed Espresso, Bourbon Cream, Dark Chocolate Shavings
  • Big Tang – Espolon Reposado, Cointreau, Tang Infused Agave Nectar, Astronaut Ice Cream
  • Space Greens – Bibb and Red Leaf Lettuce, Honey Crisp Apples, Radish, Cornbread Croutons, Bacon Bites, Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
  • Roasted Chicken Breast – Maple-Glazed Parsnips & Carrots, Potato Gratin, Black Truffle Jus (gluten free)
  • Galactic Miso Salmon – Miso Glazed Salmon, Glazed Rainbow Carrots, Edamame, Celeriac Puree (gluten free)
  • Slow Rotation Short Ribs – Braised Short Rib, Cheddar Grits, Bacon, Rainbow Carrots, Brussels Sprouts (gluten free)
  • Truffled Herb Parmesan Potato Wedges

Breakfast with Santa at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe In Disney Springs

You can dine with Santa at Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs on December 3rd and 4th.

2022-Rainforest-Cafe-Breakfast-with-Santa-700x389.png

Guests will have a 30-minute window to meet with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and will also be served a buffet-style breakfast. Diners can also write letters to Santa, participate in raffles with prizes, and other fun holiday activities. Tickets are $20.05 for kids and $34.21 for adults.

The second option is over at T-Rex Cafe on December 10th and 11th.

2022-T-Rex-Cafe-Breakfast-With-Santa-700x389.png

This is also a buffet-style breakfast at the same price and also includes many similar holiday activities. We suggest purchasing tickets sooner rather than later to reserve your spot!

Tickets on sale for the December Mixology Series at The Edison in Disney Springs based around Patron Tequila

Sample cocktails specially curated by Mixologist Alana along with bites prepared specifically for guests. These samplings will take place on December 1, 8 and 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Edison’s Lake Side Patio. Tickets are $65++ per person per week and extremely limited. Choose to come one week or for the entire series. Ages 21 and older only. Buy Tickets online now.

Thursday, Dec 1: Featured Spirit — Patrón Silver

Cocktails

• “Thymed Pearfectly” – Patrón Silver Tequila, Pear Juice, Thyme Simple Syrup, Chandon Brut
  • “Frostbite” – Patrón Silver Tequila, Blue Curacao, White Crème de Cacao, Cream

Bites

• Tequila Marinated Pork Skewers, cherry tomato, zucchini, grilled pears
  • White Chocolate Cheesecake

Thursday, Dec. 8: Featured Spirit — Patrón Reposado

Cocktails

• “Dark Side of Winter” – Patrón Reposado Tequila, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Cocoa Nib Infused Port
  • “Santa’s Secret” – Patrón Reposado Tequila, Stirrings Ginger Liqueur, Lime Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Hellfire Bitters

Bites

• Beef, Port Reduction, Wild Rice
  • Pomegranate Ginger Fruit Cakes

Thursday, Dec. 15: Featured Spirit — Patrón Añejo

Cocktails

• “Starry Night” – Patrón Añejo Tequila, Starfruit Chunks, Orange Slices, Rosemary, Grand Marnier. Served in a Porthole
  • “Sleigh All Day” – Patrón Añejo Tequila, Allspice Dram, Agave, Orange Bitters, Black Walnut Bitters, Cinnamon Cordial

Bites

• Grilled u12 Shrimp w/ Star Fruit chutney
  • Stewed Curried Chicken with White Rice

Marvel Day at Sea 2023: Black Panther and Okoye Join the Marvelous Disney Dream Lineup

Today, Marvel announced marvelous additions to the upcoming character lineup schedules to appear during the 2023 Marvel Day as Sea voyages aboard the Disney Dream. Staring on select Disney Dream sailings in January 2023, guests will find themselves transported to a new realm of possibilities with Marvel Day at Sea with the addition of the new Black Panther herself, along with the fierce general of the Dora Milaje, Okoye!

MDAS 2023 Black Panther Okoye 2

Disney Plans on Increase of Capital Expenditure Projects in 2023

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, The Walt Disney Company has disclosed that it plans on increasing its capital expenditure projects by 37% in fiscal 2023 compared to fiscal 2022 which ended on October 1, 2022. The Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products division accounts for the majority of capital expenditure spend for The Walt Disney Company.

In the filing, Disney says they plan to increase total capital expenditures from $4.9 billion to $6.7 billion. Disney says the 37% increase in spending will be “due to higher spending across the enterprise”.

Disneyland: Calling all dreamers! ✨ The “Magic Happens” parade will return on Feb. 24, 2023! This sensational daytime parade had a limited debut in 2020, so we can’t wait for you to see this unforgettable spectacle that celebrates magical moments from favorite Disney stories!

this makes me SO happy for Disneyland peeps. I've only seen video but this song SLAPS. I lose it every time I hear the chorus. The costumes remind me of the over the top Tokyo costumes. I wish WDW would update Festival of Fantasy and use whoever wrote this song. I LOVE IT.

this makes me SO happy for Disneyland peeps. I've only seen video but this song SLAPS. I lose it every time I hear the chorus. The costumes remind me of the over the top Tokyo costumes. I wish WDW would update Festival of Fantasy and use whoever wrote this song. I LOVE IT.
Todrick Hall. Look him up on YouTube, he’s very talented.

I had thought they would never bring it back and went ahead and watched videos of it. I do like the style for sure. The music ins't my favorite one, though I like the medly at then ending better than the opening and through-line. It's still fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter