Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Mountain Model Kit Arrives at Disneyland Resort

Ever wanted to have a small model of what may be Disney’s most iconic coaster building to display at home? Well want no more, for a new Space Mountain model kit has blasted into the Disneyland Resort!

Space Mountain Model Kit – $29.99

DL SpaceMountainModelKit 1 scaled

Characters Return to ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Previously, although guests enjoyed the all-you-care-to-eat ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, they did so without Lilo, Stitch, and friends. The characters have returned, making breakfast just a little more special.
This morning we caught the debut return of Lilo, Stitch, Mickey Mouse, and Pluto. They parade around intermittently throughout breakfast with Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, the main song from the film “Lilo & Stitch,” playing in the background.

1664660625019.jpeg
1664660646655.jpeg
1664660665385.jpeg

Characters Return to ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Previously, although guests enjoyed the all-you-care-to-eat ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, they did so without Lilo, Stitch, and friends. The characters have returned, making breakfast just a little more special.
This morning we caught the debut return of Lilo, Stitch, Mickey Mouse, and Pluto. They parade around intermittently throughout breakfast with Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, the main song from the film “Lilo & Stitch,” playing in the background.

View attachment 707174
View attachment 707175
View attachment 707176
They parade around? No photos, autograph or hugs?

They parade around? No photos, autograph or hugs?
Pre Covid they allowed hugs and pics. This is DS' favorite... And he is 25.

Interesting the article doesn't mention anything besides parading around with a ukulele.

j

EPCOT is always more emotional for me. It had such a profound impact of my life when I visited as a child. Very bummed I couldn't be there today.

Same for me ... I'm an 80's kid and EPCOT left the biggest impact on me during my WDW visits. I'm an engineer now who grew up on sci-fi, and while the masses at WDW may have focused on the MK, I know I was all about Future World!

Same for me ... I'm an 80's kid and EPCOT left the biggest impact on me during my WDW visits. I'm an engineer now who grew up on sci-fi, and while the masses at WDW may have focused on the MK, I know I was all about Future World!
I give credit to Communicore for encouraging me to become an electrical engineer. I got a brand on my arm of the Communicore symbol back in May. I am thinking of getting the Spaceship Earth symbol on my other arm.

Disney World, Cast Member Unions Fail To Reach Agreement

After a delay in negotiations due to Hurricane Ian, the Service Trades Council Union (STCU) and Walt Disney World returned to the bargaining table yesterday but were unable to finalize details for a new contract for more than 41,000 Walt Disney World cast Members.

According to Local 737, one of the six union members of the STCU, they were seeking a raise of $5 over the next three years for all of their members. Instead, Disney offered $1 per year over five years – extending the time to reach the $5 raise the union sought. Disney World did offer additional increases for Housekeepers, Cooks, and Dishwashers, but the union says a deal was not struck and negotiations will continue.

In lieu of an agreement, the union signed an extension of the current contract through the end of October, buying some more time to negotiate with Disney over wages, pensions, health insurance, and more issues.

Disneyland News:

Repainting Underway as Construction Continues on The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

With construction still ongoing on The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, the rest of the hotel is getting some attention with a repainting.

We spotted a couple of workers repainting the hotel signage on the Adventure Tower.

1664750250446.jpeg

Walking around the hotel grounds, we can see the upcoming Disney Vacation Club tower with most of its core framework in place.

1664750165729.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter