Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby Closed as Construction Continues on Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Resort has issued a notice detailing changes affecting guests due to the ongoing transformation of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel to Disney’s Pixar Place Hotel.

The main entrance is now closed. Guests are required to enter via the hotel’s rear entrance.

Paradise Pier hotel construction 11
Paradise Pier hotel construction 9

The lobby is also closed. The check-in process has been relocated to the Pacific Ballroom.
Paradise Pier Hotel construction 1

And yet - the rooms still start at $350 per night ($407 with tax). I thought $350pn was a STRETCH prior to the refurbs starting for this hotel, but now it just seems insane. I'd rather stay around the corner at the Westin, cheaper and way nicer. Keeping my fingers crossed the refurb makes this hotel nicer though. However, it's supposed to be Disneyland's Value hotel and the rates just never matched that nomenclature. Maybe I shouldn't compare the DLR hotels to the resort hotels at WDW, but they just don't hold a candle to them.

And yet - the rooms still start at $350 per night ($407 with tax). I thought $350pn was a STRETCH prior to the refurbs starting for this hotel, but now it just seems insane. I'd rather stay around the corner at the Westin, cheaper and way nicer. Keeping my fingers crossed the refurb makes this hotel nicer though. However, it's supposed to be Disneyland's Value hotel and the rates just never matched that nomenclature. Maybe I shouldn't compare the DLR hotels to the resort hotels at WDW, but they just don't hold a candle to them.

I wish Disneyland had a true "Value" hotel like they do at WDW. I'd love to stay onsite, but they really only have deluxe level accommodations. Real estate is a huge problem though at DL, so I am happy to stay at one of the neighboring hotels.

At Animal Kingdom Lodge, Sanaa, Boma and The Mara are all open. They’re still doing the resort shuttle for the time being.

They’re planning on offering sack lunches on the Kidani side since we don’t have a quick service location.

The community rooms will have extended hours and the arcades are on free play. There will be kids activities in the lobbies around noon.

FYI, article is wrong, this is a 10/1 sailing. I couldn't wrap my head around why they would cancel the 9/30 Wish but let the Fantasy sail the same day. It's scheduled one day later.

The Wish is coming in a day late making the 9/30 night already 1 night shorter so it makes sense to cancel. The Fantasy is coming in on the day it should and they shouldn't have a problem then other than at worst a few hour delay coming in or leaving.

The Wish is coming in a day late making the 9/30 night already 1 night shorter so it makes sense to cancel. The Fantasy is coming in on the day it should and they shouldn't have a problem then other than at worst a few hour delay coming in or leaving.

Just hope those driving filled up their car before parking it....

Was at MNSSHP tonight and they automatically gave everyone a free one day park hopper ticket good for a year because of the weather. Apparently they are automatically doing that for everyone who’s missing park days Wed and Thurs.
Thanks for the info! I just checked MDE, and DH and I have new one-day complimentary tickets in our account. Those must be for our regular park tickets, which covered Wed. and Thurs. That's better than nothing I guess, and we should still have value from unused MNSSHP and park tickets to apply to later trip.

Disney World Hotels Roll Out Hurricane Meal Kit Menus

As is typical for modified operations during hurricanes, Walt Disney World has begun to roll out its hurricane meal kit menus for guests who are staying on property. A reader sent in the photo below of the hurricane meal kit menu from Port Orleans. Disney World will have limited food options for guests as long as it remains safe to do so.

Here is the Roast beed

Attachments

• 77752D95-31C5-49B8-A272-56208D50CCBC.jpeg
    77752D95-31C5-49B8-A272-56208D50CCBC.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 71
  • AECACCA5-3920-46DE-A08F-FFDF1F1ECA38.jpeg
    AECACCA5-3920-46DE-A08F-FFDF1F1ECA38.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 69

Disney World Park Passes Unavailable Through September 30th

As Disney World continues to make operational adjustments due to Hurricane Ian, they have seemingly blocked Park Pass reservations through September 30th. Of course, the theme parks are officially closed on September 28th and 29th, but that raises the question of what Disney will do for September 30th.

It’s possible that Disney simply doesn’t want too many people coming to the parks should they reopen on September 30th as currently planned, and have closed off Park Pass reservations for all ticket types to manage attendance. Guests with Park Pass reservations on September 30th haven’t had their reservations canceled as of publish time.

Disney World Park Passes Unavailable Through September 30th

As Disney World continues to make operational adjustments due to Hurricane Ian, they have seemingly blocked Park Pass reservations through September 30th. Of course, the theme parks are officially closed on September 28th and 29th, but that raises the question of what Disney will do for September 30th.

It’s possible that Disney simply doesn’t want too many people coming to the parks should they reopen on September 30th as currently planned, and have closed off Park Pass reservations for all ticket types to manage attendance. Guests with Park Pass reservations on September 30th haven’t had their reservations canceled as of publish time.

My guess is they know they'll need that long to inspect and make things "safe" at the parks. But the real operational question, will be can the staff the Parks at that point. If CM homes are damaged, fuel is not available, roads blocked, widespread power outages.... just can't expect 60K folks to show up for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter