Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Cancels Brightline High-Speed Rail Station at Disney Springs

A Disney representative confirmed today that the Brightline high-speed rail station set to open at Disney Springs has been cancelled.

Walt Disney World spokesperson Avery Mather stated “As many people who are involved in this project are aware, the new route configuration does not support a Disney Springs station and as a result, we don’t anticipate being part of this project.” Brightline representative were not available for comment.

Brightline is currently working on plans to connect Tampa and Orlando by high-speed rail, with a stop planned at the Orange County Convention Center, across from Universal Orlando Resort’s upcoming Epic Universe park. Running along the I-4 corridor, the train was set to connect to Disney Springs and allow access to Walt Disney World.
There’s definitely more to this than meets the eye.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Cancels Brightline High-Speed Rail Station at Disney Springs

A Disney representative confirmed today that the Brightline high-speed rail station set to open at Disney Springs has been cancelled.

Walt Disney World spokesperson Avery Mather stated “As many people who are involved in this project are aware, the new route configuration does not support a Disney Springs station and as a result, we don’t anticipate being part of this project.” Brightline representative were not available for comment.

Brightline is currently working on plans to connect Tampa and Orlando by high-speed rail, with a stop planned at the Orange County Convention Center, across from Universal Orlando Resort’s upcoming Epic Universe park. Running along the I-4 corridor, the train was set to connect to Disney Springs and allow access to Walt Disney World.
It never made any sense...I'm surprised it was ever a thing.

Taika Waititi’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie Will Not Begin Filming This Year

“Thor: Love and Thunder” director Taika Waititi is set to direct and co-write a “Star Wars” feature film in the near future. Though it was implied that Waititi’s film may hit theaters in 2023, he confirmed in an interview with The Wrap that it won’t begin filming this year.

“Not this year,” he said. “I’m going to be in New Zealand from August until the end of the year with ‘Our Flag Means Death’ and ‘Time Bandits’ and during that time I will still be writing.”

He added, “I’m still trying to figure out what the story is.” Though Waititi is still working on the story, we do know that it will be about characters outside of the Skywalker Saga.

Any ideas on what website I can buy Magic Bands since the Disney site has little to choose from?
As an alternative, you can also find Magic Band skins and apply them to a neutral color Magic Band. I got a glow in the dark Iron Man skin from Magic Your Band and put it on a plain black band, and get compliments on it all the time! You can't tell it's a skin unless you inspect it up close.

RUMOR: Disney is considering expanding Park Pass reservation system for park hopping at Walt Disney World

According to sources familiar with plans, Disney is considering expanding the Park Pass reservation system at Walt Disney World to include park hopping.

Park Hopping is currently only available from 2pm and does not require a reservation

Currently, park hopping is allowed at 2pm without a reservation, as long as the guest has a valid ticket and a reservation for the first park of the day.

In plans being considered, a guest would be able to make a reservation for secondary parks at other times and not be restricted to 2pm.

The change would allow guests greater flexibility in their trip planning but would further increase the already complicated and frustrating process of securing park reservations before a visit.

Sources also suggest that the ability to make multiple daily Park Pass reservations may be tied to various ticket tiers or sold as an optional upgrade.

Note that Disney has not announced changes to the Park Pass system, and plans frequently change.

Yes, that is the case. They went out of business back in 2008, but the supply of parts was abel to last for a while. Unfortunately, it can't last forever. It'd be nice if they announced something to take its place though!
You mean you don't find the picnic tables an acceptable replacement? ;)

Star Wars Celebration Europe tickets are going on sale June 30 at 12:00 PM ET/5:00 PM BST

1656414310577.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter