Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly unlikely for new MM events to be announced for the remainder of 2022. Hopefully, since staffing etc. should be better in 2023, at the condo association meeting in December they’ll announce a full slate of MM for next year.
MM magic is normally announced in Nov with MK being the first ones in Jan/Feb.

No, though I was able to put them in my cart and enter in the personal information for each person. I just couldn't complete the transaction. Bummer! I was so excited.
An email saying 'Disney Annual Passes available NOW', and went to a link that spoofed Disney's website would be a GOLD MINE for identity thieves. So many people will rush to enter information without thinking.

Disney World Continues to Reduce Finding Nemo Showtimes at Animal Kingdom

Disney World has continued the trend of reducing the number of Finding Nemo: The Big Blue…and Beyond! showtimes at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Originally intended to return to six showtimes beginning today, a reduced number of showtimes is now on the books through July 2nd.

The show will be performed four times a day through July 2nd and guests are highly encouraged to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of their visit for showtimes.

Lyft Offering $5 Coupon on Standard Rides for Guests Using Minnie Van Service June 29th and 30th

To celebrate the return of the Minnie Van service tomorrow, Lyft will be offering guests who purchase a Minnie Van ride on June 29th or 30th a $5 coupon for a regular ride. The coupon, Disney points out, will not be valid for use on Minnie Van rides.

As a special treat to celebrate the service’s return, Lyft is offering guests who order a Minnie Van on June 29 and 30 a $5 coupon to use on their next standard Lyft ride while supplies last.*

* Coupon provided by Lyft is not valid for use on Minnie Van rides.

Disney+ and Uber Eats Team Up For A Delicious Offer

Hungry for a new Disney deal? Uber Eats and Disney+ have partnered together for an amazing offer. Now through August 30th, you can now receive two months of The Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+) if you’re an eligible Uber Eats customer.
Already a Disney+ subscriber? Not a problem, there’s a deal for you too! Eligible Disney+ subscribers in the U.S. can redeem six complimentary months of Uber One plus a $25 credit on their first Uber Eats order, available through September 17, 2022. Additional terms and eligibility rules apply.

UPDATE: Annual Pass Sales Halted Again

Following a brief period of availability earlier this morning, Annual Pass sales of the Sorcerer Pass and Pirate Pass appear to be halted again. The passes are currently unavailable on the Disney World website after being available for purchase for almost an hour earlier today.

annual-pass-sales-paused-november-2021-2000x885.jpg

Disney World has not commented yet, but we will update you should they put out a statement.
UPDATE:

IT Glitch Blamed for Annual Pass False Alarm

There was a lot of excitement this morning as it appeared the Annual Passes were once again on sale for Disney World. But that was quickly shot down when they appeared to become unavailable within minutes.
Disney World Annual Passes

I called Disney and spoke with an agent in the Ticketing department and they told me that it was just a glitch with the website, that the Annual Passes were in fact never on sale.

The phone lines have been jammed with many people unhappy with this error, rightfully so.

UPDATE:

There was a lot of excitement this morning as it appeared the Annual Passes were once again on sale for Disney World. But that was quickly shot down when they appeared to become unavailable within minutes.

I called Disney and spoke with an agent in the Ticketing department and they told me that it was just a glitch with the website, that the Annual Passes were in fact never on sale.

The phone lines have been jammed with many people unhappy with this error, rightfully so.
Ah, the good old dumpster fire that is Disney I.T.

UPDATE:

I thought it was an IT intern, going rogue.

Disneyland Announces 2022 Summer Savings Offer

Who else needs a magical summer at Disneyland! If you’re like me then you’ll be thrilled to know that the Disneyland Resort has just released a fantastic new room discount. Guests taking advantage of the Disneyland 2022 Summer Savings Offer can expect savings on select stays and room types at a Disneyland Resort hotel from August 7 through September 29, 2022.

Disneyland 2022 Summer Savings Offer​

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
  • Save up to 25% off select stays of 4-nights or longer
  • Save up to 20% on Standard and Premium rooms

Disneyland Hotel
  • Save up to 25% off select stays of 4-nights or longer
  • Save up to 15% on Standard and Premium rooms
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
  • Save up to 10% on Standard and Premium rooms
But you’ll need to hurry! This offer needs to be booked by September 22, 2022 and your travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.

Brightline Confirms New Station Near (But Not At) Walt Disney World After Disney Springs Station Cancellation

After yesterday’s announcement that the Disney Springs Brightline station would not be moving forward, the transport company has confirmed that they will be building a station nearby Walt Disney World, according to the Orlando Business Journal.
Reportedly, Disney decided not to host the station at Disney Springs after Brightline altered their plans to include stops on International Drive to service Universal Orlando Resort and other attractions.

The new station, according to Brightline’s senior vice president of corporate affairs Ben Porritt, will be “near the original Disney Springs site, albeit not on land owned by Disney.”

Brightline Confirms New Station Near (But Not At) Walt Disney World After Disney Springs Station Cancellation

After yesterday’s announcement that the Disney Springs Brightline station would not be moving forward, the transport company has confirmed that they will be building a station nearby Walt Disney World, according to the Orlando Business Journal.
Reportedly, Disney decided not to host the station at Disney Springs after Brightline altered their plans to include stops on International Drive to service Universal Orlando Resort and other attractions.

The new station, according to Brightline’s senior vice president of corporate affairs Ben Porritt, will be “near the original Disney Springs site, albeit not on land owned by Disney.”

I wonder how much business Disney would lose if there was a train connection between EPIC Universe and Disney Springs. To get to EPIC Universe you can ride the train. To get to Disney's own parks you would need to take a bus or car. EPIC Universe would be like Disney's unofficial 5th gate (without Disney getting the money).

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Returns August 25

Magic makeovers are back!
I’m pleased to share that earlier today, a magical proclamation was found in Fantasyland announcing a very special return. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will soon welcome young guests once again for royal head-to-toe transformations at both Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort on August 25.

Our cast members – Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices – will transform guests ages 3 to 12 into some of their favorite Disney characters with hairstyling, makeup, costumes and accessories. In addition, the reopening ushers in even more options to choose from, including a new hair accessory especially designed for textured hair and new costumes featuring some of Disney’s newest heroes and heroines coming later this year.

4C703929-196B-4169-BF36-A650485551F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter