Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

‘The Acolyte’ Will Draw From ‘Star Wars’ Legends Expanded Universe

“The Acolyte,” an upcoming “Star Wars” Disney+ series, will draw from the non-canon “Legends” expanded universe, Vanity Fair reports. “The Acolyte” will be set during the High Republic era, approximately 100 years before the events of the “Star Wars” films. The canon book series, “Star Wars: The High Republic” has already explored the era.

star-wars-the-acolyte-logo-2

Good Morning All! Happy Friday!! 🥳

With Memorial Day only three days away, I thought it would be a great idea to help you guys plan your big weekend get together!! I‘m sharing with you some of my best tips, tricks, trinkets and whatnots to make your day fantastic!! Let’s get right to it!

D51290E0-13E4-4265-8E79-A4943BC0C4E1.gif

Barbecuing is a great way to celebrate this holiday weekend!! Make sure you make plenty of food to satisfy all of your guests!! Fun fact - If you dance while cooking, your food will taste better.

61357F02-CD56-4953-B34F-354EA58B75A4.gif

Memorial Day is a perfect day to take advantage of the warm weather! Allowing your guests to use your pool is a great way to dive head first into some fun at your party!

5C29350A-B76F-40F4-81C7-64E1F156518F.gif

If you do not have a pool, why not whip out a slip and slide or small inflatable pool?!

…or both?!

DC36E1F0-9CCD-4426-964F-3241B9C459DE.gif

Entertainment is also another fun way to enjoy your Memorial Day! Lawn games, such as Human Hungry Hungry Hippos, is a great way to spend an afternoon!

D7794559-B00C-454F-B6ED-31F78CA41CEA.gif

You can also throw on some of your favorite tunes so your friends and family can hit the dance floor!!

CF2E0F01-1BA2-4839-AA89-A3B733301AB0.gif

After the festivities have come to an end, be sure to attend the local parade!

AB3FF37E-D166-430B-B992-6AEA4AF7E096.gif

Followed by a fireworks show!! (One in which, I truly hope, is performed by trained professionals! …Although, no matter what fireworks show we watch, we will say at least 10x’s during the show that they do not compare to Disney’s!!)

068411C0-E655-4AFC-9BC3-015B153B9370.gif

But most importantly, let’s not forget the reason we have Memorial Day. Thank you to all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, as well as all of those brave heroes who have served our country in the past, as well as present day. We can’t thank you enough! 💙🇺🇸🪖🎖❤️

C8FBE61E-50B6-48C1-89F8-76A8C16C494D.jpeg

I hope you all have a wonderful, long weekend!! We got this guys!! 🙂💃🏻

I almost forgot about Memorial Day weekend. We’ve been over in Edinburgh and London. Everything is setup for the queen’s Jubilee.

Now, I get to stress about Genie+ and ILL for the next few months.

They're calling for some potential major storms along the east coast this afternoon into evening. I just know as soon as I get settled in to watch, I'm either going to lose internet service or have to power down the home theater system due to the weather :scared:

The interwebs already starting to spoil stuff so watch out ... also getting some early mixed reviews?

Good Morning All! Happy Friday!! 🥳

With Memorial Day only three days away, I thought it would be a great idea to help you guys plan your big weekend get together!! I‘m sharing with you some of my best tips, tricks, trinkets and whatnots to make your day fantastic!! Let’s get right to it!

View attachment 671989

Barbecuing is a great way to celebrate this holiday weekend!! Make sure you make plenty of food to satisfy all of your guests!! Fun fact - If you dance while cooking, your food will taste better.

View attachment 671990

Memorial Day is a perfect day to take advantage of the warm weather! Allowing your guests to use your pool is a great way to dive head first into some fun at your party!

View attachment 671992

If you do not have a pool, why not whip out a slip and slide or small inflatable pool?!

…or both?!

View attachment 671994

Entertainment is also another fun way to enjoy your Memorial Day! Lawn games, such as Human Hungry Hungry Hippos, is a great way to spend an afternoon!

View attachment 671996

You can also throw on some of your favorite tunes so your friends and family can hit the dance floor!!

View attachment 672001

After the festivities have come to an end, be sure to attend the local parade!

View attachment 672002

Followed by a fireworks show!! (One in which, I truly hope, is performed by trained professionals! …Although, no matter what fireworks show we watch, we will say at least 10x’s during the show that they do not compare to Disney’s!!)

View attachment 672025

But most importantly, let’s not forget the reason we have Memorial Day. Thank you to all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, as well as all of those brave heroes who have served our country in the past, as well as present day. We can’t thank you enough! 💙🇺🇸🪖🎖❤️

View attachment 672003

I hope you all have a wonderful, long weekend!! We got this guys!! 🙂💃🏻
You’re reminding me of the time in my childhood at a Memorial Day picnic when my awesome father tried to run and then slide (upright) down my old Slip’n’ Slide, caught his chin on the clothesline and ended up in my pappy’s prize peonies. Good times.

They're calling for some potential major storms along the east coast this afternoon into evening. I just know as soon as I get settled in to watch, I'm either going to lose internet service or have to power down the home theater system due to the weather :scared:

The interwebs already starting to spoil stuff so watch out ... also getting some early mixed reviews?
I know it sounds bad, but I am hoping to have some downtime with rain tomorrow just so we can watch!! Between that and Stranger Things, I have a busy week ahead of me! 😂

Happy Friday, Everyone!! I need to find out how to post Fun Photos.

But I am dancing today because my student's last day was yesterday and my last day is TOOOODAY!!! Now, I can get down to Disney business AND cruise into summer. One week from today we will be sailing away to Alaska and heading to the World in 2 months.

Happy Friday, Everyone!! I need to find out how to post Fun Photos.

But I am dancing today because my student's last day was yesterday and my last day is TOOOODAY!!! Now, I can get down to Disney business AND cruise into summer. One week from today we will be sailing away to Alaska and heading to the World in 2 months.
How exciting!!!! I hope you have a great time!!!! To post fun pics, just do a search for what you want and look it up as a gif… for example search “dancing gif” and click on images. Then, you can either copy and paste it here or save to your camera roll - once you do that, click “attach files” below the text box and it will open your camera roll… then click the image you want to post!! If you need step by step with pics, let me know. 😊

Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Lightning Lane sold out quickly on opening day

The $17 Lighting Lane access at EPCOT's new Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind sold out by 7:20am on opening day.

Disney World's Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue reaches capacity just seconds after opening

The Virtual Queue for EPCOT's Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind reached capacity after just 3 seconds on its first day of operation.
1653653781897.gif

I didn't realize they were ending it. It was cute, but I really miss Rivers of Light.

They are re-working it into more small shows throughout the day. The kites will jsut be out for causal, passing-by type of things.

I also miss Rivers of Light - I don't think many really appreciated it.

I know it sounds bad, but I am hoping to have some downtime with rain tomorrow just so we can watch!! Between that and Stranger Things, I have a busy week ahead of me! 😂

For sci-fi and genre fans, we're heading into a some packed hours in front of the screen. Obi-Wan and Stranger Things ... followed by the The Boys next week, and then Ms. Marvel on 6/8. Summer used to be for re-runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter