Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brie Larson and Jeremy Renner Have Unscripted Series in the Works for DIsney+

Brie Larson will be behind a series titled “Growing Up” which is a docuseries of different “coming-of-age” tales. We know that the series will feature episodes directed by Larson along with a whole host of other incredible directors and will use narrative, experimental and documentary filmmaking to follow a casted individual between the ages of 18-22 to tell their story. “Rennervations” comes from Boardwalk Pictures and Jeremy Renner is also listed as an executive producer.

Also to note:

A few other important Disney+ announcements were made today. Here are the other projects in the pipeline:
  • “Paola Santiago and the River of Tears” – live-action fantasy from Eva Longoria’s UnbeliEVAble Entertainment
  • “Superfudge”- Animated version of the beloved Judy Blume book.
  • “Tiny Trailblazers” – from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine (for Disney Junior.)

He is Groot: Vin Diesel Returns to Studio to Voice Beloved Guardian

In a video post on Instagram, Vin Diesel, the voice of Groot, announced he is getting back in the studio to record his signature role. Groot is scheduled to appear in several upcoming Marvel Studios productions, including “Thor: Love and Thunder”, “Guardians of Galaxy: Vol 3” and “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.”

Things Expected To Look Up at Walt Disney Company’s Quarterly Earnings Call

Industry insiders are expecting the Walt Disney Company to show an increase in year-over-year growth of over 112%. Shares are expected to be at $0.68 per share which is up from $0.32 last year.

This would mean post revenue grown of over 30% to $21.5 billion. This bodes well for the company’s ability to bounce back as the Walt Disney Company has beaten earnings estimates almost each quarter during the last two years.

For those interested in tuning in to the next investors call, the company will be discussing first quarter 2022 results via live webcast beginning at 4:30pm EST on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.

Space Mountain, Tomorrowland PeopleMover Closed; Fire Department Responds to Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland PeopleMover are closed right now at Magic Kingdom as the Reedy Creek Fire Department was called to the scene shortly before 3:45pm. Firefighters suited up and responded to the Space Mountain structure at Magic Kingdom. It’s likely that whatever incident that they responded to at the Space Mountain building necessitated the closure of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover as well because the PeopleMover runs through the Space Mountain building. A fire alarm was heard by guests, prompting an evacuation of the building by Cast Members and a response from the fire department.

It it two separate articles for two separate events.

The one article stated the cast member party is being canceled.

The other article stated the event seen being set up is most likely for a cheering competition after party.
Thank you for clearing that up for me! I had seen elsewhere it was for the cast event, hence the confusion!

I need to remember to stop over at the Ganachery next trip. Do they always have some sort of chocolate pinata like the one shown here? I love the idea of it!
I know they have them for the holidays, specifically Halloween and xmas. I don't know if they have them all the time though. I got an xmas one once. The chocolate is very good but thin. The marshmallows are good but not a ton of them. We go there every trip and buy stuff. I wouldn't buy the pinata again unless it changes somehow. It wasn't worth it for the price. The other chocolate is though.

Space Mountain, Tomorrowland PeopleMover Closed; Fire Department Responds to Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland PeopleMover are closed right now at Magic Kingdom as the Reedy Creek Fire Department was called to the scene shortly before 3:45pm. Firefighters suited up and responded to the Space Mountain structure at Magic Kingdom. It’s likely that whatever incident that they responded to at the Space Mountain building necessitated the closure of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover as well because the PeopleMover runs through the Space Mountain building. A fire alarm was heard by guests, prompting an evacuation of the building by Cast Members and a response from the fire department.

UPDATE: Smoking Refrigerator Revealed as Cause for Fire Department Response to Space Mountain

It will very likely still close at 4:30. Last time it was cancelled they left the early closing alone. It would probably be difficult to find enough CMs necessary to staff the park at this late notice.
Thank you! Good point on staffing the park. I couldn’t remember what they did last time. This time we will be there, so trying to plan accordingly as best we can!

Disney asks guests in a recent survey if Harmonious is worse than Reflections of Earth

The question asks, "How would you rate your overall experience with Harmonious compared to your overall experience with Illuminations: Reflections of Earth? Would you say that Harmonious was...

Better
About the same
Worse"
What I want to know is if I hated Illuminations and wish I had what felt like an hour of my life back, will I enjoy harmonious at all or do I skip it and ride more rides and eat more food? Or do I see it because it’s there and it’ll be the only time I see it and I might like it?

What I want to know is if I hated Illuminations and wish I had what felt like an hour of my life back, will I enjoy harmonious at all or do I skip it and ride more rides and eat more food? Or do I see it because it’s there and it’ll be the only time I see it and I might like it?

I loved Harmonious, saw it twice last trip, I thought it was better than Enchantment at MK.

I know they have them for the holidays, specifically Halloween and xmas. I don't know if they have them all the time though. I got an xmas one once. The chocolate is very good but thin. The marshmallows are good but not a ton of them. We go there every trip and buy stuff. I wouldn't buy the pinata again unless it changes somehow. It wasn't worth it for the price. The other chocolate is though.

I just like the idea of getting to smash something chocolate open to find more sweets inside, LOL! Yes, I'm a simple soul, with a huge sweet tooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter