Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. It's better that people know they are working on things and here's some ideas, even if they don't happen. People will complain either way, but at least there's proof that they aren't just sitting on their hands like so many around here would like to think.
How many things have they actually announced and then changed their minds and cancelled? Talk is easy, actually building it is harder.

Lin-Manuel Miranda said months ago Disney is working on an Encanto ride (I believe he said he would like one, and then said Disney is working on one and everyone thought it was the Treehouse in DL). I really think these ideas have been in discussion for months. They aren't going to push forward a timeline just to make a D23 date.

Lin-Manuel Miranda said months ago Disney is working on an Encanto ride (I believe he said he would like one, and then said Disney is working on one and everyone thought it was the Treehouse in DL). I really think these ideas have been in discussion for months. They aren't going to push forward a timeline just to make a D23 date.
Right? If they said a date and for some reason couldn't make it "fans" would be bashing them even worse. They can't win. They showed what they could for WDW folks. And like, it's so funny to me how in the last 5 years WDW literally got: 2 new rides a new ride and is still in the middle of mayor refurbishment in EPCOT, with TRON coming next year for MK. Got a new hotel and 2 lands in DHS, not to mention the Mickey ride a few years back. A land in AK with 2 rides. Like it's basically been a land/ride per year at least and it looks like for one (1) year they might not get something new while the Imagineers work in 2 whole new amazing looking lands and folks are ready to throw hands. Like???

I'm super curious to what everyone that is angry or disappointed was expecting?

Last edited:
Right? If they said a date and for some reason couldn't make it "fans" would be bashing them even worse. They can't win. They showed what they could for WDW folks. And like, it's so funny to me how in the last 5 years WDW literally got: a new ride and is still in the middle of mayor refurbishment in EPCOT, with TRON coming next year for MK. Got a new hotel and 2 lands in DHS, not to mention the Mickey ride a few years back. A land in AK with 2 rides. Like it's basically been a land/ride per year at least and it looks like for one (1) year they might not get something new while the Imagineers work in 2 whole new amazing looking lands and folks are ready to throw hands. Like???

Mickey ride was only like 2.5 years ago and since then Remy opened and GOTG!

Right? If they said a date and for some reason couldn't make it "fans" would be bashing them even worse. They can't win. They showed what they could for WDW folks. And like, it's so funny to me how in the last 5 years WDW literally got: a new ride and is still in the middle of mayor refurbishment in EPCOT, with TRON coming next year for MK. Got a new hotel and 2 lands in DHS, not to mention the Mickey ride a few years back. A land in AK with 2 rides. Like it's basically been a land/ride per year at least and it looks like for one (1) year they might not get something new while the Imagineers work in 2 whole new amazing looking lands and folks are ready to throw hands. Like???

I think it’s the fact that Disney are just looking at it. After the disappointment of Mary popings etc it makes it sound like it may or may not happen

I think if Disney turned round and said today these ideas will happen it would be a totally different matter

The tone I get is that there looking into it and it may or may not happen, so it’s the fact that not one new ride come out today is disappointing it’s all what ifs

I think it’s the fact that Disney are just looking at it. After the disappointment of Mary popings etc it makes it sound like it may or may not happen

I think if Disney turned round and said today these ideas will happen it would be a totally different matter

The tone I get is that there looking into it and it may or may not happen, so it’s the fact that not one new ride come out today is disappointing it’s all what ifs

Except they literally can't make everyone happy. Announce a ride and then stuff happens and it gets cancelled, people get mad.

Announce potential ideas, it's not enough people get mad.

Announce nothing and people get mad.

With the way the world's economy is, because this is far from being a US only issue, they aren't going to announce anything that isn't for sure going to happen with what happened with covid. And I'd imagine how that all happened will keep them from anything more than blue sky ideas until they are about to break ground.

The other thing is, d23 is not the end all be all place for announcements. They can release stuff whenever they want to. I doubt we'll have to wait 2 yeara before more stuff is announced.

I also thought a lot of good stuff came out and am looking forward to finally getting to run at dlr.

To me, it just felt like they didn't wanna give details because they don't have the details yet and the inside of the lands is still a work in progress, things might change so they didn't wanna say "for sure this specific ride is coming". They wouldn't have shown the concepts if they weren't behind the idea seriously, or they would have shown dif concepts for the proposed areas, not just one. And honestly, seeing the vitriol from the "fans", they were right to cover their asses.

I had low expectations as far as new stuff goes but I do think it was a mistake to talk about concepts that may or may not happen, it’s already caused a ton of confusion with Disney sites and they’re always happy to run with that. If they don’t have much to announce for WDW then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter