Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIF wall e disney pixar - animated GIF on GIFER - by Kigall

Now wait a minute, Detroit style has it's place but you can't doubt the fabulousness of Neapolitan style pizza.
Why would you want a vanilla/strawberry/chocolate pizza, just eat a Choco Taco like the rest of us blue cards. 1658843615689.png

Via Napoli doesn't count because it is not Disney Run. Actually, you can even get decent pizza at the resorts. It's just those round bread-discs that they pass off as "pizza" at the QS places.
I don't think I've eaten pizza anywhere else at WDW, now that I think about it. Well, maybe Pizza window at BW.

I will keep this in mind, do not order bread-discs. :)

I don't think I've eaten pizza anywhere else at WDW, now that I think about it. Well, maybe Pizza window at BW.

I will keep this in mind, do not order bread-discs. :)

I think it's actually just PizzaRizzo and Pizzafari that have these. They might please a fussy kid, but really, I would avoid. I mean, look at my picture!

Being from St Louis where "Real" Italian restaurants are still the norm, we've never heard of "Detroit" style. Chicago, New York, sure.

And you never going to beat Imo's Pizza, a St Louis original.

j

Why would you want a vanilla/strawberry/chocolate pizza, just eat a Choco Taco like the rest of us blue cards. View attachment 688199
Choco Tacos have sadly been discontinued by Klondike, though they haven't been anywhere near as good as they were in the 90's for a long time.

Via Napoli doesn't count because it is not Disney Run. Actually, you can even get decent pizza at the resorts. It's just those round bread-discs that they pass off as "pizza" at the QS places.
Saratoga Springs' quick service had surprisingly good wood fired pizzas, DH ordered it multiple times as a late night snack.

BoardWalk Bakery to BoardWalk Deli Transformation Now Underway

A quick trip down Disney’s Boardwalk revealed some big renovations at the local eateries. The BoardWalk Bakery is currently closed to become BoardWalk Deli, while construction continues outside Trattoria al Forno. Just down the lane, ESPN Club being turned into the Cake Bake Shop.
boardwalk reno 9

Electrical cords run underneath the planters to where the crews are working. Seems like they might be replacing the wooden boards.

boardwalk reno 6

With all the sandwich nonsense from yesterday behind us, can we talk about something that really matters?

Like why Detroit style pizza is the best and all other styles of pizza don’t matter.
100% no comparison to Detroit pizza! There is a place in Orlando that makes it called SoDough Squared. It’s so popular that they sell out every day and just close the place when they no longer have any dough. They can’t keep up with the demand!

I can get into a whole thing about Via Napoli, it’s run by the same group that runs my daughters favorite restaurant here in NJ…. The pizza is surprisingly good, as are the other dishes

Happy Dwarf Specialty Cone Joins 50th Anniversary Treats at Magic Kingdom

We took a ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and thought we deserved a small treat, you know, like a reward. We discovered perhaps the only thing that could make even Grumpy smile with a the Dwarfs Specialty Cone featuring Happy at Storybook Treats. So far, the Seven Dwarfs Specialty Cone has been available in versions inspired by Grumpy, Doc, Sneezy, and Dopey.

Dwarfs Specialty Cone Featuring Happy – $5.99

Chocolate-Banana Soft-Serve in a Blue Cone with a Chocolate Belt Buckle and Chocolate Face.

happy cone wdw 2

Disneyland Tokyo News:

Tokyo Disney’s Monorail Gets Duffy & Friends Makeover

Over at Tokyo Disney Sea, the Disney Resort Line which connects each part of resort has unveiled a special monorail car inspired by Duffy’s newest friend Lina Bell. The Duffy-inspired monorail car will be in use until September 8, 2022.

View attachment 688216
This is really adorable. I wish the monorails at WDW looked like this. The ones in TDL also don't have that awful sweat smell which automatically makes them superior in my opinion LOL

BoardWalk Bakery to BoardWalk Deli Transformation Now Underway

A quick trip down Disney’s Boardwalk revealed some big renovations at the local eateries. The BoardWalk Bakery is currently closed to become BoardWalk Deli, while construction continues outside Trattoria al Forno. Just down the lane, ESPN Club being turned into the Cake Bake Shop.
boardwalk reno 9

Electrical cords run underneath the planters to where the crews are working. Seems like they might be replacing the wooden boards.

boardwalk reno 6
The pics of Trattoria al forno are no coincidence today, are they? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter