Disney Mosquitoes

Pooh's World

DIS Veteran
Is Disney cutting back on their Mosquitoes killing machines?
I was bitten by Mosquitoes twice yesterday and have never been bitten by Mosquitoes at Disney before.

Anyone else notice an uptick in Mosquitoes at WDW?

I've been bitten by mosquitoes at Disney before. It's Florida and they're a fact of life. That being said Disney has a pretty effective program on keeping the population down. One interesting program is the bat houses at Fort Wilderness. They provide a home for the bats and the bats eat the mosquitoes. I believe they also spray but some people say no.
Where were you when you got bit?

I have been wondering the same. I've been getting more bites than I used to at Disney world... but its very hard for us to know whats happening behind the scenes. Is it Chapek? Is it excess rainfall? Have I somehow become more delicious?

All I know is that I have been getting more bites than I have in the past. :(

Thank you for the heads up! We've never brought bug spray to WDW because we've never needed it, but now I'm rethinking our packing list for next month...

Interesting to hear - I was on vacation in Florida (not Disney) earlier this year and noticed mosquitos as well - never have in past years. Wondering if its a combination of cutting back on spraying when crowds were down, and possibly weather? I’ll bring my Off when I head to my trip!

I certainly have noticed how few mosquitoes there are at Disney considering how the weather has been this year in Florida.

Much of this depends on your perspective.

Me, I live in Florida, so I am impressed with their bug control.

If you are coming from somewhere with few bugs, you may have a different viewpoint.

Florida is a theme park for bugs, so no battle against them is going to be perfect.

Huh. Interesting. I have not been bitten once this summer including our last week trip to Disney. Maybe I am not yummy anymore. That can only be a good thing since I am allergic.

I certainly have noticed how few mosquitoes there are at Disney considering how the weather has been this year in Florida.

Much of this depends on your perspective.

Me, I live in Florida, so I am impressed with their bug control.

If you are coming from somewhere with few bugs, you may have a different viewpoint.

Florida is a theme park for bugs, so no battle against them is going to be perfect.
I just hide in my lanai....
20171225_084538.jpg

Do you spray the mosquito spray on your clothes or skin? I'm already going to slather on factor 50 on myself.

Do you spray the mosquito spray on your clothes or skin? I'm already going to slather on factor 50 on myself.
It depends on the type of bug repellent and what material your clothes are made of. I don’t do this at Disney but when I use DEET, I never put it on clothes. Just skin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter