Disney Magic.

Blondie58

DIS Veteran
While vacationing on the Disney Magic we see there are many great activities each day. As we will participate in most, we are considering the 304 square foot room (which is the smallest) on the concierge level. Please share your insight regarding: 1. Is this room size adequate in your opinion? 2. If so, what room number(s) do you suggest from prior experience. 3. If not, what is your suggestion per room size, location, number on the concierge floor? 4. Do you have any insight on the excursions offered? We have participated in small boat cruising but we have never done large ship cruising. Any other thoughts and tips are appreciated.

While vacationing on the Disney Magic we see there are many great activities each day. As we will participate in most, we are considering the 304 square foot room (which is the smallest) on the concierge level. Please share your insight regarding: 1. Is this room size adequate in your opinion? 2. If so, what room number(s) do you suggest from prior experience. 3. If not, what is your suggestion per room size, location, number on the concierge floor? 4. Do you have any insight on the excursions offered? We have participated in small boat cruising but we have never done large ship cruising. Any other thoughts and tips are appreciated.
How many people? Do you all live together now? How long a cruise?

We have had 3 people in an inside room on the Magic multiple times with no issues. Two adults and a teen. We have found that we don’t spend a lot of time in the rooms so the smaller sizes really aren’t a problem. If you anticipate spending a lot of time in the room and have a large family than a larger room may be right for you.

The smallest Concierge room on Magic (now Category 3) is equivalent to the largest non-Concierge room (Category 4). It is quite sufficient since most guests on the ship sail in smaller staterooms, including for families up to 4 guests. Cat4 accommodate 5 guests.

All Cat3 staterooms are on deck 8, which is not a Concierge deck. Those staterooms are mixed with regular staterooms. Some are just front of the front elevators, some are just aft of that location and some are near the aft elevators. We much prefer the front locations, feeling there is no real difference between those seven staterooms.

The choice between port and starboard will depend on the itinerary, just like excursions, especially on Magic. That ship has the most diverse itineraries of the fleet. You do not specify where in the world you think of going.

We have had 3 people in an inside room on the Magic multiple times with no issues. Two adults and a teen. We have found that we don’t spend a lot of time in the rooms so the smaller sizes really aren’t a problem. If you anticipate spending a lot of time in the room and have a large family than a larger room may be right for you.
Thank you. Just the two of us and we will be taking full advantage of all activities.

Two of us. Yes. A week plus we are doing an add on.
Just my opinion, but yes, you'll be fine in the room category you're looking at. The rooms onboard the Disney Magic are larger than a similar category room on other cruise lines.

Thank you. Just the two of us and we will be taking full advantage of all activities.
In the past we were able to store our 2 suitcases under the bed and over the years we have found we packed less and less for each cruise. We will never be able to cruise out of a carry on like some do, but we reuse some dinner wear on 2-3 different nights, but never the same shirt on back to back nights;) So you should have plenty of storage in the room as well.

The smallest Concierge room on Magic (now Category 3) is equivalent to the largest non-Concierge room (Category 4). It is quite sufficient since most guests on the ship sail in smaller staterooms, including for families up to 4 guests. Cat4 accommodate 5 guests.

All Cat3 staterooms are on deck 8, which is not a Concierge deck. Those staterooms are mixed with regular staterooms. Some are just front of the front elevators, some are just aft of that location and some are near the aft elevators. We much prefer the front locations, feeling there is no real difference between those seven staterooms.

The choice between port and starboard will depend on the itinerary, just like excursions, especially on Magic. That ship has the most diverse itineraries of the fleet. You do not specify where in the world you think of going.

Just a question for you, if I remember the concierge rooms are on Deck 9 right? When we stayed on deck 9 non concierge once I remember hearing the deck chairs being arranged early in the morning, is this an issue in the concierge rooms as well? I liked the location of the concierge rooms on the dream class, we did a Cat V with the bump out on the Fantasy and it was great, especially being up front on the top of the ship.

Just a question for you, if I remember the concierge rooms are on Deck 9 right? When we stayed on deck 9 non concierge once I remember hearing the deck chairs being arranged early in the morning, is this an issue in the concierge rooms as well? I liked the location of the concierge rooms on the dream class, we did a Cat V with the bump out on the Fantasy and it was great, especially being up front on the top of the ship.

Deck 9 on the Magic is pool deck. Forward near elevators on Deck 8 would be an excellent location in my opinion. You will be below spa.

Those elevators are the best ones on the ship of you are adults only—up to the spa, adult only area, and Palo, down to the adult entertainment district. Never too busy.

Deck 9 on the Magic is pool deck. Forward near elevators on Deck 8 would be an excellent location in my opinion. You will be below spa.

Those elevators are the best ones on the ship of you are adults only—up to the spa, adult only area, and Palo, down to the adult entertainment district. Never too busy.
Thanks for fixing my memory lol. Been about 5 years since we were on the Magic, can’t believe it has been that long. My college grad was a senior in high school. Amazing how time flies.

If you look at the deck plan, the most forward Cat3 rooms are actually under the adult pool, the next group is under the family pool area and the aft rooms are either under the Aqualab/food windows section or Cabanas. Chair scrapping noises will be a possibility in all Cat3 rooms on Magic, but certainly more of a problem for the midship rooms.

I'd book as close to the midship elevators/stairs as possible. The lounge is located midship Deck 10 and those rooms will be as close as you can get.

Thank you for the correspondence! There are two of us so I think the Cat 3 will be fine per your input. :) We begin in Copenhagen Denmark, to Helsinki Finland, to St. Petersburg Russia, Tallinn Estonia, Visby Sweden and back to Copenhagen.
This will be our first large ship cruise. We have sailed several times with American Cruise lines but that is domestic and the highest number of passengers has been around 140.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE REPLIED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL INPUT WE WILL GLADLY TAKE. AFTER ALL THE SAVINGS AND PLANNING WE WANT THE BEST EXPERIENCE. IF YOU HAVE THOUGHTS ABOUT THE STOPS AT COPENHAGEN, HELSINKI, ST. PETERSBURG, TALLINN, AND/OR VISBY WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THAT TOO.

I sailed a very similar itinerary in May 2015. It’s very port intensive, and St. Petersburg will be a looong day. Of the ports, Tallinn is the most doable without an excursion. St. Petersburg requires an excursion to get off the ship, though it can be either a private or Disney excursion.

Thank you. I think by port intensive you mean a lot of things to do at each port. We are good with that as we want to see the world. We have not been on a large cruise ship nor have I been to Europe. We have done domestic small ship cruising with American Cruise Lines and love it. We know this will be a different experience. We just want to gain knowledge about the excursions and the cities we will see. Thanks again to all that have helped with our questions.

Thank you. I think by port intensive you mean a lot of things to do at each port. We are good with that as we want to see the world. We have not been on a large cruise ship nor have I been to Europe. We have done domestic small ship cruising with American Cruise Lines and love it. We know this will be a different experience. We just want to gain knowledge about the excursions and the cities we will see. Thanks again to all that have helped with our questions.
Well, "port intensive" generally means there are more port days than sea days on a cruise. Some people prefer more port stops, while others like to have more sea days.

Last edited:
Well, "port intensive" generally means there are more port days than sea days on a cruise. Some people prefer more port stops, while others like have more sea days.
Got it. Learn something new every day. For us port intensive is good. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter