Disney Magic Kingdoms

The Wiki lists the Happiness available, and I still don't understand how non-Kingdom pass people are close.

Tomorrow is day 84, and the end of Week 12.

140 Happiness/day x 84 days = 11,760
2000 Happiness /week x 12 weeks = 24,000
Lion King TC Event = 5400
Up Event = 4100
Turning Red Event = 7000
Cascading Critters = 2200
Gifts = 750
Calendar Rewards = 875

Total: 56,085

Adding up all the happiness required to get to level 131 = 55,640.

So what have I missed?

I figured all the wishes would be necessary, so I tried to do them as fast as possible, but sometimes you just can't check in, or you get a Mickey wish, when he's out collecting Abby Ears *sigh*. The person above estimated 4500 more happiness is obtainable from wishes. 132 to 141 is 4655.

I'm at 142 in my Windows game, so I must have collected more wishes, or I'm missing something. I know I missed 3 Weekly tasks (1 the first week, 2 more when we went to Universal for 3 days). I missed two full dailies when we went to Universal. I estimate that at about 1100 in missed Happiness, which at these high levels is about 2 levels. So I get how people could be around 145. I don't understand how anyone could have gotten to 154 or 148 without the 10% bonus.

Going from 145 to 150 is another 2625 happiness. Which is an additional 31 character wishes per day, every day for 84 days. Which seems like a lot, when you've already estimated people can collect 50 per day. So 80+ wishes per day? Is that what some of you are collecting?

EDIT: I did remember something, calendar rewards.
Yeah….that’s what had me wondering. I had the Kingdom Pass. I got the calendar rewards. I also had to spend gems, that I would not have had without calendar rewards, to get Kevin and Ming Lee. Both were useless as far as I can tell in getting hats. But…I did purchase them. I did use my fast forwards on tasks for Kevin and Ming Lee. 100s of them. The game gave me 2 earhats with Kevin and I got a whopping 0 with Ming Lee. I also had to use gems to get 2 earhats to get Carl. Again, they came from my rewards. I didn’t miss any days or rewards. I was stuck inside a hotel in Orlando due to Ian on my Disney trip, so even played while away.

I dunno….lots of lessons learned here. Theoretically, we should have always been able to finish all of the events. Even before the Kingdom Pass. I played very regularly and have not finished a few events. Think not having the Kingdom Pass puts you in the same boat. If the stars align, and you eat Lucky Charms every morning, you could get Dug. Otherwise, you’ll probably end up spending the money or gems to just get Dug, or to get the pass and the cone, at the end.

As things stand, I’m done the event now, have all of the characters, have a couple of fast forward thingies, and about 174 gems left. Was the pass worth it? I mean…I got the above, but it definitely was more stressful than fun. At least I know now that it is definitely doable with a pass.

On the fence about the next season. I may still buy the pass. The game really passes time, but I still refuse to put it on my phone. I’m a stay at home person. When I’m out, the last thing I want to do is worry about the stupid game. So its kinda either give it up or buy the pass for me. I’d hate to wait until the end of the season to find out I’d have to buy it anyway or know I just spent three months to not get the end character. At least the old way ripped that bandaid off a lot faster.

Le sigh….

Yeah….that’s what had me wondering. I had the Kingdom Pass. I got the calendar rewards. I also had to spend gems, that I would not have had without calendar rewards, to get Kevin and Ming Lee. Both were useless as far as I can tell in getting hats. But…I did purchase them. I did use my fast forwards on tasks for Kevin and Ming Lee. 100s of them. The game gave me 2 earhats with Kevin and I got a whopping 0 with Ming Lee. I also had to use gems to get 2 earhats to get Carl. Again, they came from my rewards. I didn’t miss any days or rewards. I was stuck inside a hotel in Orlando due to Ian on my Disney trip, so even played while away.

I dunno….lots of lessons learned here. Theoretically, we should have always been able to finish all of the events. Even before the Kingdom Pass. I played very regularly and have not finished a few events. Think not having the Kingdom Pass puts you in the same boat. If the stars align, and you eat Lucky Charms every morning, you could get Dug. Otherwise, you’ll probably end up spending the money or gems to just get Dug, or to get the pass and the cone, at the end.

As things stand, I’m done the event now, have all of the characters, have a couple of fast forward thingies, and about 174 gems left. Was the pass worth it? I mean…I got the above, but it definitely was more stressful than fun. At least I know now that it is definitely doable with a pass.

On the fence about the next season. I may still buy the pass. The game really passes time, but I still refuse to put it on my phone. I’m a stay at home person. When I’m out, the last thing I want to do is worry about the stupid game. So its kinda either give it up or buy the pass for me. I’d hate to wait until the end of the season to find out I’d have to buy it anyway or know I just spent three months to not get the end character. At least the old way ripped that bandaid off a lot faster.

Le sigh….
Oh….and I used gems to purchase two Decoration Chests too. Almost forgot about those. So….pretty much every gem they threw at me

The game really passes time, but I still refuse to put it on my phone. I’m a stay at home person. When I’m out, the last thing I want to do is worry about the stupid game.

Same. Work from home and all that jazz...at one point, I had the game on my phone. It was impossible to see because of the size. Now it's just on my iPad. I play when I'm at home (which, admittedly, is a lot of the time) or can connect to wifi. When I'm out, I'm focused on other things and I don't want to deal with happiness or tokens or leveling.

Next event is Hocus Pocus...and it's the biggest "meh" from me. I know folks love this movie, but I never understood the appeal. But am I going to play the event just like I've played everything else to make sure I get characters, buildings and everything else? You bet I am because that's the guy I am.

Same. Work from home and all that jazz...at one point, I had the game on my phone. It was impossible to see because of the size. Now it's just on my iPad. I play when I'm at home (which, admittedly, is a lot of the time) or can connect to wifi. When I'm out, I'm focused on other things and I don't want to deal with happiness or tokens or leveling.

Next event is Hocus Pocus...and it's the biggest "meh" from me. I know folks love this movie, but I never understood the appeal. But am I going to play the event just like I've played everything else to make sure I get characters, buildings and everything else? You bet I am because that's the guy I am.
I plan on playing hocus locus but probably not using my gems to buy any characters! I am also at home and can play as I see fit.

I wish I had thought more ahead and carried over more weekly tasks to this week. I've spent the last 12 weeks making sure to get every happiness possible and collect asap, and for the first time I didn't need all the weekly happiness tasks, and they could have carried over to be helpful for next week, which I guess I am just assuming the new season will have started by Thursday. I did carry over one task that I didn't need since I finished the season, so I can just sit on that one now for the week.

Gee, back to Star Wars and Snow White in the legendary chests.

I guess that saves me gems and such, but not helping me get the last non-MSL and non-Haunted Mansion collection I don't have...

Never made it past 2 ear hats for Mei. Absolutely ridiculous drop rate. Refused to give them gems or money just to get a character I don't even know.

There have been some other tappers outside the events you listed that had some happiness, too (and one this coming week that should have some).
Thank you, this did fill in the gap. The September mini events (Brooms, Jeweled Crabs, Sand Whirls) combined to 3000 happiness. So adding that in

140 Happiness/day x 84 days = 11,760
2000 Happiness /week x 12 weeks = 24,000
Lion King TC Event = 5400
Up Event = 4100
Turning Red Event = 7000
Cascading Critters = 2200
Sept Mini Events = 3000
Gifts = 750
Calendar Rewards = 875

Total: 59,085

I also realized, in order to complete 84 days of dailies, you would collect 840 Happiness to complete the "10 wishes" task.

New Total: 59,925

59,770 = level 139 If someone really did all the steps, this should be their floor, as of this morning, the rest dependent on additional wishes.

To reach level 150 requires an additional 5590 happiness.

So to have reached that threshold by today's reset, people would have had to collect an additional 66 wishes per day, every day.

I still raise my eyes at this. I know some people hold their happiness to collect when the day resets, but I never did that. Not unless the reset time was like an hour away. I don't trust this game, so I was clicking those smilies whenever I saw them. But wish spawn rates have always been a problem with this game. I know in mine I can go hours and only see 1, even after rebooting my app.

For those of us still grinding, to reach that by the end of the event, like I said we have 2800 happiness from this week's tasks and calendar rewards. Dropping additional happiness to 2790. Minus whatever the reward is for the upcoming Silver-be-Ware tapper. I thought I saw this somewhere, but now I can't find it. But at the 2790, that's still 31 wishes per day every day for the 89 days of the event that needed to be collected. Doable, but wow.

So big lesson, don't wait on wishes.

I am ~3800 happiness away from finishing. One game a little more, one game a little less. If I get the 2800 happiness, that leaves ~1000 or the equivalent of gemming 2 levels or 106 gems. It should be a few less, since I am still clicking on smilies, and that tapper. So while I do have confidence I should get Dug in both games, the level of commitment required is not worth it. There are way more enjoyable app games than this.

Also, I did get 2 of the 4 Mei ears I needed in my IOS game between late night and this morning's collection. So she cost me 100 gems to get the Event tasks (minus the Welcome all 5 characters) completed. If someone didn't get Mei, or didn't have all the Coco stuff needed to get the Event tasks done... it would be pretty impossible for Dug via F2P, IMO.

Also, even though I'm done with the Season Pass, I'm still working on the weekly tasks on the off chance the new season starts immediately after this one ends. If it doesn't, I'll have some extra tier levels for magic, I guess.

Also, even though I'm done with the Season Pass, I'm still working on the weekly tasks on the off chance the new season starts immediately after this one ends. If it doesn't, I'll have some extra tier levels for magic, I guess.
Doing the same thing here. Old habits die hard😂

Doing the same thing here. Old habits die hard😂

I'm also hoping we learn something about the new Season tomorrow in the Live Stream. If the season doesn't start before the next weekly reset, then I'll stop working on those tasks. Until that point... :)

Someone on Reddit is saying the new season will come on Tuesday as soon as Season 1 ends. It would make sense if Season 2 is going to be 89 days long, too. There are 89 days between Tuesday and December 31, assuming GL wants the season to end with the end of the calendar year.

After completing the event last weekend, I have not bothered with any of the tasks, not even the set for this new week. I just don't see the point.

After completing the event last weekend, I have not bothered with any of the tasks, not even the set for this new week. I just don't see the point.

Just in case the new season starts before next Thursday, I'd like to have a jump on happiness. I hope we'll know today with the live stream.

If the new season starts later, I'll stop. If not, I got a head start, assuming it all carries over. Probably won't matter in the long run, but hey...makes me feel good. :)

I am still working on Dug. I still need 124 points and I have 117 left from todays daily. Not sure I will finish any more Weekly tasks today, but I will get him at least tomorrow. Then probably take a break from tasks until next week.

Here are the gory details for the next season and event for anyone who's interested:

Gameloft is aware that the removal of the token drop bonus has resulted in a substantial drop in tokens. They are “working hard” to resolve the problem.

Season 2 begins October 13 and ends January 10.

There are some minor season pass UI updates that most people probably won’t notice.

New characters:

Dr. Finkelstein from Nightmare Before Christmas. Available at tier 75 of the kingdom pass.

Maurice from Beauty and the Beast. Available from the season pass. He has an “inventors costume” that can be unlocked in the kingdom pass.

They weren't clear but it sounds like Dr. Finkelstein will be the next season's Charles Muntz while Maurice will take the place of Dug.

The Sanderson sisters. Mary Sanderson is the premium character. After completing the Hocus Pocus collection there will not be a gem bonus because more characters will be available at a later time. The Sanderson sisters will only be available during the event.

New attractions and concessions:

The Salem Circuit (kingdom pass reward at tier 25)

The Sanderson House

Winifred Sanderson Wig Stand (kingdom pass reward at tier 70)

Fizzy Green Potion Stand (available during cascading critters mini-event)

Witch’s Workshop

Ornamented Lamposts

Peppermint Evergreens

Hocus Pocus parade float

Events:

Cascading Critters mini-event: (10/13 to 10/19). Event where we have to tap on something which drops something that needs to be tapped on to drop something that we need to tap on. Maid Marian is the grand prize.

Hocus Pocus event: Update on October 11, event starts October 20 with three chapters. Ends November 4. Alice in Wonderland characters will be the helpers.

Here are the gory details for the next season and event for anyone who's interested:

Gameloft is aware that the removal of the token drop bonus has resulted in a substantial drop in tokens. They are “working hard” to resolve the problem.

Season 2 begins October 13 and ends January 10.

There are some minor season pass UI updates that most people probably won’t notice.

New characters:

Dr. Finkelstein from Nightmare Before Christmas. Available at tier 75 of the kingdom pass.

Maurice from Beauty and the Beast. Available from the season pass. He has an “inventors costume” that can be unlocked in the kingdom pass.

They weren't clear but it sounds like Dr. Finkelstein will be the next season's Charles Muntz while Maurice will take the place of Dug.

The Sanderson sisters. Mary Sanderson is the premium character. After completing the Hocus Pocus collection there will not be a gem bonus because more characters will be available at a later time. The Sanderson sisters will only be available during the event.

New attractions and concessions:

The Salem Circuit (kingdom pass reward at tier 25)

The Sanderson House

Winifred Sanderson Wig Stand (kingdom pass reward at tier 70)

Fizzy Green Potion Stand (available during cascading critters mini-event)

Witch’s Workshop

Ornamented Lamposts

Peppermint Evergreens

Hocus Pocus parade float

Events:

Cascading Critters mini-event: (10/13 to 10/19). Event where we have to tap on something which drops something that needs to be tapped on to drop something that we need to tap on. Maid Marian is the grand prize.

Hocus Pocus event: Update on October 11, event starts October 20 with three chapters. Ends November 4. Alice in Wonderland characters will be the helpers.
Did the price go up or was that my imagination? And glad they are “working hard” on resolving the drop in tokens. Hoping that actually makes the premium characters worth something this time around

People who watched the livestream thought the hosts clarified that was the Canadian price. Yes, even though they had a banner that said "all prices in USD."

Aaannndd... done.
View attachment 698312

I also completed my weekly and event tasks. Currently collecting for 100, but I won't get the happiness needed from the final two daily tasks for today. Tomorrow I cross into triple digit levels.

People who watched the livestream thought the hosts clarified that was the Canadian price. Yes, even though they had a banner that said "all prices in USD."
Thanks, I just saw the price and clicked off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter