Disney Magic Kingdoms

Don't forget that you can also get Yoda with gems on the last day. If you don't have all the items but you have most of them it can be a pretty cheap way to get a character you really, really want. I haven't needed to do this (yet) but I'd rather do it that way than pay $10 outright. I think my Yoda would cost me around 500 gems right now, so with 3 days more to go I'm not worried. I check on that number because it takes the stress out of the game for me.
I have never gotten to anywhere near that amount of gems. I have used them a little bit on chests, but even if I had not I don't think I would be close.

I have never gotten to anywhere near that amount of gems. I have used them a little bit on chests, but even if I had not I don't think I would be close.
Now I'm down to 350 with 3.5 days to go. I figure it's going to drag out but I'm going to get him before time runs out. I don't like the additional stress their events add to my life though.

I'm already 6/12 canes but only 2/8 ear hats. Not worried in the least, though. :)
I had to get up early today, and just collected and I have the opposite. I have 8/8 ear hats and 2/12 canes. It’s strange I would have all the ears after less than 24 hours from the start but I will take it. I am usually struggling down to the last day and may still be doing that for the canes!

Last edited:

I wonder what you might be doing wrong? I think you mentioned that you've been playing since close to the beginning, so you should be able to stockpile pretty easily. I've bought the gem characters for every event. I picked up the stormtrooper and I'm already back up at 272. Are you watching the videos for 2 gems daily? Are you running parades with all floats? I normally get at least 5 gems per parade.... usually more. Yesterday one of them gave me 15 gems between three floats. Granted, I have never bought a single chest, but I rarely find myself short. Right now I'll just keep stockpiling for the next event.

I can’t even welcome Yoda yet. So many tasks after Cloud City built. Now granted, I’m on an Alaskan cruise right now, and Wifi is spotty, but if I don’t get him, it is what it is.
Just sent the 2 characters on the 4hr task, so I’m hoping that will do it, and I can finally welcome Yoda.

Odd (well, not really) how that final cane just won't seem to drop for me. Or the very last Robin Hood hat. Idiots.

Last edited:
That was quick for even you! I am at 8/8 hats and 7/12 for the canes.
Finally got the last cane. Started Yoda off on his first two-hour task. I figure he'll need to be at 2 before the event ends. Which I guess technically at this point, it has for me. I got my 16 gems and now it's on to just keep leveling up characters. Wondering if I just leave the other two where they are to maximize on the gem conversion, and then start moving them up when it's based on magic. I just checked and I'm sitting on close to 73,042,434 in useless magic anyway.

I wonder what you might be doing wrong? I think you mentioned that you've been playing since close to the beginning, so you should be able to stockpile pretty easily. I've bought the gem characters for every event. I picked up the stormtrooper and I'm already back up at 272. Are you watching the videos for 2 gems daily? Are you running parades with all floats? I normally get at least 5 gems per parade.... usually more. Yesterday one of them gave me 15 gems between three floats. Granted, I have never bought a single chest, but I rarely find myself short. Right now I'll just keep stockpiling for the next event.
I think I have 3 floats. Maybe I need to upgrade. I do everything else.

Finally got the last cane. Started Yoda off on his first two-hour task. I figure he'll need to be at 2 before the event ends. Which I guess technically at this point, it has for me. I got my 16 gems and now it's on to just keep leveling up characters. Wondering if I just leave the other two where they are to maximize on the gem conversion, and then start moving them up when it's based on magic. I just checked and I'm sitting on close to 73,042,434 in useless magic anyway.
Grats, I still need 5 more Canes.

I think I have 3 floats. Maybe I need to upgrade. I do everything else.
I think so. When I replied to your message at 7:10 this morning, I was at 272 gems. Less than 12 hours later, I'm up to 299. Granted, I got 16 for finishing the Star Wars set, but I received an additional 11 gems from parades and chests in that short time. I don't remember if it takes gems or magic to open parade slots, but I've had all seven floats running for as long as I can remember.

For once the RNG was working in my favor. I woke up this morning and checked the game and had enough items to welcome Yoda. He's at L2 now. I'm not sure if it's because I have all the other SW characters or if it's just dumb luck. I'm going with option 2.

ETA - he's actually at Level 3. There are still tasks to do before I technically finish.

Last edited:
I think so. When I replied to your message at 7:10 this morning, I was at 272 gems. Less than 12 hours later, I'm up to 299. Granted, I got 16 for finishing the Star Wars set, but I received an additional 11 gems from parades and chests in that short time. I don't remember if it takes gems or magic to open parade slots, but I've had all seven floats running for as long as I can remember.
I must have the wrong floats in my parade, I rarely get gems.

One thing to keep in mind is that if the parade float can drop a token -- and it does -- that parade float will never drop gems in the same run.

I must have the wrong floats in my parade, I rarely get gems.
Different floats have different gem possibilities, but I think they all offer at least 3? Not a guarantee for any parade cycle, but there's always a chance of each float giving gems at the end of a parade.

For once the RNG was working in my favor. I woke up this morning and checked the game and had enough items to welcome Yoda. He's at L2 now. I'm not sure if it's because I have all the other SW characters or if it's just dumb luck. I'm going with option 2.

ETA - he's actually at Level 3. There are still tasks to do before I technically finish.
I can't recall ever finishing an event with over two days to spare before. It'll be nice to just casually cruise through the next couple of days... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter