Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hello all! Just came across this forum and signed up because this game has literally taken over my life for the past months!!!

I've just got Maximus today and am currently working towards Flynn and Randal! Excited as Tangled is one of my favourite movies!!!

Wondered what people's strategies were for getting magic? I used to burger farm until update and have now moved to a Mickey Ear Emporium approach now instead. Just wondered if there were any other 'tips' or alternatives?
I know you posted this yesterday, but welcome to the Disboards!

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sword in the Stone attraction? It's available in my shop for 75K magic, which would take me days to save. Do I need this? Is there a good reason to buy it? I'm always low on magic these days and have 7 characters waiting to level up since I can't afford to do that at this point.

I'm super confused about this gold coins event. So they should just be appearing when I collect magic from my attractions and quests? Is it random or is there a time frame like the brooms and ravens? My event also says it only lasts 15 hours, was that the same for others?

I have had 3 characters on special offer this weekend! Boo, Wall•E and Maximus. Had to grab Maximus, he has so much attitude I felt I needed him :). Just unlocked Flynn Rider tonight too, so working on items for him while building up my magic to grab the next plot of land in Fantasyland. Can't wait to get Fairytale Princess hall as the 60 day bonus! Few days away for me.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sword in the Stone attraction? It's available in my shop for 75K magic, which would take me days to save. Do I need this? Is there a good reason to buy it? I'm always low on magic these days and have 7 characters waiting to level up since I can't afford to do that at this point.

I got the Sword in the Stone attraction because I had the magic to spare, but other than paying out 221 magic ever 12 hours it doesn't give you anything else. No items come from it. Since it would take 170 days before it pays back the 75,000 magic there is really no reason to get it unless you have 75,000 magic that you do not need.

Just got the items needed for Roz,once coin event finishes will be setting characters to get the ears needed for Pete.
Anyone spend the 50k Magic to clear the curse on small area next to Space Mountian

I know you posted this yesterday, but welcome to the Disboards!

Aw! Thank you ^.^

Given it's really the first of it's kind to be so RIDICULOUSLY expensive, I am hopeful that this will be one of the things reduced in further updates. Failing that, I'd be looking to have about 200,000+ magic during a dry 'spell' (pun intended) before even contemplating it. Space is so scarce in my other areas already, and I imagine Fantasyland will soon be the same as it progresses a bit further, that I can't possible justify throwing that much magic at an attraction just now.

I have had 3 characters on special offer this weekend! Boo, Wall•E and Maximus. Had to grab Maximus, he has so much attitude I felt I needed him :). Just unlocked Flynn Rider tonight too, so working on items for him while building up my magic to grab the next plot of land in Fantasyland. Can't wait to get Fairytale Princess hall as the 60 day bonus! Few days away for me.

I too had to cave into Maximus! Although, generally, he is proving rather reluctant to do the Flynn token drops that I require! How long did it take you to get everything for Flynn? Feel like I'm doing constant 12 hour quests for his ears with no gains! :( Almost got everything for Randall at least!

General note re: gem characters - If you ever do intend on getting these, I would really highly recommend doing so when promotions are on, otherwise prices are just ridiculous! Besides, the extra gems you also acquire as part of the promotions make it easier to get premium rides as well (see promotions as a double win). Although, I in no way condone the price of things generally because it is rather expensive.... I'm just obsessive when it comes to getting complete collections D:

I also noticed on the DMK twitter that someone has gotten to the point of opening Its a Small World! Looks like that gets unlocked before the third piece of Fantasyland land by the looks of the screenshot!

Sorry for double post!

But it seems as though with the end of the previous 'Star' event, a new one has kicked off straight afterward where you collect your 'Experience' stars. I quite like the events that are integrated in the typical day-to-day maintenance of your park (although do occasionally like the Brooms/Ravens one that gives us something extra to do). Notably, the prizes for this two day event seem a lot more generous than usual, with a premium decoration at the end if you manage to collect enough! Those potentially redundant burger farms post-update may come in handy afterall!

Sorry for double post!

But it seems as though with the end of the previous 'Star' event, a new one has kicked off straight afterward where you collect your 'Experience' stars. I quite like the events that are integrated in the typical day-to-day maintenance of your park (although do occasionally like the Brooms/Ravens one that gives us something extra to do). Notably, the prizes for this two day event seem a lot more generous than usual, with a premium decoration at the end if you manage to collect enough! Those potentially redundant burger farms post-update may come in handy afterall!
I'm not understanding what this new "star" event wants us to collect? I have all my characters on tasks so I can't tell. Somehow I got 85 points right away but I'm ranked in the 800's on the leader board. What am I missing?

I'm not understanding what this new "star" event wants us to collect? I have all my characters on tasks so I can't tell. Somehow I got 85 points right away but I'm ranked in the 800's on the leader board. What am I missing?

It simply counts up the experience you earn through your attractions and tasks/quests. Already (after 10 mins of playing) I am at the second milestone... so perhaps way too easy in comparison to other events. Perhaps the focus is moreso on the competitiveness of the leadership boards - but I rarely pay attention to these as I enjoy sleep too much, so normally just aim for the milestone rewards.

It simply counts up the experience you earn through your attractions and tasks/quests. Already (after 10 mins of playing) I am at the second milestone... so perhaps way too easy in comparison to other events. Perhaps the focus is moreso on the competitiveness of the leadership boards - but I rarely pay attention to these as I enjoy sleep too much, so normally just aim for the milestone rewards.
Ah...thanks! I got it now. I was expecting to see little stars pop up like the tokens did. Yeah, I wish I had a robot to collect for me. There's no way I can compete on this event. You would have to play non stop! I managed to rank in the top ten on the token event. I really wanted gems, but that event I could collect once an hour and still enjoy my sleep. This star event though, not a chance. I will just hit my milestones ASAP and take an event break! Lol!

Wow! Congrats on that Top 10 ranking - you must have far more perseverance than me XD. Although, in my defence I'm being partially distracted with trying to acquire all the Flynn Ryder tokens to welcome him! D:

Wow! Congrats on that Top 10 ranking - you must have far more perseverance than me XD. Although, in my defence I'm being partially distracted with trying to acquire all the Flynn Ryder tokens to welcome him! D:
Thanks! A combination of perseverance and stubbornness. I have a goal to not spend any real money for this game. So, I'm low on gems. When I realized I had a shot at top 10 I kept up (but I didn't sacrifice sleep). I wish I was far enough along to have the tangled characters. I'm working on Mickey tasks to get Minnie.

Thanks! A combination of perseverance and stubbornness. I have a goal to not spend any real money for this game. So, I'm low on gems. When I realized I had a shot at top 10 I kept up (but I didn't sacrifice sleep). I wish I was far enough along to have the tangled characters. I'm working on Mickey tasks to get Minnie.

Perseverance and willpower! I know I've spent far too much on this game already D:

Not too far away if your en route to getting Minnie! :D

I too am close to getting Minnie - just 2 more of her ears. I need 2 more Eve ears too which are the worst to collect :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter