Disney Magic Kingdoms

I would just keep doing as much as you can in parallel. Maybe you will be able to get a formal costume if you are lucky.

Oh that's a good point! Do you have to earn/buy them in a certain order or do they unlock all at once? What happens after the event is over?

Oh that's a good point! Do you have to earn/buy them in a certain order or do they unlock all at once? What happens after the event is over?

The formal costumes will time-unlock in 4 days, but you also have to be to that point in the quest line to start collecting for them, which means beating 2 series of Gaston battles that take a while. Once you unlock them you have to collect a bunch of fabric tokens from character missions (which is usually a pain). I don't know whether or not you'll be able to make it that far with a limited set of characters, but it can't hurt to try. The costumes are time-limited so they won't be available after the event ends, at least until they release them in some other way at a later time (e.g. legendary chests).

And so I find myself back to one of my original complaints. Why can't we all just proceed at our own pace? I will now have Bella and the Beast starting at me from the quest box for the next four days. Whats wrong with allowing us to roll right into collecting fabric as soon as we are at that point? Idiots.

The formal costumes will time-unlock in 4 days, but you also have to be to that point in the quest line to start collecting for them, which means beating 2 series of Gaston battles that take a while. Once you unlock them you have to collect a bunch of fabric tokens from character missions (which is usually a pain). I don't know whether or not you'll be able to make it that far with a limited set of characters, but it can't hurt to try. The costumes are time-limited so they won't be available after the event ends, at least until they release them in some other way at a later time (e.g. legendary chests).

Thank you for the explanation. I'll give it a shot and see how far I can get.

At what level would you stop upgrading the B&B characters in order to save currency? I want to make sure that they are high enough to be able to participate in the costume searches, but I'd also like to be able to afford said costumes as well as Gaston.

At what level would you stop upgrading the B&B characters in order to save currency? I want to make sure that they are high enough to be able to participate in the costume searches, but I'd also like to be able to afford said costumes as well as Gaston.
Most of mine are at level 5. Want to keep going because I'm worried about trying to bring them up to 10 once the tokens become more scarce. But then, I was never one to adhere to the "farming" method of playing the game when it comes to currency. My mind tends to go more towards strategy rather than LCD farming.

Most of my characters are at level 6, and to upgrade them to level 7 is only 2600 per character. Mrs Potts and Chip, to go the next level is 800 each. So to level all of my current characters to the next level is about 12,000 shields. I'm not sure how much of a difference that really is going to make for affording Gaston and costumes. I currently have 27,000 in currency, and even with buying and upgrading, each day my total gets higher, and we still have 10 days left.

My limitation on the leveling, is the time. I will try to get everyone to 7 because that means their only unavailable for 4 hours. If I can upgrade a few of them to level 8, overnight, I will do that. Otherwise, I'm holding them because I don't want them to be unavailable for earning tokens/fabric.

And so I find myself back to one of my original complaints. Why can't we all just proceed at our own pace? I will now have Bella and the Beast starting at me from the quest box for the next four days. Whats wrong with allowing us to roll right into collecting fabric as soon as we are at that point? Idiots.

I have a feeling it's because they know they have to convert event currency to gems at the end and they want to prolong that as much as possible. I think that's why they made the event currency so hard to come by this time around too. Maybe they hope if people have less time that they will end up with less gems and be more tempted to hit that in app purchase for it...

I'm reaaaallly hoping the fabric isn't "epic". I would love Belle's official dress... and Mickey's tuxedo.
But mostly I'm hoping I can finally finish an event and see the end! I came so close with NBC, the snowgies RUINED Frozen for me, was maybe 2 tasks away from finishing Mulan (I got all the characters though but it was so disappointing to see all those tasks disappear and the characters just exist), and I've been trying so hard to stay on top of this one. Fingers crossed. I'd love to see how they actually end haha

So what is this secret about event boards. I thought everyone was playing on one board, but I guess not. The top player on my board has 73.

If this was mention earlier I must have missed it.

I am having such a problem with Belles ears. I had one drop today! That's it! I need 3 more ears and I can welcome her. So frustrated right now.

Do you have to have the restaurant to get belle? I don't have any BATB quests, and I have Lumiere and have done all those quests...

Do you have to have the restaurant to get belle? I don't have any BATB quests, and I have Lumiere and have done all those quests...

No, you do not need the Be Our Guest restaurant. What level are your characters? Maybe someone needs to be leveled up.

I am having such a problem with Belles ears. I had one drop today! That's it! I need 3 more ears and I can welcome her. So frustrated right now.
How often do you play? You've got lots to do before the costumes become available in 3 days. How's your happiness level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter