Disney Magic for February 15, 2015-7night

belac

I like fluffy!
Just booked Disney Magic for February 15, 2015

This will be our 3rd DCL
Me, DH, and DS (7 at time of sailing)
I can't choose a fav character, I luv them all, DH Luvs Lion King, DS also luvs all, but Pluto, Mickey and Eeyore hold a special place.
Cayla (padalyn) has set up a FB page, see below
I have started the FE list so send me your info.....
Some things to consider;
This list will only be available to those that sign-up for FE & Meet.
This list will be edited by me, so either PM me, email me, or post here.
Please feel free to use initials if uncomfortable giving names.
Also can use DS, (for Son), DD (for Daughter), DH (for Husband), DW(for Wife), DGM(for Grandmother), DGF (for grandfather), MIL, FIL (in-laws) etc……
No we don’t need adults age, but nice to know children’s age and gender for age appropriate gifts.
Any special Disney Character’s you love.
Let me know of any Allergies, in case anyone is preparing an edible FE gift. Even if it is a less severe allergy please let me know.
You may also want to ask that no edible gifts for your State Room.
Also you can add anything that I may have missed but important to you.

So lets get started ......

***NEW*** We started a PRE CRUISE Correspondence Thread for families already on the MEET and FE here. Please sign up officially here on this thread and then pop over there to make per cruise email pals, get kiddos together etc...

here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3301035

Info on FE and what they are can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1985164&page=5 - **this link not working see below post No. 10 for the link

We are booked on that cruise as well!!! I haven't found a thread besides this one! I can't wait for FE's and all that stuff!!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

My wife and I will be on this cruise (second half of a B2B). May I suggest that the first post be edited for future links to things like FE lists, meet & greet, and other Dis events?

My name is Cayla and my wife's name is Cathy (she is Halloween_Gryl on the Dis, but doesn't post very often).

We are looking forward to our first trip on the re-imagined Magic!!

We will be there as well! Enjoyed Eastern Caribbean in November 2013 so really looking forward to it.

Hi everyone, I am the OP.
I am so happy to know there are more people here, bjornda and i thought we were all alone on that big boat. Like i stated i never organized a FE but I have been researching other threads. I don't mind starting the FE list here, but I don't and have never used FB (yup, I live under a rock) that was actually one of the first topics of discussion on other threads.
So the first question is do we start a FB page? The second, anyone here yet that can get that going? Third was do we want FE alone, or add a meet at beginning of cruise?

To start the FE list going, let me know as much as you feel comfortable. I will start an excel and possibly use google docs to share. If someone starts FB, I think we can upload the list somehow, and always can post here, in case there are other rock dwellers out there like me ;)
For now with so few we should wait on how to do the FE (once, 2x, 1 adult gift and individual kids gifts......):confused3

So you can either post here or pm me your info like: first names (I will use dis-name to organize the list too) stateroom#, names people in your state room; for children if you don't want to use name please use DS DD for gender and an age, anything you are celebrating and anything you feel is important. I will start a new thread for the Fish Extender once I get this all figured out. Should be soon I'm too excited:rotfl:

Hi everyone
I have started the FE list so send me your info.....
Some things to consider;
This list will only be available to those that sign-up for FE & Meet.

This list will be edited by me, so either PM me, email me, or post here.

Also send me your email address to share the Google Docs Link of the List so you can keep track :)

Please feel free to use initials if uncomfortable giving names.
Also can use DS, (for Son), DD (for Daughter), DH (for Husband), DW(for Wife), DGM(for Grandmother), DGF (for grandfather), MIL, FIL (in-laws) etc……
No we don’t need adults age, but nice to know children’s age and gender for age appropriate gifts.
Any special Disney Character’s you love.
Let me know of any Allergies, in case anyone is preparing an edible FE gift. Even if it is a less severe allergy please let me know.
You may also want to ask that no edible gifts for your State Room.
Also you can add anything that I may have missed but important to you.

So lets get started ......:cheer2:

Info on FE and what they are can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1985164&page=5

Please PM Padalyn (Cayla) as she has graciously offered to start the FB page for this cruise. - Thanks Cayla:)

So - I created the FB group...you edit the first page to include the name of the group, and request that folks who want access to the FB group will need to PM me with: Their real first name, email address associated with FB, and in the subject line the phrase Magic Feb 15, 2015 please.
The name of the FB group is "Disney Magic - Western Caribbean Cruise Feb 15, 2015". Again - to join I will add each person.

Hello everyone,

I've been waiting for a couple months now for this thread to start and I am so happy it did. This is our 2nd cruise. Our first cruise was also the Western Caribbean, but we couldn't go to Grand Cayman b/c of the swells and tendering, and this one includes Key West. We've always wanted to go there. We are FE newbies b/c I wanted to get the whole feel of cruising before throwing in a FE to worry about. So my crazy bunch includes me (DW), DH, DS 12 (at sailing) and DS 4 (at sailing). We had such a great time last cruise so we're super pumped for this one. We've been watching the videos of the re -imagine magic like it's our job. I'm happy to have the FE to distracting me from the fact that we have 356 days until sailing:cool1:.

Also I'll be the first psycho:banana: to put this out there...but I am one of the bajillion people who are on the quest for the ever coveted family cabana. Yes we did have a great time at Castaway Cay without one, BUT BUT BUT....Sooooo...I know this is really to soon to probably talk about this but, if someone is willing to share and we split the price PM me. I will be trying to get one on my own as well, but just trying to increase my chances. :thumbsup2

Other little fun facts about us. We're from upstate NY and we DO NOT fly. Yes that means we'll be driving. And we usually do it straight thru. Luckily the adrenaline gets us thru the way down...the drive home is another story. Last year we booked the auto train thinking a drive to VA isn't all that bad...but then Amtrak canceled on us. :sad:

Hi I pm-ed you:)
Glad you are in with us :cool1:
How is the weather? Lots of snow for us too, so glad I'm not dealing with it this past week.
Yes 365 days of something to plan helps out bunches :thumbsup2

Hello everyone,

I've been waiting for a couple months now for this thread to start and I am so happy it did. This is our 2nd cruise. Our first cruise was also the Western Caribbean, but we couldn't go to Grand Cayman b/c of the swells and tendering, and this one includes Key West. We've always wanted to go there. We are FE newbies b/c I wanted to get the whole feel of cruising before throwing in a FE to worry about. So my crazy bunch includes me (DW), DH, DS 12 (at sailing) and DS 4 (at sailing). We had such a great time last cruise so we're super pumped for this one. We've been watching the videos of the re -imagine magic like it's our job. I'm happy to have the FE to distracting me from the fact that we have 356 days until sailing:cool1:.

Also I'll be the first psycho:banana: to put this out there...but I am one of the bajillion people who are on the quest for the ever coveted family cabana. Yes we did have a great time at Castaway Cay without one, BUT BUT BUT....Sooooo...I know this is really to soon to probably talk about this but, if someone is willing to share and we split the price PM me. I will be trying to get one on my own as well, but just trying to increase my chances. :thumbsup2

Other little fun facts about us. We're from upstate NY and we DO NOT fly. Yes that means we'll be driving. And we usually do it straight thru. Luckily the adrenaline gets us thru the way down...the drive home is another story. Last year we booked the auto train thinking a drive to VA isn't all that bad...but then Amtrak canceled on us. :sad:
Where abouts in Upstate? We love to drive and often drive to Fl just because. we are from just outside of NYC. I hear you about the drive home. In fact - we are driving for this trip (it is a back to back). Welcome aboard!!

Hi I pm-ed you:)
Glad you are in with us :cool1:
How is the weather? Lots of snow for us too, so glad I'm not dealing with it this past week.
Yes 365 days of something to plan helps out bunches :thumbsup2

We are expecting more snow I hear...sigh. The street are just about impassable since the towns around here DON'T PLOW! go figure.

We are expecting more snow I hear...sigh. The street are just about impassable since the towns around here DON'T PLOW! go figure.

OMG I don't want to go home :sad2:

Been in SFL this week because Mom broke her shoulder of all things, and we stopped over at WDW for a couple of days.
Back tomorrow I heard a few more inches. That coupled with not really having a Vacation, except 2 days at WDW, and of course that little thing I call the evil place (work), I really don't want o go back.

However on the bright side a year to plan for our cruise, mom is out of Hospital and now dad gets to take care of her, and DS gets back to school are some thing to look forward to, just prefer to do that without the snow.

Hey guys! I'm so glad that people are starting to join! Belac - I will PM you with my FE information, and I will PM Cayla for an add to the facebook page! I was wondering if it would be possible to open the facebook group so that it can at least be identified through a search...(Unless maybe it already is, and I have just been unlucky in trying). We could still keep it closed so no-one can see any information unless they are accepted to join, but I know that a lot of the people in our facebook group for my last cruise didn't even know about the disboards. I worry that we will leave a lot of people out, or there will be another facebook group started for people who aren't involved in the disboards. Just a thought. :) . Thanks!

We're a little outside of Schenectady. We have a good amount of snow. But nothing we're not used too. 14"+ is the norm for us usually. Past few years have been mild so it's nice to see the white stuff again. I remember the one year we drove down we had barely any snow up here but D.C. and south got hit hard. We were still seeing snow in South Carolina.

Just off the Wonder yesterday. We are on this cruise. Great FE group with that sailing. So put me down for FE. It will be myself Liz and daughter Riley 14 at sailing.

OK someone told me I had to do this. I have no clue what I am doing at this point. My family just got off the Magic and we booked again. Clue me in Please!!!
My daughter will be 8 when we sail.

OK someone told me I had to do this. I have no clue what I am doing at this point. My family just got off the Magic and we booked again. Clue me in Please!!!
My daughter will be 8 when we sail.

Hi
I assume signing up for FE. If so please PM me your email and I will send you the link that I have the FE list on. In the PM let me know the items i mentioned above, name, state room, name and age of everyone too. Also PM Padalyn so she may invite to FB Page.

The easiest way to describe is a trick- or- treat on ship but family gets little gifts for the others on FE list and we exchange via Fish extenders. FYI - nobody knocks on doors jut put the gift in FE. Great thing to do on sea days and kids love it::yes:: they get to also see a lot of the ship too.
Again if ou have specific questiond don't hesitate to ask :thumbsup2

belac please let me know if you received the private messages I sent. It is telling me I have not posted enough to send private messages but to a list of people.

I tried to find it because I cannot send my information PM until I have 10 posts.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter