• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magazine kaput! (UPDATED 4/13)

Oh I'm just so sad. I looked forward to getting my magazine and it never failed to put a smile on my face and put me in the mood for my next trip. Darn. Darn, darn, darn.

I LOVED Disney magazine! My only complaint about it was that it didn't come every month! I will really miss it. Time to write a letter, I guess!

The Disney web site needs updated SOON! Just saw this on the Disney Insider:

DISNEY MAGAZINE
Subscribe to Disney Magazine and get 50% off!

50% off of a magazine that will never arrive is not a good deal. ;)

This S#cks! I have to believe there was a good amount of subscribers. Stand up and say something. Start a petition thread. Everybody do something. If you just sit back and watch nothing can possibly change. I still email the Disney Channel regularly asking for something "Parkish" on that perfect media for it. Ever since the day they pulled Inside Out off of there years ago I have been bothering them. It still bothers me that the Travel Channel shows more park stuff than Disney Channel. But not to get away from this. Stand up and be heard.

Cobra B. said:
I have to believe there was a good amount of subscribers.

Reportedly about 500,000, which isn't a very big number.

It used to be free with the Disney Club / MKC membership, and they offered very generous renewal terms when those clubs ended in 2003. We've always found copies in our WDW resort rooms.

I'm not sure what else Disney could have done to make consumers aware of its existence. Too bad more people weren't interested in paying for it.

Unless Disney has a change of heart, probably the best we could hope for is that some of the wonderfully talented folks who worked for the mag will band together and start their own publication.

bummer.
I just ordered my first subscription last month. The charge has already posted to my Visa bill...but I never received a single issue. I guess I never will.

I'll give them a few weeks to refund my $$, then, if I don't see it materialize, I'll start making noise.

Kelley

[SIZE=+0]I liked this magazine too... at least it got delivered to me. Unlike DVC's VM which almost never shows up in my mailbox due to DVC's crappy mailing service. :([/SIZE]

Who would we contact to complain to? Does anyone know a email address and name for the person at Disney who is the head of publishing decisions?

lodgelady said:
Who would we contact to complain to? Does anyone know a email address and name for the person at Disney who is the head of publishing decisions?

I couldn't find an email address, so I called the toll-free number in the subscription info part of the magazine. She said that yes, it's true and they are forwarding comments made about this to the proper people.

The number is 1 (800) 333-8734.

I will also be sending a letter to Bob Iger to tell him how disappointed I am about this. :sad1:

Interesting, because when I called customer service this morning, they siad the rumor was NOT true! I suspect they are doing damage control at this point.

I emailed George Mitchell off of the link on the SaveDisney site. I will also be calling and writing. Thanks for the info! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter