Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Oh jeez... I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Mine's the simple one, just me sitting there talking - you can see the fishtank in the background. I think it's on the second page of videos currently.

What page number using the next button?
I liked Megan,but just thought someone who can afford to goto Disney Paris, umm...is already a princess living a dream life.

Oh jeez... I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Mine's the simple one, just me sitting there talking - you can see the fishtank in the background. I think it's on the second page of videos currently.

I liked Megan,but just thought someone who can afford to goto Disney Paris, umm...is already a princess living a dream life.

Found it Amy! Good luck. I hope they pick someone real like yourself. One is a doctor,can he really take the time off from his job I wonder?
I have yet to post mine. It is going to simply also.

TLP...

I just checked her computer and the file is an MPEG, which according to the rules is acceptable. I was in our home office when she was submitting it...it took 15-20 minutes and I seem to remember her seeing a "thanks for submission screen" or something along those lines.

I emailed her and asked if she got a confirmation email and she didn't. But from reading this thread, it doesn't seem like anyone else got one either. :confused3

I'm wondering if I should suggest she resubmit. If they haven't gotten her video for some reason, then maybe that will work. And if they did get it, it shouldn't be a problem because the rules say duplicate submissions will be disqualified and the first one used.

Right now, if you hit Next once, it's the second one from the right. (I know you found it, Pam, but for anyone else looking...). :goodvibes

Lightsaber...

I didn't get a confirmation email either. I wouldn't worry, as long as she saw the confirmation screen after it was submitted and the file was within the guidelines. Good luck to her! :goodvibes

Question for you all...gotta love having a server at home that I can view the shared files...checking out her video

The file was named in the format:

Jane Smith Dream CMO.MPG

It is an MPEG file.

Could the name of the file maybe have kicked it out of the system? Maybe she should have had no spaces...like JaneSmithDreamCMO and left off the .MPG?

Totally grasping at straws here...

I was planning on using my camera to do my video.
Will that be ok. It is the easiest way I know how to upload it.

Question for you all...gotta love having a server at home that I can view the shared files...checking out her video

The file was named in the format:

Jane Smith Dream CMO.MPG

It is an MPEG file.

Could the name of the file maybe have kicked it out of the system? Maybe she should have had no spaces...like JaneSmithDreamCMO and left off the .MPG?

Totally grasping at straws here...

Hmmm... I'll have to check at home but I'm pretty sure mine was named Smith For CMO.mpg (with spaces and file extension) ... if it was different I'll let you know.

I think maybe they just post random ones to the website... surely they don't post every single eligible entry?? Or maybe the ones posted there are the ones they've already discarded. :sad2:

Amy, I don't know what the scoop is.

I suppose they receive a lot of videos. Even Disney probably doesn't have the bandwidth to post all of them at 50M a piece.

I think it's just nervewracking not to see it and wondering what happened to it, especially since there are over 100 of them up there.

Of course, there's no "contact us" link to inquire. I guess we'll just have to hope a little magic falls on her and the video actually made it in.

I just submitted my application and video - it's not up yet but we'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so nervous!

I wonder if they are posting all of the videos or just a handful of them.... if those are all of the submissions to date it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people applying. I'm still trying to edit my video down, but I hope to have it submitted soon.

I wonder if they are posting all of the videos or just a handful of them.... if those are all of the submissions to date it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people applying. I'm still trying to edit my video down, but I hope to have it submitted soon.

Yeah, we've been trying to figure out the logic behind the videos that are posted, but ... who knows? :confused3 Guess we just have to wait and see!

Sabor,

Have your tried emailing it to someone to make sure it goes through okay? It looks like you've done everything right. Who knows what their rational is for posting them. All I know is it's making me a nervous wreck!!

I would agree with you. If you are really concerned about it not going through, resubmit it.

Traci

I posted one and it was 44 MB, and it took FOREVER to upload! DH (computer guy) says uploading always takes longer than downloading, and I hope that's true. I'll be looking to see if it shows up on the CMO videos page, but I also am wondering like a previous poster if they're posting all the videos they receive or just a certain percentage of them. There are only five days left or so, so you'd think they'd have received more videos than are posted, so I guess we'll see. I imagine they do have to view them before they post them, too, to make sure they are "Disney," and not rated R or anything like that. Anyway, to everyone who has posted -- I wish you all the best of luck! It would be great if a DIS-er gets it! :goodvibes

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

:goodvibes Well, my video is up there (girl with short blonde hair holding a purple sticky note).

It was so hard to pare it down to 1 minute (I originally had his long sequence planned out), plus I was so nervous :scared:, trying to make it funny and original (hope I get at least a smile for my crack about my magic mirror going off to be Donald Duck's image consultant for the contest...that duck will do anything to win). Being a student in my last semester with no job lined up yet leaves my future VERY open for the CMO job and so it'd be nice to win and know that I'd have something to do after I graduate. Although I'm sure anyone here would love to be just a finalist and participate in the competitions (I know I would).

Oh, and I too am a Cinderella. princess:

Well, good luck to everyone! Of course I'm hoping to be selected myself, but if not I definitely want a DISer to be a finalist so that I can vote for them!

Doesn't look like any new videos were added overnight - mine is still in the same spot it was in yesterday. (Hahaha, we could speculate about those posted videos forever, I think!)

There are now a bunch more videos up. Surely a diser will be in the top 10! I would love to compile a list of diser's and a descprition of their videos so we can keep track....if you want to be on the list...pm me and I'll get one started!

My video is now posted...yay!

If you'd like to see my video: I'm wearing a white coat with Minnie Ears and there's a car and another girl in the background wearing a black pullover and black pants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter