Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Now I'm nervous because my video is no longer up there...maybe they only have the videos up for so long before putting up fresh ones?

It appears to me that they are no longer keeping the videos "in order", when you are on the page that has 20 videos. Also, it appears that new videos are not place in order on the strip...

This makes it harder to find a specific video.

Anne

It appears to me that they are no longer keeping the videos "in order", when you are on the page that has 20 videos. Also, it appears that new videos are not place in order on the strip...

This makes it harder to find a specific video.

Anne

AmericanItGirl: Your video is still there. Like a previous poster said, they are jumbling the videos when you see the page with 25 videos on them. But if you click on one, then at the bottom of the screen you get a list of five videos and the "next" and "previous" buttons, so you can scroll through them that way and you'll see yours is still there. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

AmericanItGirl: Not only is your video still there, but I saw it at least four times as I scrolled through the pages this morning! :lmao:

Hey guys...

Just checking in to say my wife's video still does not appear and we uploaded on Saturday of last week.

So this could be good if they are holding some back or it could be bad...as in it somehow never got there.

I have to say it was really annoying that whoever Disney has putting those videos up for us to view duplicated an awful lot of them. I think there were several that appeared 3 or 4 times. You'd think their computer people would know better.

Not really sure what to do at this point.

I'm wondering how strict Disney is going to be on the "no music" rule. I was editing my video last night and have a small clip from inside on of the parks that has themed area music in the background.... I might edit it out because I don't want to be disqualified.

Anne I absolutely LOVED your video!!! Seriously one of the best up there.

I want to enter but can't think of a good video idea... sigh

Hi all...they have posted some of the videos (100 I think) on the disneycmo site. Mine is on there, look for the chubby lady in a gray jacket standing next to a full size cut out of captain jack!

Anne

Lightsaber - I also uploaded my video on Saturday and it has not made it to the website. I wonder if there was a problem on Saturday. I'm also wondering if I should try uploading it again.
:confused3

My feel is that they will be very picky about the music. With so many entries, I would guess they will use music as a way to weed people out who didn't follow the rules.

But it's just a guess.

So what's your guys' feel on what my wife should do about her video?

Should we re-upload?

Lightsaber - I also uploaded my video on Saturday and it has not made it to the website. I wonder if there was a problem on Saturday. I'm also wondering if I should try uploading it again.
:confused3

Could it have been because we uploaded on a weekend? That just seems to easy...especially since I know my wife did get the screen that said the application was accepted, or whatever it was that it said.

Could it have been because we uploaded on a weekend? That just seems to easy...especially since I know my wife did get the screen that said the application was accepted, or whatever it was that it said.

I really just wonder if the videos that are posted are just a random selection of the ones submitted. I mean, there are probably less than 200 unique videos there (I noticed quite a few were duplicated) and I can't imagine that that few have applied.

The rules do say, though, that if the same video is submitted twice then the first submission is the one they'll "count". So maybe it can't hurt to submit it again? I really don't know.

And really, it would only be the same video...so if the original one DID make it through the first time, if the duplicate was discarded, it wouldn't matter.

But if somehow there was a problem with their server...then resubmitting could save the day.

AmericanItGirl: Your video is still there. Like a previous poster said, they are jumbling the videos when you see the page with 25 videos on them. But if you click on one, then at the bottom of the screen you get a list of five videos and the "next" and "previous" buttons, so you can scroll through them that way and you'll see yours is still there. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

AmericanItGirl: Not only is your video still there, but I saw it at least four times as I scrolled through the pages this morning! :lmao:

Whew! :teeth: I was beginning to get a little worried, but I noticed that some of the videos repeated themselves so I figured that my video would have been on if the system thing wasn't messed up and kept repeating videos. Good to know that my video still exists on the website. :dance3:

:thanks: for telling me!

Only 2 more days, after today, left in the contest! :hyper:

I really just wonder if the videos that are posted are just a random selection of the ones submitted. I mean, there are probably less than 200 unique videos there (I noticed quite a few were duplicated) and I can't imagine that that few have applied.
That was my thought! Only 200 people have applied? But then I think... well they didn't really publicize it except a few articles in the news media, most people I know hadn't even heard about it until I told them about it. Plus maybe a lot of people can't afford that kind of time away from their jobs, families, and lives. Even though it isn't a lot of time spent working for them, it still is a HUGE committment in terms of travel, away from home, etc...

For last year's Dream Job Contest they didn't have tons of videos up either - I don't think they publicized it enough - I found out about it here on the Disboards!

That was my thought! Only 200 people have applied? But then I think... well they didn't really publicize it except a few articles in the news media, most people I know hadn't even heard about it until I told them about it. Plus maybe a lot of people can't afford that kind of time away from their jobs, families, and lives. Even though it isn't a lot of time spent working for them, it still is a HUGE committment in terms of travel, away from home, etc...

Plus the age limit is imo a major deterrent factor for a lot of would-be applicants. A lot of 18-20 year olds probably could make the time commitment, but re too young, whereas once you hit 21 and older, a lot of people have full-time jobs beyond just working at Starbucks. There's a reason why most Starbucks employees are young, because they have other side things (like school, a band, an acting career) that they want to do before they settle down and spend their full time doing one thing, meaning that they're more flexible than most adults. If this contest came at the same time next year, I'd probably not enter because I'd have a full-time job and be looking at entering law school the next year, but because I'm in my final semester in college and I don't have a full-time job lined up for next year yet, I can see if I win this and then find a job that will allow me to do this if I win.

The way I see it, the fewer people enter, the better, 'cause it means better odds for me. :thumbsup2

A lot of 18-20 year olds probably could make the time commitment, but re too young, whereas once you hit 21 and older, a lot of people have full-time jobs beyond just working at Starbucks.

That's why I didn't give a video more than a passing thought. I figure I probably couldn't get the time off work anyway. I have a very understanding boss, but there are limits to how much time I can be away and it not adversely affect the company.

I agree with AmericanItGirl.

The demands on this position are fairly stringent if you think about it. Essentially, you have to be able to be at the beck and call of Disney Destinations. They have certain events they've already identified, but if anything is set up after the fact, you are obligated to be available.

I think fewer people have applied for this job than say, the Disney Moms Panel, because more effort had to be put in. It's real easy to just fill in some windows and hit submit, but this is not that kind of contest.

Consider all the people who didn't apply just because a video had to be made. Some people wouldn't bother to take the time; others may not even want to have themselves on camera.

It would be interesting to know how many applicants they did receive at the end of the application period. But I don't think it's going to be an astronomical number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!