Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Consider all the people who didn't apply just because a video had to be made. Some people wouldn't bother to take the time; others may not even want to have themselves on camera.

I almost didn't do it because of the video (I'm extremely selfconscious...odd when one considers the fact that I've done extra work before, but I refuse to watch anything I've been in, especially if I know that I'm identifiable in it), but to me the CMO contest is worth overcoming my inhibitions (although I still won't watch the video I made for the contest). I can definitely see why someone would refuse to enter such a great contest because of the whole video thing, especially the voting based on the video.

I agree with what everyone has said. I'm lucky in that my job is pretty flexible in terms of vacation time -- and I have about eight weeks' worth saved up! Admittedly, I'm going to use three of them for my wedding and honeymoon in 2009, but that still leaves plenty that I could take a few days each month for a 12-month period if I needed to. And, boy, do I ever hope I need to! :rotfl2:

I almost didn't do it because of the video (I'm extremely selfconscious...odd when one considers the fact that I've done extra work before, but I refuse to watch anything I've been in, especially if I know that I'm identifiable in it), but to me the CMO contest is worth overcoming my inhibitions (although I still won't watch the video I made for the contest). I can definitely see why someone would refuse to enter such a great contest because of the whole video thing, especially the voting based on the video.

AmericanItGirl - have you watched it at all?? I think that's funny! (I watched it, btw, it's good!) :)

I talked to my wife and she's right now loading the disc on her computer to upload again.

Too bad there isn't a cross-your-fingers smilie we could use here.

OK. She started the upload just prior to use playing a family card game of BS and just got the "Thanks for applying, stay tuned" message. Took almost 35 minutes this time to upload.

Crossing my fingers that one of these submissions actually made it through to whoever is screening them.

Good luck Saber! Let us know if/when you see it! Sending some pixie dust your way. :wizard:

Well, I decided, around 7:00 PM tonight, to do a contact sheet of all the entries up to that time. Then I went thru and crossed off all the duplicates. ( I know, I need to get a life! ;) ) I came up with a total of 219 entries, although, if you go by the number on the careerbuilder.com web site it is making it look like there are 338 because of all the duplicates.

Hopefully this will give us a more accurate figure!:)

TC:cool1:

I came up with a total of 219 entries, although, if you go by the number on the careerbuilder.com web site it is making it look like there are 338 because of all the duplicates.

I think that if you click on the "watch videos" link, then click on the first one, and then pause it, at the bottom you get a screen with five more videos, then a "next" button. When it shows them five at a time, I don't think there are any duplicates. If you hit "next" when the screen is showing 25, then it appears to just jumble them up, so you see the same one a bunch of times. But if you use the five-to-a-screen one, and assuming there are no duplicates (I don't think there are any this way), then there are something like 334 unique videos right now as I type this. Which, again, considering how many people love Disney and live in America, does not seem like a really high number. But I think it's hard to make a video, and upload it, and keep it under a minute, etc., and be willing to submit to a background check and be available to go when they need you, so I think that is the main reason that there aren't more. There's still some more time, too, so I imagine more videos will show up. There are plenty of really good ones and I like a lot of them that were posted by DISers, so I'm rooting for a DISer to be in the Top 10, and then we can all vote for that one. :) Probably won't be mine, but it was fun making one anyway. LOL!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Well, it's the last day. I don't know if any new videos will be uploaded on a weekend.

I don't think the videos were changed yesterday, but sometimes it's hard for me to tell when it appears that they shuffle the videos. I always see some of the same ones when I scroll through.

And unfortunately, my wife's video is still not there.

I wonder if at least we'll all get an email after they pick the semi-finalists, even if it's a "sorry, but thanks for playing..." message. That way, everyone will at least know that their videos were received. :confused3

Saber- Can you post the video so WE can see it? :goodvibes

Lightsaber is my DH. Looks like he's been active on this thread. I've tried to not read too many CMO things because I'm so nervous about it.

I'm especially nervous because my video is NOT there!

As far as uploading it for you all to see...I'm not even sure where I could do that. I have a photobucket account for just pictures, but I don't know if I can do video, much less 35M of video.

Any suggestions?

Zulaya - I uploaded mine again yesterday. It isn't on there either. I got the screen that said "Thank you for entering" or whatever both times but it has never shown up.:confused:

If you can't see your video, maybe you should email them and ask? I'm sure they can look it up via the "location" of your computer.

You find me a Contact Us on the dreamcmo website and I'll do it.

I thought of that last week when it didn't show up.

You find me a Contact Us on the dreamcmo website and I'll do it.

I thought of that last week when it didn't show up.

I found this: http://www.fuzeqna.com/careerbuilder/consumer/question.asp

I got the link from Number 12 of the Terms and Conditions: http://www.dreamcmo.com/terms.php

"12. Questions and Notices. . Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to Feedback. Notices shall be sent, for CareerBuilder, to the address listed on the Site, and, for you, to the address submitted by you or such other address as CareerBuilder reasonably determines is an appropriate address for you."

Hope this helps anyone who's worried about their video not showing up.

I think this link is more concerned with legal use of the site, not how to use it. I don't need to know how to use it, just why my video isn't there.

I did send in an inquiry, but it's Sunday and the last day and I bet no one is working at CareerBuilder to answer these in time for me to find out what the problem is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter