• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney has put us in a bit of a pickle

Even if you rearrange your entire schedule, there is no guarantee you will get in to see Fantasmic. Do we even know if it is going to be Genie+ , ILL , or Virtual Q ?
And competing with dining package guests … and guests that just show up thinking they just have to stand in line !

Well, the title really says a lot about the situation we are in. Our original plans were:
12/4- DHS
12/5 - Epcot (with extended evening hours)
12/6 - Resort day
12/7 - MK (with extended evening hours)
12/8 - AK (with a tour booked for 8 people)
12/9 - MK as our last day.

The problem is that Disney "announced" last week that on 12/4 they are closing DHS early and not showing Fantasmic for some sort of an event. If it was just my family going, bummer but I'd live even though Fantasmic is my favorite night time show on property.

But it's not. My best friend and are family are going and it's likely a one and done trip for them. I'm obviously going to talk to her about it but I already know what she's going to say: "You know what you're doing, whatever you think is best."

So what would you do? Would you switch out 12/4 and 12/9 so you can see Fantasmic or leave it as is or some other switch? I don't want to have our Resort day first, as we need a break halfway through. Both 12/4 and 12/9 are Christmas party days. We traditionally like to have MK be our last day, but I don't know which is more important, you know?
Definitely switch. We have a big company anniversary event (Dec 2-4) with huge Star Wars fans and close ties to Disney. I believe there might be something for the higher ups who are flying in on their jets. It’s an estimated 10k people (2500 employees+their families+1 caretaker) all paid. It’s a combo of WDW and US/IOA most likely with express passes/VIP included. I would definitely avoid Dec 2-4; many people are choosing to extend their vacation.

Did they change Dec 3rd as well?

We’ve been discussing this on the Dec thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-december-2022-thread.3870949/page-26#post-64384842

Last edited:
Definitely switch. We have a big company anniversary event (Dec 2-4) with huge Star Wars fans and close ties to Disney. I believe there might be something for the higher ups who are flying in on their jets. It’s an estimated 10k people (2500 employees+their families+1 caretaker) all paid. It’s a combo of WDW and US/IOA most likely with express passes/VIP included. I would definitely avoid Dec 2-4; many people are choosing to extend their vacation.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-december-2022-thread.3870949/page-26#post-64384842
Well that's good to know!

I edited the post to ask if you know the hours on Dec 3rd?

We’re hearing very little but should know more in a week.

I will say that the Epcot extended hours are just ok. If you are planning on rope dropping I don’t see you needing the extended hours. We like to take advantage of them by hopping to Epcot, but if you’ve been at the park all day I doubt you’ll need them.

If it was Fantasmic at DLR, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
Fantasmic at DHS....yes, I would go for it too. I enjoyed the stadium seating

Did they change Dec 3rd as well?

I am planning MK on December 4 to start our trip. Do you think it will be extremely crowded there that day? Or mostly HS?

I am planning MK on December 4 to start our trip. Do you think it will be extremely crowded there that day? Or mostly HS?
It’s hard to say. We haven’t even received hotel info yet (we were supposed to hear mid Oct). We did get flights. Majority of us will be leaving that evening. Some people are choosing to extend their trips and pay for flights separately. We chose US/IOA on that day. I’ll post on the December thread when we hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter