Disney has made 2 bad changes that most of you have probably not noticed!!!

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money.
Unless you have some names to provide so we can verify which resort rooms had but no longer have - I don't believe this is true.

The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you.
Sadly this is also the case at some offsite restaurants that are by Disney or colleges or other popular places because GUESTS STEAL AND TAKE THEM HOME.

Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels.
Hoarding nothing, provided on request. And what hotels is that?

No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes.
When I go in two weeks I hope there are less guests in the parks because in the last two years they have gotten more and more crowded - worse than pre-COVID at times. If there are less people at Disney it likely doesn't have to do with Disney - the entire state is feeling some tourist lulls.

Disney doesn't want to sell out of APs ... and they don't sell out until they tire of selling them ... :confused3

Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and
Honestly they should all be removed by now - it's not Disney's job to sanitize you - bring your own.

I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this
I'll give you this one that custodial does seem understaffed and overworked IF you are talking about overflowing trash cans.

IF you are talking about trash on the ground in general you can blame the trashy guests who are too lazy to walk their garbage to a can.

The ironic part to that is we bought there breakfast and brought it back to eat and we had no microwave to heat up a DISNEY breakfast. Oh well guess I won't be buying there breakfasts anymore
Disney provides ample seating indoors and out for you to eat your breakfast. If you choose to walk a distance with it while it cools ... that isn't Disney's fault.

I'm thinking that Disney is making you miserable overall and maybe it's time to find a new happy place.

Last edited:

Condiments have to asked for in every fast food place around me and where I work for over a year but I think it’s been longer. I do not recall a microwave in ant Disney room from years past except DVC and every other hotel we have stayed at but I am however sure some do offer them. But hey it’s Florida for most of the year leave it in the sun for a minute or 2 and your food will be nice and hot. I 100% agree Disney has been lax at best with trash and cleaning bathrooms.

I don't know when you last were in a WDW park since you don't say.

We were there just a week ago and were impressed by how much cleaner the parks were than when we last were there two years ago. We saw the white uniformed sweeper/collectors various places and not a single overflowing trashcan.

On our 2021 trip, we saw not one white uniform and much more scattered trash on pavement than ever before in our several WDW trips.

Thus, I disagree that trash lying about is a current problem at WDW.

Why not both? Why do you care if someone else uses hand sanitizer from a Disney-provided pump
I care because it is a big unnecessary expense to Disney that is better spent elsewhere.

Keeping hundreds of sanitizer stations maintained & working, clean and filled with sanitizer is not cheap. Disney already seems to have a custodial staffing problem and I'd rather their energy be used on keeping bathrooms cleaned and trash cans emptied. Folks also have the option of going in to bathrooms and washing their hands.

Long before COVID I carried sanitizer with me to the parks and I continue to do so. No reason folks who have concerns can't do the same. It's time now that folks take responsibility for their own health concerns. We can't expect businesses to keep doing it forever.

The food courts at the values have microwaves where you can heat up your food . They also have toasters you can use .I have brought my own bagels to toast and my own popcorn to pop when we were on a budget trips. I agree that microwaves could be a safety hazard, resulting in higher insurance premiums .
Disney is a business first and our happy place second. They want you out of the room having fun and spending money.

I care because it is a big unnecessary expense to Disney that is better spent elsewhere.

Keeping hundreds of sanitizer stations maintained & working, clean and filled with sanitizer is not cheap. Disney already seems to have a custodial staffing problem and I'd rather their energy be used on keeping bathrooms cleaned and trash cans emptied. Folks also have the option of going in to bathrooms and washing their hands.

Long before COVID I carried sanitizer with me to the parks and I continue to do so. No reason folks who have concerns can't do the same. It's time now that folks take responsibility for their own health concerns. We can't expect businesses to keep doing it forever.
Perhaps Disney retains them for their employees to use to try to maintain healthy employees .With so many different strains of viruses they encounter, I would think employee's becoming sick and call ins is an issue Disney deals with.

I traveled to 21 states recently and almost all of the hotels we stayed at had microwaves. Disney not having microwaves is pretty bad. People like to warm up food.
Eh, it varies. In my experience, the cheaper the hotel room is, the more likely it is to have a fridge and microwave. Those rooms are being marketed to people on a budget, so they look for other relatively inexpensive ways to help you save. High end hotels tend not to have either one, unless it is specifically a suite with a kitchen.

Frankly I don't recall any WDW hotels I've stayed at that had microwaves in the room, only the food court.

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like thi
It is an assumption that they took microwaves out to save money. You do not know why it happened. Second, it didn’t happen. I’ve been going 41 years. They only had them in villas and still do. They took away a lot of things. Let’s rally around those.

We were just at Universal and all of their hand sanitizer stations at the end of the rides were still there and all we used were still full. I was pleasantly surprised, and it was actually quite nice not to have to dig through my fanny pack. Disney is a much bigger beast, but I do miss the sanitizer after rides like TSM and MF that are high touch, but I am prepared & carry my own for just this reason - like you said, not a big deal. We wouldn’t be saying anything if they hadn’t have been proactive and offered them when there was more of a need.

Last edited:
I honestly could care less about microwaves being in hotels rooms. I can probably count on one hand in the past 20 years how many times I actually used one at a hotel. Like most of the posts I would rather not have people using microwaves in there room.

It's nice that places do provide hand sanitizing stations(assuming that they actually have anything in them) however it's also a very easy and small item to carry with you if your that concerned.

We always carry our own hand sanitizer, but if Disney is going to have machines ( be it 10 or a100), one shouldn’t have to try several before finding one filled.

We only ate at a few CS a few weeks ago, but had no issues finding basic condiments.

Keep microwaves out of hotel rooms (except DVC).

I can’t tell you how many times we’ve had to evacuate and have the fire department show up at work because someone burned something in the microwave and set off the alarms. It got to the point that making popcorn was banned.

And the smell is horrific. I do not want to be the next guest in a room that had a microwave mishap.

As for condiments, we’ve never had an issue finding or getting any condiments we wanted.

Yup, no microwaves in non DVC Disney hotel rooms and not giving out 100 mayonnaise packets per person are why WDW is seeing less attendance and not the increases prices, increase in complexity with Genie+/ILLs/virtual queues and the economy.

Speaking on the hand sanitizer bit, I always bring my own but it was nice when Disney had them filled. I went to Universal two weeks ago and they were still filled there (albeit their stuff wasn't the best).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter