Disney guided tours survey

timC

DVC Member at BWV
Did anyone else get this email survey this week? I just did a rather lengthy survey from Disney, about a new vacation business they're thinking about. They would offer group tour packages to Hawaii (island hopping), Europe (London, Paris, Disneyland), Northeastern US (Washington and New York), Yellowstone etc.... The packages were quite expensive. Someone has posted more details out on the rumor board if you're interested.

My input into the survey was a plug to include the packages as a trading option for DVC members... I'm sure Disney would do an excellent job assembling high quality tours. Having another Disney run travel option outside of WDW would be way cool.

What do you think?

I'm locked out in the middle of it right now but I too think it appears quite expensive especially when not everything about the packages is appealing, then to add air fare??? Naaaaaaaaaa...... In fact it only makes our DVC look better. We have done 2 Disney cruises and would do another before looking at this proposal. But I'm very glad Disney is doing a lot of research. They cannot afford another flop.;)

Disney is pricey in every venture, but they deliver first class service and entertainment. I suspect this would be no exception. I have not gotten the survey.

I just finished the survey as well.
I laughed when they asked why I wouldn't be interested in a Disney tour group plan. I answered because I probably knew enough to be a guide. Think they'll offer me a job? :p

Well, I finally finished. Not for us, too busy, not enough relaxing. Haven't taken a tour since a school class trip. Those were fun when I didn't know how to vacation. We like to set our own pace, do our own thing.

Pixie-you are right, we like to do all the trip planning ourselves, that's part of the fun.

JimC- No question it will be Disney quality, but would it be Disney enough. It's like McDonald's fries(only) from a vending cart in MK-it's not McDonald's enough, ya know? I thought Disney cruise line wouldn't be Disney enough but it is perfect. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm not the guided tour type either, and DVC helps to keep our annual vacation budget in line. I was interested to see that 3 of the tours they mentioned, Hawaii, DC/NY, and London/Paris, were already on my list of trips to consider for 2005, through a trade/cash. I'd like to take another look at those itineraries to get some ideas!

I recall my in-laws taking a few tour group trips, regularly paying $2000-$4000 per person, plus extras, for tours through Europe and Mediterranean. That was 10 years ago. I think these Disney tours are in the ballpark, with a premium for the brand and quality.

What I find most intriguing is the fact that Disney is putting market research into additional travel/vacation products. If tours packages are being considered, what other vacation programs are they imagineering, and what play could DVC have?

I'm encouraged.

I received this survey also I took a guided tour to italy it was great. I know that Disney would give it the quality that other tour compaines will not. I would like to see Disney do these type of tours.

I did the survey yesterday, as well. I think disney would do a fabulous job, but wow did it seem pricey!

I completed it yesterday. I told them if it was truly up to Disney standards we might consider taking the European tour.
But needed to know how they would make the tours accessible for ECV etc. I didn't like many of the names they offered for the program. Some were easy to confuse with existing programs like Disney Vacations. It bad enough now with the DVC vs DC. But it was fun to see what they are thinking about.

I would love an all-inclusive tour or resort option! My problem with our vacation dollars is I always forget about the hidden charges of tips, taxes and misc. transportation. I think including soda, and a limited amount of beer/wine at dinner (as they do at Club Med) would also be great.

I didn't like many of the names they offered for the program. Some were easy to confuse with existing programs like Disney Vacations. It bad enough now with the DVC vs DC. But it was fun to see what they are thinking about.

Nanajo1. Thanks for you reply.

Yes. There were a bunch of odd names to pick from. I picked "Walt Disney Tours" as my preference. It was the only one that used "Walt" in the name.

I'd buy anything that had Walt's name on it. :D

The cost for "land only" packages for a family of two adults and two kids in one room was in excess of $1000 a day--closer to $1500 a day---all meals included and activities...but even if you stay for $400 a night in london, eat $100 per MEAL (breakfast lunch and dinner) and go to an expensive activity like Lion King every night to make that worthwhile...and there is no way anybody spends that kind of money on food every single day--it seemed too expensive to me...packages ususally offer a break in price as teh operators negotiate discounts on volume...Disney has never discounted package deals...they are almost always more expensive than a la carte and this tour seemed no exception...I could be wrong..I have not priced package tours in a long time...but these seemed overly pricey...and I told them that.

Paul

ps- I chose Magic Journey's by Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter